BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:32 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
FranielMcbrodude wrote:Has anyone else's 'decision rendered' update read
A decision has been made on your application to Boston College Law School by the Admissions Committee. A decision letter will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service within 3 days from the Decision Status Date and will be sent to your PERMANENT address. If a decision is made after January 15, 2013, the Decision letter was mailed to your current address.


If not, I'm thinking I was rejected...



Crap. Mine just says

A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School. Decisions will be sent via e-mail.

Best,

Boston College Law School
Admissions Office


BC is weird this cycle so far in being able to predict what means what. Good luck!

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:54 pm

JesusChrist wrote:Oh shit, status just changed within the last 30 minutes from UR 12/6 to "Decision Rendered" 1/17


WTF? It just changed back to UR 1/17!

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:54 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:Oh shit, status just changed within the last 30 minutes from UR 12/6 to "Decision Rendered" 1/17


WTF? It just changed back to UR 1/17!



:shock:

User avatar
gatorfan163287
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorfan163287 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:58 pm

JesusChrist wrote:Crap. Mine just says

A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School. Decisions will be sent via e-mail.

Best,

Boston College Law School
Admissions Office


Mine said that as well and I was rejected. I hope you get a better decision though and are accepted! Good Luck!!

Granfalloon12
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Granfalloon12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:03 pm

No "Decision Rendered," but mine just updated to "Under Review" again (about time, I submitted way back in early November...). Commence: neurotic status-checking.

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:04 pm

gatorfan163287 wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:Crap. Mine just says

A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School. Decisions will be sent via e-mail.

Best,

Boston College Law School
Admissions Office


Mine said that as well and I was rejected. I hope you get a better decision though and are accepted! Good Luck!!


Well then I'm glad my status changed back then. Maybe I"m being reconsidered lol

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby andy261 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:Crap. Mine just says

A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School. Decisions will be sent via e-mail.

Best,

Boston College Law School
Admissions Office


Mine said that as well and I was rejected. I hope you get a better decision though and are accepted! Good Luck!!


Well then I'm glad my status changed back then. Maybe I"m being reconsidered lol


Same thing happened to me, feel like we just dodged a bullet there. Hopefully means we're getting a second chance!

User avatar
BlazersTime
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlazersTime » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 pm

I applied beginning of november and mine also changed to UR 1/17. First update in a LONG time. Since 12/18 I think
Last edited by BlazersTime on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 pm

I know this is your hopes of dreams and here, but this is kind of comical in a dark way. DR back to UR!?! Major BC troll.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Don't know if I was victim to the DR earlier... but I have a 1/17 under review update right now. This is my first update since early December.

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 pm

I also just got UR updated to 1/17. Was at UR 11/28.

Not sure what it means, but hopefully acceptance soon.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby LRGhost » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:54 pm

In today by email. I believe I went complete at the end of November, maybe around the 23rd?

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:28 pm

dproduct wrote:Don't know if I was victim to the DR earlier... but I have a 1/17 under review update right now. This is my first update since early December.


Likewise.

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby KingsCup » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:42 pm

anteater1 wrote:
dproduct wrote:Don't know if I was victim to the DR earlier... but I have a 1/17 under review update right now. This is my first update since early December.


Likewise.


same, its nice seeing some movement

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:Crap. Mine just says

A decision has been rendered on your application to Boston College Law School. Decisions will be sent via e-mail.

Best,

Boston College Law School
Admissions Office


Mine said that as well and I was rejected. I hope you get a better decision though and are accepted! Good Luck!!


Well then I'm glad my status changed back then. Maybe I"m being reconsidered lol


I had the exact same experience...

DR back to UR in like half an hour...

What's going on here BC?!! :shock:

lydonjc
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby lydonjc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Does anyone have any idea how long these "under review" periods typically last before a decision is made? ............Anyone with any experience in this department?

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm

I was initially UR for a month, which resulted in a hold decision. My second under review period lasted a few days before I got my final decision. I think there is no standard answer for this. With that said, most people who submitted early November have heard by now it seems, while it is far more variable with people who submitted late November. This is all based on impression, though.

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby UMich11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:58 pm

It's odd, but i applied to BU and BC in early december and i am still sitting at Complete, Date hasn't changed since it went complete 12/12-12/13. anyone else have this? Reason for concern or is it nothing?

KingsCup
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby KingsCup » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 pm

UMich11 wrote:It's odd, but i applied to BU and BC in early december and i am still sitting at Complete, Date hasn't changed since it went complete 12/12-12/13. anyone else have this? Reason for concern or is it nothing?


Thats how it was for me as well, just went under review at one and had my application stay at complete but had a status change at the other. both movements happened yesterday

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby UMich11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 pm

bgoodrick wrote:
UMich11 wrote:It's odd, but i applied to BU and BC in early december and i am still sitting at Complete, Date hasn't changed since it went complete 12/12-12/13. anyone else have this? Reason for concern or is it nothing?


Thats how it was for me as well, just went under review at one and had my application stay at complete but had a status change at the other. both movements happened yesterday


I spoke too soon. I checked at 5Am and it was all the same, but just 5 min ago BC changed to under review. BU is still the same.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Was held in Dec. Handed in a loci today. Still my first choice!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Hoping to hear some good news from BC soon. If I get a similar scholarship to people with 166's last year, I'm fairly certain I'll be moving to MA in the fall. Show me some love :)

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 am

dproduct wrote:Hoping to hear some good news from BC soon. If I get a similar scholarship to people with 166's last year, I'm fairly certain I'll be moving to MA in the fall. Show me some love :)


166ers got money you say?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 am

JesusChrist wrote:
dproduct wrote:Hoping to hear some good news from BC soon. If I get a similar scholarship to people with 166's last year, I'm fairly certain I'll be moving to MA in the fall. Show me some love :)


166ers got money you say?


Indeed. Looks like a handful received 25k a year.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 am

Who was held in Decembe and still waiting?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bing [Bot], BruiseWillis, Google Adsense [Bot], Helioze, JoshLyman13, Long shot hero, PDX4343, potterotter, Snowjon, tlsfan13 and 23 guests