BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 pm

did anyone receive scholarship mail?

User avatar
rufus&miles
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rufus&miles » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm

maxmartin wrote:did anyone receive scholarship mail?


They aren't supposed to start letting us know about scholarships until February, so hopefully soon.

User avatar
Greyhound42
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Greyhound42 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:00 pm

I got into BU today, but I'm still waiting on BC. Because of their similar profiles, would it be reasonable to assume I now have a good chance here? From what I've seen these Boston schools have been a little more enigmatic and odd this cycle -- I could just be over-analyzing things, though.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Greyhound42 wrote:I got into BU today, but I'm still waiting on BC. Because of their similar profiles, would it be reasonable to assume I now have a good chance here? From what I've seen these Boston schools have been a little more enigmatic and odd this cycle -- I could just be over-analyzing things, though.

BC is definitely more holistic.

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Posted in the BU thread but booked my flight from Feb 21-24... Gonna do BU on 21, BC on 22 and then party it up/Sam Adams on Saturday, any TLS'ers want to meet up?

User avatar
Greyhound42
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Greyhound42 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:25 pm

AlanShore wrote:
Greyhound42 wrote:I got into BU today, but I'm still waiting on BC. Because of their similar profiles, would it be reasonable to assume I now have a good chance here? From what I've seen these Boston schools have been a little more enigmatic and odd this cycle -- I could just be over-analyzing things, though.

BC is definitely more holistic.


Now I'm not sure if that helps or hurts me haha, but thanks for the answer :)

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Been complete since 12/27/12, not once under review. Given that some people have submitted after my date and been accepted, I have concluded that they don't want to review me! :( I really just want to hear back from BC and Notre Dame! Hate suspense!

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby UMich11 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Been complete since 12/27/12, not once under review. Given that some people have submitted after my date and been accepted, I have concluded that they don't want to review me! :( I really just want to hear back from BC and Notre Dame! Hate suspense!


FWIW i submitted around 12/12 and didn't go under review until 1/18. Hold on a bit longer and ride it out. I'm still on my first complete at BU so who knows what is happening there but it'll be two months in 2 weeks at BU.

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm

anteater1 wrote:Posted in the BU thread but booked my flight from Feb 21-24... Gonna do BU on 21, BC on 22 and then party it up/Sam Adams on Saturday, any TLS'ers want to meet up?


I'm not going to be around during that time, but check out the Harpoon Brewery, too. They are about to open a "Beer Hall"(http://www.boston.com/business/news/201 ... story.html)

I'm going try to go this weekend.

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 pm

skri65 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Posted in the BU thread but booked my flight from Feb 21-24... Gonna do BU on 21, BC on 22 and then party it up/Sam Adams on Saturday, any TLS'ers want to meet up?


I'm not going to be around during that time, but check out the Harpoon Brewery, too. They are about to open a "Beer Hall"(http://www.boston.com/business/news/201 ... story.html)

I'm going try to go this weekend.


definitely on my list. thanks bro.

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 pm

UMich11 wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:Been complete since 12/27/12, not once under review. Given that some people have submitted after my date and been accepted, I have concluded that they don't want to review me! :( I really just want to hear back from BC and Notre Dame! Hate suspense!


FWIW i submitted around 12/12 and didn't go under review until 1/18. Hold on a bit longer and ride it out. I'm still on my first complete at BU so who knows what is happening there but it'll be two months in 2 weeks at BU.


That makes me feel a little better. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to hear back from schools until February the earliest, but having received two acceptances I got stoked and want the rest to just come in!!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh bc, why tease me with a public interest email?

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5693
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Easy-E » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm

AlanShore wrote:Oh bc, why tease me with a public interest email?


Goddamnit BC you know I only have private interests. My private.




Wait what

Johnny1607
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Johnny1607 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm

AlanShore wrote:Oh bc, why tease me with a public interest email?


+1

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Johnny1607 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:Oh bc, why tease me with a public interest email?


+1


+1
I just want to see my status as UR. Why is it taking so long?? BC I really like you but please move me along the process.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Just got the public interest email

User avatar
ClaireyMary
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ClaireyMary » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 pm

So cruel

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 pm

How long did it take for most people to be UR?
I'm complete since 1/2/13

bluegreen
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bluegreen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:34 pm

JayJones78 wrote:How long did it take for most people to be UR?
I'm complete since 1/2/13


Im UR but my status date hasnt changed since early Dec. Submitted late Nov...

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 pm

bluegreen wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:How long did it take for most people to be UR?
I'm complete since 1/2/13


Im UR but my status date hasnt changed since early Dec. Submitted late Nov...


I see. But it definitely changed from complete to UR?

andygreen12
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby andygreen12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm

I received my acceptance via email yesterday! My numbers are 163, 3.9. I applied way back in early October, put on hold in December, and finally got in in late January/almost February. Everyone just keep the faith, I know that is what helped me when I thought BC had forgot about me. Good luck to you all, I hope you guys get in!

mittz
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mittz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

AlanShore wrote:Oh bc, why tease me with a public interest email?



I had a heart attack when I saw the @bc on my email. Thanks for the disappointment BC.

bluegreen
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bluegreen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:54 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
bluegreen wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:How long did it take for most people to be UR?
I'm complete since 1/2/13


Im UR but my status date hasnt changed since early Dec. Submitted late Nov...


I see. But it definitely changed from complete to UR?


Actually since it was so long ago, I can't confirm whether it was at Complete first..sorry.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

bluegreen wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
bluegreen wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:How long did it take for most people to be UR?
I'm complete since 1/2/13


Im UR but my status date hasnt changed since early Dec. Submitted late Nov...


I see. But it definitely changed from complete to UR?


Actually since it was so long ago, I can't confirm whether it was at Complete first..sorry.


All good. Thanks!

User avatar
b123
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby b123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:40 pm

JayJones78 wrote:How long did it take for most people to be UR?
I'm complete since 1/2/13


Uh, like a month and a half, I think. (I submitted mid-late November)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], brinicolec, lawnerd87, Long shot hero, mike90018, Purple Post It Note and 17 guests