Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby nba101790 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 am

cooldude87 wrote:TTTTulane should not be attended unless one has a full ride


You must be a delight to sit next to at dinner parties.

cooldude87
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby cooldude87 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:36 am

nba101790 wrote:
cooldude87 wrote:TTTTulane should not be attended unless one has a full ride


You must be a delight to sit next to at dinner parties.


just stating the facts

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=tulane

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:33 pm

In with $20K/year :)

lambert8
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby lambert8 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 pm

congrats what were your #'s?

elliejoon
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby elliejoon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:08 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:In with $20K/year :)


congrats! :)

midwestbest
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby midwestbest » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Does anyone know if Tulane students get free passes for the bus line/trolly ? At a few other schools I have visited they were included in tuition, but I havent seen anything like that for Tulane

lambert8
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby lambert8 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Don't think so for the trolley however I know Tulane runs a shuttle service. Check it out on their website...it seems to stop at every where you would need to go

geauxtigers2009
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby geauxtigers2009 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

midwestbest wrote:Does anyone know if Tulane students get free passes for the bus line/trolly ? At a few other schools I have visited they were included in tuition, but I havent seen anything like that for Tulane


No they don't for the streetcar, its $1.25 to ride it I think. But yes Tulane does run a shuttle all around campus and through the Uptown to an extent.

nedzilla
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby nedzilla » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm

went to Tulane undergrad. they do not pay for the street car, but it is $1.25 a ride. not the most dependable (especially at night), but during the day its alright for a casual ride if your not all the way downtown. i took it to/from work often, and after I graduated and lived more in the garden district i would take it to the Tulane library to study for the LSAT and such, its cheap.

there is a Tulane transport service that runs small shuttle buses uptown/downtown and other various places, never really used it to be honest, always had a roommate with a car or lived within walking distance of campus, but it is there and definitely used.

New Orleans is an amazing amazing place, but public transportation is definitely not it's strong-suit. bike, walk, carpool depending on where you live IMHO.

nolabreeze
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby nolabreeze » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:55 am

I agree, the streetcars (at least when I used to take them) were never really dependent. I don't even know if there's a timetable they're supposed to run on but often then would clump up and you'd get 2 or 3 streetcars in a row.

nedzilla
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby nedzilla » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:12 pm

just got in with $25k/yr! and so the tables have turned.

User avatar
ArchieHicox
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby ArchieHicox » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:21 pm

In with 28k/yr

elliejoon
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby elliejoon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:17 am

Going down to New Orleans to visit the weekend of the 4th (since I can't make the ASW). So excited!!

NoMistakes
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby NoMistakes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:56 pm

status date updated to 3/25...any other movement?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Just sent an email requesting scholly after being offered sticker. Was very frank and pretty much said that there is no chance I will attend tulane without merit-based aid.

I wonder what I'll hear.

NoMistakes
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby NoMistakes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:15 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Just sent an email requesting scholly after being offered sticker. Was very frank and pretty much said that there is no chance I will attend tulane without merit-based aid.

I wonder what I'll hear.



lets us know what they say...I am curious as well

and how were you notified? status checker, email, or snail?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 pm

NoMistakes wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Just sent an email requesting scholly after being offered sticker. Was very frank and pretty much said that there is no chance I will attend tulane without merit-based aid.

I wonder what I'll hear.



lets us know what they say...I am curious as well

and how were you notified? status checker, email, or snail?


They always send scholly with acceptence. When it didnt state anything I called and emailed to verify that they are indeed wanting me to pay sticker, which will never happen in a million years.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
NoMistakes wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Just sent an email requesting scholly after being offered sticker. Was very frank and pretty much said that there is no chance I will attend tulane without merit-based aid.

I wonder what I'll hear.



lets us know what they say...I am curious as well

and how were you notified? status checker, email, or snail?


They always send scholly with acceptence. When it didnt state anything I called and emailed to verify that they are indeed wanting me to pay sticker, which will never happen in a million years.


Got a response! That was fast!
Recived an email from asst dean of admission (the email was forwarded to her) asking me how much was I thinking. Replied back that I don't have a number in mind but that I will not attend if the cost is close to near close the tuition. Honestly I'm surprised by how fast they got back to me!!

elliejoon
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby elliejoon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:06 pm

What are your numbers, if you don't mind me asking??

User avatar
ns101
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 3:26 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby ns101 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Just withdrew. Hope the seat and 30k/yr scholarship help out some of you on the waitlist!

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby togepi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 am

I haven't even been waitlisted. I sent a LOCI and they instantly said they added it to my file. I really wish they would make a decision already. I've been complete since January.

User avatar
billiris321
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby billiris321 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:55 am

togepi wrote:I haven't even been waitlisted. I sent a LOCI and they instantly said they added it to my file. I really wish they would make a decision already. I've been complete since January.


Sounds like they've wait listed you. They probably planned on sending out a generic wait list email to applicants. I would just call them to confirm.

BBB
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby BBB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 am

E
Last edited by BBB on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:03 pm

BBB wrote:I sent in an email asking for an increased scholarship and it worked. I accidentally sent it to the Financial Aid Office when it's really the Office of Admissions that handles it. The Assistant Dean of Admissions got back to me and asked how much I was looking for. I drew up a lot of tables showing their Cost of Attendance and then explained how long and how much a month I wanted to pay after graduation. I'm planning on doing Public Service so I'm trying to keep this number as low as possible especially considering their median Public Service salary for post-grads. I asked for an additional $10,000/year, planning on them responding with a lesser offer but they emailed me about 3 days later giving me the whole amount I asked for. I'm definitely going to attend now that the tuition is so low.

For reference I had a 3.0/165


Nice. I am still waiting them to let me know a potential upping from sticker to something. How much did they initially offer you?

lambert8
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Tulane Law Applicants 2012-2013 Cycle

Postby lambert8 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:19 pm

BBB, were you originally offered anything or no?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chasima, csess, finaciardi, genjustice, glockov, hoy456, itshandled, lillawyer2, malysh, mcvizz and 20 guests