DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crazyducky924
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby crazyducky924 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Po0329 wrote:Just withdraw as well. 15k/year and another open spot for anyone still waiting to hear back.


+1

User avatar
patienunderstanding
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby patienunderstanding » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:43 pm

crazyducky924 wrote:
Po0329 wrote:Just withdraw as well. 15k/year and another open spot for anyone still waiting to hear back.


+1

+2

IvyLeagueRedneck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby IvyLeagueRedneck » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:46 pm

withdrew because of the new rankings. freed up 20k per year. best of luck to all

wfudeacons2005
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:14 pm

IvyLeagueRedneck wrote:withdrew because of the new rankings. freed up 20k per year. best of luck to all


that is a terrible reason to withdraw.

Username123
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Username123 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:40 pm

wfudeacons2005 wrote:
IvyLeagueRedneck wrote:withdrew because of the new rankings. freed up 20k per year. best of luck to all


that is a terrible reason to withdraw.

IvyLeagueRedneck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby IvyLeagueRedneck » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:11 am

my apologies; was on the verge of withdrawing, and the new rankings put me over. best of luck to all

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby teiswei » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Withdrew with $75,000 best of luck to those waiting or on the WL.

BruinsBU
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BruinsBU » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Stuck on WL. Not sure what else I can do!! Does anyone know when people will start coming off the waitlist??

Username123
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Username123 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm

BruinsBU wrote:Stuck on WL. Not sure what else I can do!! Does anyone know when people will start coming off the waitlist??


Well I just withdrew with $45,000 so I hope you get it!

BruinsBU
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BruinsBU » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:
BruinsBU wrote:Stuck on WL. Not sure what else I can do!! Does anyone know when people will start coming off the waitlist??


Well I just withdrew with $45,000 so I hope you get it!


I would love to get a seat let alone any money. When is the deposit deadline? Anyone know?

lawlassy
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lawlassy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:52 pm

BruinsBU wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:
BruinsBU wrote:Stuck on WL. Not sure what else I can do!! Does anyone know when people will start coming off the waitlist??


Well I just withdrew with $45,000 so I hope you get it!


I would love to get a seat let alone any money. When is the deposit deadline? Anyone know?




I was just at the Depaul tour a few weeks ago. They are starting to look at the waitlist right now. Two have already come off according to LSN. It's killing me as well. Dying to get a seat!!!

lawlassy
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lawlassy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:00 pm

I think deposits are due April 15th. But they have also extended applications for fall till April 1, so who knows right now.

User avatar
WichitaShocker
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 am

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WichitaShocker » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:07 pm

In today via Email, waiting on packet for scholly info, has anyone had any stips on their schollys? My biggest concern with DePaul are the rumors of section stacking.


Complete 3/16
3.29/156
Strong Softs

BruinsBU
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BruinsBU » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:47 pm

WichitaShocker wrote:In today via Email, waiting on packet for scholly info, has anyone had any stips on their schollys? My biggest concern with DePaul are the rumors of section stacking.


Complete 3/16
3.29/156
Strong Softs


What do you mean section stacking?

criminaltheory
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby criminaltheory » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 am

BruinsBU wrote:
WichitaShocker wrote:In today via Email, waiting on packet for scholly info, has anyone had any stips on their schollys? My biggest concern with DePaul are the rumors of section stacking.


Complete 3/16
3.29/156
Strong Softs


What do you mean section stacking?


Stacking - putting the kids with scholarships into the same section so that they are competing for GPA (because of the curve), and so some kids getting nice looking schollys are guaranteed to lose them.

Doesn't seem like DePaul has had any stips this year.

User avatar
WichitaShocker
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 am

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WichitaShocker » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 am

criminaltheory wrote:
BruinsBU wrote:
WichitaShocker wrote:In today via Email, waiting on packet for scholly info, has anyone had any stips on their schollys? My biggest concern with DePaul are the rumors of section stacking.


Complete 3/16
3.29/156
Strong Softs


What do you mean section stacking?


Stacking - putting the kids with scholarships into the same section so that they are competing for GPA (because of the curve), and so some kids getting nice looking schollys are guaranteed to lose them.

Doesn't seem like DePaul has had any stips this year.


Thank you, hearing this makes DePaul more competitive.

buckeyegirl2013
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby buckeyegirl2013 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm

To withdraw, do I just send them an email or is there a form on their website?

BruinsBU
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BruinsBU » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:57 pm

Does anyone have an idea when the next batch of acceptances are going out?

Peonage
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:58 am

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Peonage » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:10 am

I have no idea when the next batch will be going out. It has to be soon. Tuition deposits are due 4/17 I believe so they have to start letting everyone know. I'll be there this fall(barring a miracle acceptance somewhere else) so good luck to all those still waiting!

User avatar
WichitaShocker
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 am

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WichitaShocker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Does anyone know if DePaul negotiates scholarships? I'm in at 15k a year, and have gotten better offers from higher ranked schools.

Po0329
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Po0329 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:53 pm

No one on here has had any luck in the same situation. You could still try, though.

BruinsBU
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BruinsBU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Peonage wrote:I have no idea when the next batch will be going out. It has to be soon. Tuition deposits are due 4/17 I believe so they have to start letting everyone know. I'll be there this fall(barring a miracle acceptance somewhere else) so good luck to all those still waiting!


Hopefully I'll be able to say the same for next fall. Im getting super antsy at this point.

lawlassy
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lawlassy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:18 pm

BruinsBU wrote:
Peonage wrote:I have no idea when the next batch will be going out. It has to be soon. Tuition deposits are due 4/17 I believe so they have to start letting everyone know. I'll be there this fall(barring a miracle acceptance somewhere else) so good luck to all those still waiting!


Hopefully I'll be able to say the same for next fall. Im getting super antsy at this point.



Have you heard anything?

BruinsBU
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BruinsBU » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:28 am

lawlassy wrote:
BruinsBU wrote:
Peonage wrote:I have no idea when the next batch will be going out. It has to be soon. Tuition deposits are due 4/17 I believe so they have to start letting everyone know. I'll be there this fall(barring a miracle acceptance somewhere else) so good luck to all those still waiting!


Hopefully I'll be able to say the same for next fall. Im getting super antsy at this point.



Have you heard anything?


Nope. Still nothing. Deposits are due today so I am hoping that I could get a call/email soon. But who knows how many are depositing. I've got my deposit money ready just in case. Are you waiting as well?

lawlassy
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: DePaul c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lawlassy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 pm

BruinsBU wrote:
lawlassy wrote:
BruinsBU wrote:
Peonage wrote:I have no idea when the next batch will be going out. It has to be soon. Tuition deposits are due 4/17 I believe so they have to start letting everyone know. I'll be there this fall(barring a miracle acceptance somewhere else) so good luck to all those still waiting!


Hopefully I'll be able to say the same for next fall. Im getting super antsy at this point.



Have you heard anything?


Nope. Still nothing. Deposits are due today so I am hoping that I could get a call/email soon. But who knows how many are depositing. I've got my deposit money ready just in case. Are you waiting as well?


Yes! Super antsy as well. I already put in a deposit at another school but hopefully we will hear back soon and can send a deposit to DePaul.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, amberb94, fscow1022, Google Adsense [Bot], JosefK, Motionsinlemons and 22 guests