Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
socrates88
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby socrates88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:59 pm

So somewhere between 35 and 55 admits left depending on the number of deferrals and current students in the group?

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm

socrates88 wrote:So somewhere between 35 and 55 admits left depending on the number of deferrals and current students in the group?


But how many of these are WLed first? Like 10? So more like 25 to 45 admits... aka 3 to 5 TLS admits

socrates88
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby socrates88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Do you think the recent admits with March submit dates were auto-admits or 12s? Perhaps they're sorting through the 11s now and some of the 11s and 10s will get wl'ed?

HopefulBulldog
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HopefulBulldog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:07 pm

socrates88 wrote:Seems like there's an every other day pattern. Maybe deliberations today, decisions tomorrow?


I wish they would just tell us things like... "Today's out guys, step away from the email...." Sigh. It would be awesome.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 pm

rosietheriveter wrote:
jselson wrote:I applied through quantum time - my application was submitted every moment of every day, and I was up for all possible outcomes, but every time the admissions committee sat down to examine my file, it disappeared. And so while in all other universes I had an infinite number of outcomes, in this one, I could only be dinged.



Are you kurt vonnegut come back from the dead and applying to YLS?

Either way, marry me?


Without stats, I can't commit.

test
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby test » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 pm

So what's assumption now? There are like just a couple spots left and they are like going through all 11s and deciding which few are accepted?

MannaMan
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MannaMan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:16 pm

socrates88 wrote:Do you think the recent admits with March submit dates were auto-admits or 12s? Perhaps they're sorting through the 11s now and some of the 11s and 10s will get wl'ed?


Praying that this is the case. Otherwise it looks like I got passed over.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm

test wrote:So what's assumption now? There are like just a couple spots left and they are like going through all 11s and deciding which few are accepted?


Yeah, man, whatever let's you sleep at night.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 pm

its probably a done deal besides march admits/ wl / rejects

rosietheriveter
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:40 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby rosietheriveter » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:22 pm

jselson wrote:
rosietheriveter wrote:
jselson wrote:I applied through quantum time - my application was submitted every moment of every day, and I was up for all possible outcomes, but every time the admissions committee sat down to examine my file, it disappeared. And so while in all other universes I had an infinite number of outcomes, in this one, I could only be dinged.



Are you kurt vonnegut come back from the dead and applying to YLS?

Either way, marry me?


Without stats, I can't commit.


36-24-36

MannaMan
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MannaMan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Movement on the facebook page in the past couple hours?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Yukos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:42 pm

rosietheriveter wrote:
jselson wrote:
rosietheriveter wrote:
jselson wrote:I applied through quantum time - my application was submitted every moment of every day, and I was up for all possible outcomes, but every time the admissions committee sat down to examine my file, it disappeared. And so while in all other universes I had an infinite number of outcomes, in this one, I could only be dinged.



Are you kurt vonnegut come back from the dead and applying to YLS?

Either way, marry me?


Without stats, I can't commit.


36-24-36


Pics or it didn't happen.

feelingood
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby feelingood » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:43 pm

rosietheriveter wrote:
jselson wrote:
rosietheriveter wrote:
jselson wrote:I applied through quantum time - my application was submitted every moment of every day, and I was up for all possible outcomes, but every time the admissions committee sat down to examine my file, it disappeared. And so while in all other universes I had an infinite number of outcomes, in this one, I could only be dinged.



Are you kurt vonnegut come back from the dead and applying to YLS?

Either way, marry me?


Without stats, I can't commit.


36-24-36


Built like a brick house, perhaps?

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edamame » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:04 pm

MannaMan wrote:Movement on the facebook page in the past couple hours?


207

HopefulBulldog
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HopefulBulldog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm

edamame wrote:
MannaMan wrote:Movement on the facebook page in the past couple hours?


207


Yikes, creeping up.

HopefulBulldog
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HopefulBulldog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:27 pm

I totally wonder if the Admissions Office is taking a break to watch the Yale men's hockey in the Frozen Four... http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/04/1 ... emifinals/

Get it, Yale.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:15 pm

wow 207. i thought today was dead. with WL admits (10-20) we are at about capacity right

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 pm

az21833 wrote:wow 207. i thought today was dead. with WL admits (10-20) we are at about capacity right


They offered admission to 237 people for 2015. So, assume 7 people in group are admissions people/current students and some people don't have Facebook ... 10 more slots?
(blatantly making this up. I have no idea.)

And if anyone wants to feel bad about their accomplishments and despair over your chances of admission, here's the link to 2015's class profile.

HopefulBulldog
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HopefulBulldog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm

edgeofthenight wrote:
az21833 wrote:wow 207. i thought today was dead. with WL admits (10-20) we are at about capacity right


They offered admission to 237 people for 2015. So, assume 7 people in group are admissions people/current students and some people don't have Facebook ... 10 more slots?
(blatantly making this up. I have no idea.)

And if anyone wants to feel bad about their accomplishments and despair over your chances of admission, here's the link to 2015's class profile.


:( Looks like that's about it.

socrates88
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby socrates88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 pm

The YLS class of 2015 group has 252 people. I think we probably have closer to 45 admits left since last year's deferres are inevitably part of that group. Also, not sure waitlist offers are included in the offers extended number.

User avatar
Eli
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Eli » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:32 pm

The YLS class of 2015 group has 252 people. I think we probably have closer to 45 admits left since last year's deferres are inevitably part of that group. Also, not sure waitlist offers are included in the offers extended number.



Good guy Socrates, keeping the hope alive;)

Also, I'm a little confused about where the data from http://yale.lawschoolnumbers.com is coming from. It says the class of 2016 (?) has 255 admits, which is a lot more than the 237/245 listed on Yale's c/o 2015 profile. LSN also says the medians are 176/3.96.. are LSN's numbers off?

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Eli wrote:
The YLS class of 2015 group has 252 people. I think we probably have closer to 45 admits left since last year's deferres are inevitably part of that group. Also, not sure waitlist offers are included in the offers extended number.



Good guy Socrates, keeping the hope alive;)

Also, I'm a little confused about where the data from http://yale.lawschoolnumbers.com is coming from. It says the class of 2016 (?) has 255 admits, which is a lot more than the 237/245 listed on Yale's c/o 2015 profile. LSN also says the medians are 176/3.96.. are LSN's numbers off?


They've been completely unreliable since the site redesign.

socrates88
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby socrates88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 pm

The number of students in the Facebook group will probably more closely approximate the "net admit" figure on the class profile, except be somewhat higher to include people who were admitted this year who decided to defer. These people probably joined the group to get news, updates etc. Anecdotally, I know a few kids from my undergrad who were accepted into the class of 2014 and deferred for a year and are in both the 2014 and 2015 groups.


For the class of 2015, for instance, the net admit number was 245. According to the website," In contrast to the new offers figure, which provides the number of new offers made during the 2011-12 admissions cycle, the net admits number takes into account prior deferrals that are part of the incoming class and deducts new deferrals that will not be part of the incoming class."

socrates88
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby socrates88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:11 pm

I wonder if tomorrow will be the big day or if the decisions will trickle in over the weekend/Monday?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:34 pm

waitlists/dings are imminent




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”