Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Pokedude1013 wrote:Just got in with 3.47 and 165, got 38k.

I think I'll be staying in NOLA for law school then at this rate

Hello everybody, let's be friends. Are there other TULS threads on TLS or some other way of getting to know everyone?


Just out of curiosity, did you apply anywhere else? Tulane is only giving u 38k for your numbers? Is that per year? Because if it isn't you are being low balled like crazy.

Pokedude1013
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Pokedude1013 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Oh yeah that's per year. I guess I should have mentioned that

the only other place I applied higher ranked than Tulane is Fordham (I have family in NY) and they didn't give me as much money as I would have liked

elliejoon
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby elliejoon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:36 am

Pokedude1013 wrote:Just got in with 3.47 and 165, got 38k.

I think I'll be staying in NOLA for law school then at this rate

Hello everybody, let's be friends. Are there other TULS threads on TLS or some other way of getting to know everyone?


not sure if there are any other threads, but there's a C/O 2016 facebook group?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 am

just got an email from Tulane asking me to complete a survey as to why I declined admissions with them. I filled to the T and left my info. I wonder if they will get back to me as I gave ample information and reasons to why I decided against Tulane.

User avatar
ArchieHicox
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby ArchieHicox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:45 am

JayJones78 wrote:just got an email from Tulane asking me to complete a survey as to why I declined admissions with them. I filled to the T and left my info. I wonder if they will get back to me as I gave ample information and reasons to why I decided against Tulane.


Same survey email too. They asked about TLS and LawSchoolNumbers haha

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am

ha-ri wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:just got an email from Tulane asking me to complete a survey as to why I declined admissions with them. I filled to the T and left my info. I wonder if they will get back to me as I gave ample information and reasons to why I decided against Tulane.


Same survey email too. They asked about TLS and LawSchoolNumbers haha


yup. and I wrote the truth in every answer. we'll see if they respond..

User avatar
ArchieHicox
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby ArchieHicox » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am

I wouldn't expect a response. Its probably just a data collection thing... like looking at the total results. What did people like/not like. Who did applicants choose over us type situation. Why would they waste time/effort contacting someone who declined admission, when they still have to finalize their current class?

FWIW, I answered honestly, but I wasn't out to slam anyone. Tulane was all in all fair to me. Only real advice I had was they should update their website.... looks circa 2003.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:41 am

Just paid my full seat deposit.

If anyone is interested in getting a roommate starting in August, PM and we can work out the details. I'll be looking for something within walking distance or easy access to the street car.

smashndash
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby smashndash » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:26 pm

1st deposit down :D

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:03 am

smashndash wrote:1st deposit down :D


Congrats.

Come join us if you have not already:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/437176653025888/

Tulane Law C/O 2016

_empower
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby _empower » Sun May 05, 2013 11:45 am

Finally received a wait list email. The survey they send asks if you would attend without scholarship money, or how much you would need to be offered to attend? Being on the wait list doesn't seem like the place for strategy, but is there a better way of responding to this?

User avatar
billiris321
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby billiris321 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:54 am

_empower wrote:Finally received a wait list email. The survey they send asks if you would attend without scholarship money, or how much you would need to be offered to attend? Being on the wait list doesn't seem like the place for strategy, but is there a better way of responding to this?


That depends on what your numbers are, if you actually want to attend and the extent to which you're willing to pay sticker for Tulane. If your numbers are on the lower end of the scale, I suggest you tell them you would be willing to attend with no scholly. You can always negotiate after you've been admitted.

_empower
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby _empower » Mon May 06, 2013 10:17 am

billiris321 wrote:
_empower wrote:Finally received a wait list email. The survey they send asks if you would attend without scholarship money, or how much you would need to be offered to attend? Being on the wait list doesn't seem like the place for strategy, but is there a better way of responding to this?


That depends on what your numbers are, if you actually want to attend and the extent to which you're willing to pay sticker for Tulane. If your numbers are on the lower end of the scale, I suggest you tell them you would be willing to attend with no scholly. You can always negotiate after you've been admitted.



Thanks!!

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby dextermorgan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Just to give you guys a heads up, a lot has changed with admissions in the past year (oh how I wish I would have waited). That is probably he reason that you have received surveys depending on your status.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Wed May 08, 2013 1:31 am

_empower wrote:
billiris321 wrote:
_empower wrote:Finally received a wait list email. The survey they send asks if you would attend without scholarship money, or how much you would need to be offered to attend? Being on the wait list doesn't seem like the place for strategy, but is there a better way of responding to this?


That depends on what your numbers are, if you actually want to attend and the extent to which you're willing to pay sticker for Tulane. If your numbers are on the lower end of the scale, I suggest you tell them you would be willing to attend with no scholly. You can always negotiate after you've been admitted.



Thanks!!


Let us know how it goes! If you show that you're committed and not just fishing for leverage, I am sure you can negotiate afterwards as billiris321 said. Hope you can join us.

michaeljhn4
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby michaeljhn4 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:08 am

I still have not heard a thing from tulane. at this point should i just assume i didnt get in?

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 am

michaeljhn4 wrote:I still have not heard a thing from tulane. at this point should i just assume i didnt get in?


They took about four months to say something to me. When did you apply?

michaeljhn4
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby michaeljhn4 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:17 am

Right around 4 months ago. Late January I believe.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Wed May 22, 2013 1:20 am

michaeljhn4 wrote:Right around 4 months ago. Late January I believe.


I applied mid-January. Did you send a letter of continued interest?

Also, if you PM me your stats I could probably give you a better idea.

robertd34
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby robertd34 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello all, I am new to this and currently in Limbo with the entire law school decision making process. My number 1 choice is Tulane considering the prestige of its sports law program and Professor Feldman. I am currently waitlisted at South Carolina, Florida, Florida State, and Tulane... has anyone noticed any more movement since the last post? my stats are not as strong as I hope but I have a solid background.... 4 year college football player-- Poli Sci major and English/Writing composition major 3.54 GPA (3.69 in major) but a lousy 148 on LSAT :/ currently working for IMG Academy. Can anyone help??

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:02 pm

robertd34 wrote:Hello all, I am new to this and currently in Limbo with the entire law school decision making process. My number 1 choice is Tulane considering the prestige of its sports law program and Professor Feldman. I am currently waitlisted at South Carolina, Florida, Florida State, and Tulane... has anyone noticed any more movement since the last post? my stats are not as strong as I hope but I have a solid background.... 4 year college football player-- Poli Sci major and English/Writing composition major 3.54 GPA (3.69 in major) but a lousy 148 on LSAT :/ currently working for IMG Academy. Can anyone help??


Your background really won't help compensate for your LSAT. How many times have you taken the LSAT? If you still have some retakes left, I would sit out a year and study and retake. If you do get into any of the schools you listed, you're likely going to be paying sticker, which is not worth it for any of those schools. If you score in the low 160s+ you'll likely be looking at a good sized scholarship from Tulane.

robertd34
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby robertd34 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 pm

That is actually what I've been considering... I have only taken the LSAT once. I'll just have to wait and see Thank you

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:33 pm

robertd34 wrote:That is actually what I've been considering... I have only taken the LSAT once. I'll just have to wait and see Thank you


Anytime. There's no shame in sitting out a cycle, law school will always be there. I'd suggest cracking down with the Manhattan books and study as much as possible and take it two more times. If you can break the 160s you'll be so grateful that you sat out and have better options and cheaper prices.

Jakescott
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:49 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby Jakescott » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm

Any updates or thoughts on Tulane's waitlist? Got an email from them a couple weeks ago saying that they were going to make offers but no updates since. Should I just expect a no at this point ?

charrfarr2
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby charrfarr2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:43 pm

I got Waitlisted at Tulane last week too. 3.56 GPA, 151 LSAT. I realize my LSAT was well below their average so I'm glad to have not gotten rejected. I haven't received this "survey" you are all talking about. Anyone know my chances on this one or what?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anrf1225, canafsa, Giro423, Google Adsense [Bot], jjcorvino, joezze, jtn123, Keilz, longsh0305, mccracal, mm2368, Sawtooth, Smc1994, texteach, ThorB, townizm and 31 guests