Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
pandamonium13
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pandamonium13 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks for the words of congratulations everyone! And don't lose hope- I submitted in the first week of November.

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 pm

pandamonium13 wrote:Thanks for the words of congratulations everyone! And don't lose hope- I submitted in the first week of November.

YOU ARE A RAY OF SUNSHINE AND I LOVE YOU

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:16 pm

sabanist wrote:
pandamonium13 wrote:Thanks for the words of congratulations everyone! And don't lose hope- I submitted in the first week of November.

YOU ARE A RAY OF SUNSHINE AND I LOVE YOU


OH THANK GOD. CONGRATULATIONS!!

edit: I looked at my phone right after I posted that and saw I had a MISSED CALL FROM A 203 NUMBER.

It was my dad calling from an office number I don't have stored in my phone.

Welp.

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby edamame » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Congratulations! :-)

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sabanist » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:38 pm

I hope my expression of love also included an implied congratulations, but just in case, congrats :lol:

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Just for the record, there's no guaranteed decision by a certain date like the April 1 cutoff for undergrad?

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby domino » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:31 pm

pandamonium13 wrote:IIINNNNN!! Can hardly believe it!


pandamonium ensues!!! congrats!

test
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby test » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 pm

I wish the FB group wasnt made secret so we could see how many people have been accepted now. Panda, you want to fill us in when you get access?

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pacifica » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:24 pm

test wrote:I wish the FB group wasnt made secret so we could see how many people have been accepted now. Panda, you want to fill us in when you get access?


a lot of movement today. 8 new joinings today, bringing total to 136.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 pm

wow 1/8. ouch tls

test
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby test » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Does anyone know if 136 in the FB group is low for this late in the cycle? Considering WL normally comes out the beginning of april, and other year's YLS FB groups are over 200 people, isn't 136 really low?

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pacifica » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:22 pm

test wrote:Does anyone know if 136 in the FB group is low for this late in the cycle? Considering WL normally comes out the beginning of april, and other year's YLS FB groups are over 200 people, isn't 136 really low?


haha, I have a feeling that curiosities like this are probably the reason they made the fb group secret. I'm guessing more than one person had emailed/called them asking about the application status using the fb count as "evidence" for their presumed delay.

I mean, they did start the application a month later than last year, so it seems like a lot of slots are still not taken. Off the top of my head, I believe there are at least 4 admins, 2 upper classmen, and 4 deferrals who have outted themselves as such in the fb group, bringing the true total even lower. (Feel free to correct me, I'm sure I missed some more.)

So if anything, the low total # should make you feel better, not worse.

test
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby test » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 am

so was monday's acceptances this week's yield or will more be coming?

feelingood
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby feelingood » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:30 pm

ATTN People:

Now is the time to make random guesses about when the bloodbath is coming. Based on the last few years and the added curve ball of this Sunday being Easter Sunday, I'm predicting an April fools day wave of rejections the likes of which have never been seen.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 pm

feelingood wrote:ATTN People:

Now is the time to make random guesses about when the bloodbath is coming. Based on the last few years and the added curve ball of this Sunday being Easter Sunday, I'm predicting an April fools day wave of rejections the likes of which have never been seen.


Yeah it's pretty unbelievable that there has only been one batch of rejections and march is almost over. The next batch of rejections is going to be absolutely massive

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 pm

feelingood wrote:ATTN People:

Now is the time to make random guesses about when the bloodbath is coming. Based on the last few years and the added curve ball of this Sunday being Easter Sunday, I'm predicting an April fools day wave of rejections the likes of which have never been seen.


This Friday, March 29th.

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bosmer88 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
feelingood wrote:ATTN People:

Now is the time to make random guesses about when the bloodbath is coming. Based on the last few years and the added curve ball of this Sunday being Easter Sunday, I'm predicting an April fools day wave of rejections the likes of which have never been seen.


This Friday, March 29th.


I think it is going to be Friday too.

06162014123
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

.

Postby 06162014123 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:00 am

.
Last edited by 06162014123 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bluecouch » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 am

RedShift wrote:
bosmer88 wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
feelingood wrote:ATTN People:

Now is the time to make random guesses about when the bloodbath is coming. Based on the last few years and the added curve ball of this Sunday being Easter Sunday, I'm predicting an April fools day wave of rejections the likes of which have never been seen.


This Friday, March 29th.


I think it is going to be Friday too.

I hope it is. I need this glimmer of hope to be snuffed out finally


+1

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 am

really hopin i get rejected friday. not feeling the waitlist.

User avatar
Jcastro1
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jcastro1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:06 pm

won't the admissions office be closed tomorrow? Maybe the bloodbath will happen...today :o

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Jcastro1 wrote:won't the admissions office be closed tomorrow? Maybe the bloodbath will happen...today :o


Porque?

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Jcastro1 wrote:won't the admissions office be closed tomorrow? Maybe the bloodbath will happen...today :o


Porque?


Good Friday

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby callmemaybe84 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:35 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Jcastro1 wrote:won't the admissions office be closed tomorrow? Maybe the bloodbath will happen...today :o


Porque?


Good Friday


There's a nice potential irony here.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:46 pm

callmemaybe84 wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Jcastro1 wrote:won't the admissions office be closed tomorrow? Maybe the bloodbath will happen...today :o


Porque?


Good Friday


There's a nice potential irony here.


:lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 9 guests