Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 am

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a privilege waiting with you tonight...
Sincere condolences to those who wanted a different decision, and congratulations to those who got the closure they wanted.
Off for some restless sleep before rejoining the party tomorrow 8)

jenglish27
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jenglish27 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 am

MannaMan wrote:
jenglish27 wrote:I know its Yale and we cut them slack because they're Yale but did anyone else find the "transfer" note at the end of the WL e-mail a little bit off color? Its not offensive or anything, just seems a bit strange considering the tone of the e-mail...


What did it say?


"Should you choose to accept an offer at another institution, please keep in mind that your strong record indicates that you may be a promising candidate for future admission. You may wish to consider applying as a transfer candidate. Each year we accept a number of students who have performed well in their first year of law school. We often find that these transfer students are some of our strongest students. To make the application process as easy as possible, we offer an abbreviated "fast-track" transfer application to individuals who were offered a place on our waitlsit. We would be happy to speak with you next spring if you are interested in exploring this option."

Then instructions on how to let them know if you're interested...now.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wert3813 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 am

jenglish27 wrote:I know its Yale and we cut them slack because they're Yale but did anyone else find the "transfer" note at the end of the WL e-mail a little bit off color? Its not offensive or anything, just seems a bit strange considering the tone of the e-mail...



I didn't. But I also doubt there is any significant advantage to the fast track. That said, they were sincere enough to give us the email address of an actual person.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 am

sabanist wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a privilege waiting with you tonight...
Sincere condolences to those who wanted a different decision, and congratulations to those who got the closure they wanted.
Off for some restless sleep before rejoining the party tomorrow 8)


I really hope you get admitted. Your stats rock.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 am

jenglish27 wrote:
MannaMan wrote:
jenglish27 wrote:I know its Yale and we cut them slack because they're Yale but did anyone else find the "transfer" note at the end of the WL e-mail a little bit off color? Its not offensive or anything, just seems a bit strange considering the tone of the e-mail...


What did it say?


"Should you choose to accept an offer at another institution, please keep in mind that your strong record indicates that you may be a promising candidate for future admission. You may wish to consider applying as a transfer candidate. Each year we accept a number of students who have performed well in their first year of law school. We often find that these transfer students are some of our strongest students. To make the application process as easy as possible, we offer an abbreviated "fast-track" transfer application to individuals who were offered a place on our waitlsit. We would be happy to speak with you next spring if you are interested in exploring this option."

Then instructions on how to let them know if you're interested...now.


LOL

User avatar
Ling520
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Ling520 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)
Last edited by Ling520 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wert3813 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:21 am

TrustInMusic wrote:
jenglish27 wrote:
MannaMan wrote:
jenglish27 wrote:I know its Yale and we cut them slack because they're Yale but did anyone else find the "transfer" note at the end of the WL e-mail a little bit off color? Its not offensive or anything, just seems a bit strange considering the tone of the e-mail...


What did it say?


"Should you choose to accept an offer at another institution, please keep in mind that your strong record indicates that you may be a promising candidate for future admission. You may wish to consider applying as a transfer candidate. Each year we accept a number of students who have performed well in their first year of law school. We often find that these transfer students are some of our strongest students. To make the application process as easy as possible, we offer an abbreviated "fast-track" transfer application to individuals who were offered a place on our waitlsit. We would be happy to speak with you next spring if you are interested in exploring this option."

Then instructions on how to let them know if you're interested...now.


LOL


TIM you still floating in the wind?

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:30 am

wert3813 wrote:TIM you still floating in the wind?


ya. Waiting for my ding.

Lets bash Yale at ASW this weekend.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wert3813 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 am

TrustInMusic wrote:
wert3813 wrote:TIM you still floating in the wind?


ya. Waiting for my ding.

Lets bash Yale at ASW this weekend.


I'm never going to let you hear the end of it when you get in tomorrow. Night All. It's been fun.

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edamame » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:44 am

TrustInMusic wrote:
sabanist wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a privilege waiting with you tonight...
Sincere condolences to those who wanted a different decision, and congratulations to those who got the closure they wanted.
Off for some restless sleep before rejoining the party tomorrow 8)


I really hope you get admitted. Your stats rock.


+1

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wert3813 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:48 am

Also interestingly I count 11 WL people in a pool of "less than 100." Course my guess is more than 100 people receive the WL offer and only "less than 100" actually take it.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 am

wert3813 wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:
wert3813 wrote:TIM you still floating in the wind?


ya. Waiting for my ding.

Lets bash Yale at ASW this weekend.


I'm never going to let you hear the end of it when you get in tomorrow. Night All. It's been fun.


Can we make this into a beer bet?

That way I get a beer if I don't get accepted. Win. 8)

wert3813 wrote:Also interestingly I count 11 WL people in a pool of "less than 100." Course my guess is more than 100 people receive the WL offer and only "less than 100" actually take it.


Those sneaky... :x

06162014123
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

.

Postby 06162014123 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 am

.
Last edited by 06162014123 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bluecouch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:23 am

WL. I'll stay on for the moment...

HopefulBulldog
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HopefulBulldog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:37 am

For people who haven't heard, is it as simple as last names in the latter part of the alphabet? anyone who can contradict that?

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:38 am

...Radio silence here. My first and last name are early in the alphabet.

Congratulations to everyone waitlisted!

anela00
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby anela00 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:38 am

Congrats/sorry to the wait lists. And hugs to those who didn't make it. :(

If it's any consolation, I did talk to one of those "fast track transfers" a few days ago. I was considering a full ride at the school she started off at, so she was a great person to talk about the comparison with.

FYI: 215 in the Facebook group. One person was added 5 hours ago (so about 2:30am Eastern time). I can't believe they work so late!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 am

ahhhh MOTM, wert, et all - my brothers my brothers congrats on the WL - top 300 in the world, it is indeed quite an accomplishment to be recognized by YLS. i think admits are out of question at this point for earlier applicants like myself, so hoping for a similar fate today. gluck all!

yukos, sabinist, TIM you alive with me? callme, hopeful, edge, apple? others?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 am

did it go to spam for anybody?

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 am

On the computer super early this morning because of COURSE gmail decides to be wonky on a day like today. I kept getting a weird password error on my phone, but it looks like it's having issues for everyone right now.
In good news, I did manage to get it open for a minute, and I'm still alive for now.

TrustInMusic wrote:I really hope you get admitted. Your stats rock.

Thanks (I want to put an exclamation point here but my keyboard is on the fritz and that's one of the keys that died so just pretend there's one). Good luck to you and everyone else today.

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 am

sabanist wrote:On the computer super early this morning because of COURSE gmail decides to be wonky on a day like today. I kept getting a weird password error on my phone, but it looks like it's having issues for everyone right now.


The only e-mail address that's working for me is the one I gave Yale, so that's.... good. I hope they don't use gmail.

Sending best wishes to everyone waiting :)

HopefulBulldog
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HopefulBulldog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 am

edgeofthenight wrote:
sabanist wrote:On the computer super early this morning because of COURSE gmail decides to be wonky on a day like today. I kept getting a weird password error on my phone, but it looks like it's having issues for everyone right now.


The only e-mail address that's working for me is the one I gave Yale, so that's.... good. I hope they don't use gmail.

Sending best wishes to everyone waiting :)


Oh no! All of Yale is on gmail... they converted a few years back.

Edit: Wait actually don't know for certain, I just remember they were meant to...

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am

HopefulBulldog wrote:
edgeofthenight wrote:
sabanist wrote:On the computer super early this morning because of COURSE gmail decides to be wonky on a day like today. I kept getting a weird password error on my phone, but it looks like it's having issues for everyone right now.


The only e-mail address that's working for me is the one I gave Yale, so that's.... good. I hope they don't use gmail.

Sending best wishes to everyone waiting :)


Oh no! All of Yale is on gmail... they converted a few years back.

Edit: Wait actually don't know for certain, I just remember they were meant to...


Most important question: Is your Yale e-mail working right now?

(Just realized I'm not sure if you were Yale undergrad. ...If you are, is your e-mail working? Carbon?)

HopefulBulldog
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HopefulBulldog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 am

edgeofthenight wrote:
HopefulBulldog wrote:
edgeofthenight wrote:
sabanist wrote:On the computer super early this morning because of COURSE gmail decides to be wonky on a day like today. I kept getting a weird password error on my phone, but it looks like it's having issues for everyone right now.


The only e-mail address that's working for me is the one I gave Yale, so that's.... good. I hope they don't use gmail.

Sending best wishes to everyone waiting :)


Oh no! All of Yale is on gmail... they converted a few years back.

Edit: Wait actually don't know for certain, I just remember they were meant to...


Most important question: Is your Yale e-mail working right now?

(Just realized I'm not sure if you were Yale undergrad. ...If you are, is your e-mail working? Carbon?)


I'm not an undergrad, unfortunately.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 am

edgeofthenight wrote:Most important question: Is your Yale e-mail working right now?

(Just realized I'm not sure if you were Yale undergrad. ...If you are, is your e-mail working? Carbon?)

Reporting for duty! Yeah, my Yale e-mail is working fine, so I don't think YLS should be having any problems on their end right now.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, GoGreen17, KissMyAxe, lawnerd87, Rich Uncle Skeleton, spookyg_g_ghost and 29 guests