University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Yasy13
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 am

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Yasy13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Had to BUMP this!

June 1 deadline passed! Anyone send in a deposit or get off the waitlist?

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:33 am

Withdrew last week and put 40K/year back in the pot. Best of luck to those still on the WL!

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby toshiroh » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Got accepted and offered a 60K scholarship. Don't know if I'm accepting. I'm confused lol :? :?

Yasy13
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 am

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Yasy13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:56 am

Anyone hear back? I posted this somewhere else but I'm trying to figure out how to write an email asking if they will be reviewing their wait list at all and if there is a time frame I can expect...how can I do this politely?/ should it even be done? It's already mid-July....

mystikal
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 am

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby mystikal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:17 pm

You can call 305-284-2795 and speak to a rep about your application


Yasy13 wrote:Anyone hear back? I posted this somewhere else but I'm trying to figure out how to write an email asking if they will be reviewing their wait list at all and if there is a time frame I can expect...how can I do this politely?/ should it even be done? It's already mid-July....

jnegron9
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby jnegron9 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Has anyone else been admitted off the waitlist?

Yasy13
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 am

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Yasy13 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:19 pm

jnegron9 wrote:Has anyone else been admitted off the waitlist?


I'm still waiting too. End of July already...=/

User avatar
eEche
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby eEche » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Yasy13 wrote:
jnegron9 wrote:Has anyone else been admitted off the waitlist?


I'm still waiting too. End of July already...=/



Same here. Apparently they update the wait list every Friday. I'm expecting a wave of acceptances/denials to come this week.

User avatar
Young Marino
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Young Marino » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Quick question about the Miami Scholars Program.. I am a reverse splitter (3.8/154) but noticed the questions on the application deal with public service experience. I have been heavily involved in my local government (advisory board secretary, mayoral assistant) since the beginning of the year so I expect to answer these questions adequately and I am also anticipating a strong LOR from the mayor to attach to the application. I also interned on the Obama campaign from August to November and got a picture with him (I know probably won't do much) lol.. Any hope I get into the program?

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby itachiuchiha » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:52 pm

ALeal90 wrote:Quick question about the Miami Scholars Program.. I am a reverse splitter (3.8/154) but noticed the questions on the application deal with public service experience. I have been heavily involved in my local government (advisory board secretary, mayoral assistant) since the beginning of the year so I expect to answer these questions adequately and I am also anticipating a strong LOR from the mayor to attach to the application. I also interned on the Obama campaign from August to November and got a picture with him (I know probably won't do much) lol.. Any hope I get into the program?


I have a pic of me and selena gomez, i hope that helps me too

Yasy13
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 am

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Yasy13 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 am

The status checker on myum just disappeared for me? I'm guessing bad sign....this happen to anyone else?

User avatar
eEche
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: University of Miami Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby eEche » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Same here. Anyone call or email to get an update?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”