BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 am

it seems BC released decisions starting mid dec last year (12/13 to be exact based on LSN). Does anyone know if they do it via email, snail mail or phone?

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Easy-E » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:25 am

Checking in, sending app in today. 3.1 169, looks like I'm above median LSAT but as usual, below GPA. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Might be worth mentioning, when I requested a fee waiver I also received "someone will contact you shortly" e-mail, and I received the waiver about a week later.

User avatar
cgaffney09
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby cgaffney09 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:40 pm

AlanShore wrote:Does anyone know if they do it via email, snail mail or phone?


Based on last year's thread, it seems like they do it via email and snail mail with accepted students receiving emails and snail mail and rejections only getting snail mail. I'm not sure if this will be the same this year, but that's just what I remember reading last year.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby uconjak » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Quick Questions....GOT a june LSAT score of 164, LSAC 3.84. Major Econ, PoliSci. I would like to apply to BC, Iowa and a couple of other schools, but I also want to apply to GULC and Stanford. I am retaking in Dec. hoping for a +170. Is their a way to apply to BC and NOT apply to those schools Through LSAC?

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby danitt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm

uconjak wrote:Quick Questions....GOT a june LSAT score of 164, LSAC 3.84. Major Econ, PoliSci. I would like to apply to BC, Iowa and a couple of other schools, but I also want to apply to GULC and Stanford. I am retaking in Dec. hoping for a +170. Is their a way to apply to BC and NOT apply to those schools Through LSAC?

Just submit to BC and don't submit to the other schools?

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 pm

.
Last edited by skri65 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gspiel1232
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gspiel1232 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Checking in!

167, 3.23.

Obviously a splitter...how do people like my odds?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

skri65 wrote:Checking in. 3.61/164. Anyone have thought on my chances?

50/50

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 pm

AlanShore wrote:
skri65 wrote:Checking in. 3.61/164. Anyone have thought on my chances?

50/50

actually, better than that i think

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 pm

gspiel1232 wrote:Checking in!

167, 3.23.

Obviously a splitter...how do people like my odds?

hmmm.... that gpa is a bit low... they tend to like gpas, it seems. but you definitely have a shot

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby stillwater » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 pm

AlanShore wrote:
gspiel1232 wrote:Checking in!

167, 3.23.

Obviously a splitter...how do people like my odds?

hmmm.... that gpa is a bit low... they tend to like gpas, it seems. but you definitely have a shot


Got in last year with worse with good money!

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 pm

AlanShore wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
skri65 wrote:Checking in. 3.61/164. Anyone have thought on my chances?

50/50

actually, better than that i think


I'm so confused. I'm exactly at median, why should I have a better chance than 50/50?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby stillwater » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:02 pm

skri65 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
skri65 wrote:Checking in. 3.61/164. Anyone have thought on my chances?

50/50

actually, better than that i think


I'm so confused. I'm exactly at median, why should I have a better chance than 50/50?


Maintenance brah.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Checking in with a 3.1/166. Not loving my chances, but we'll see!

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Gisney » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Checking in! Submitted tonight. Here is hoping for a great cycle guys :)

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Did you guys write the optional essays? Worth it?

enigmabk
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby enigmabk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 pm

stillwater wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
gspiel1232 wrote:Checking in!

167, 3.23.

Obviously a splitter...how do people like my odds?

hmmm.... that gpa is a bit low... they tend to like gpas, it seems. but you definitely have a shot


Got in last year with worse with good money!



#s?

User avatar
orbbs
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby orbbs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Also checking in. Went complete around 2 weeks ago and hoping to see some decisions later this month!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 am

Checking in. 3.5/166. Hope to send in full application tomorrow. Here's hoping I get some Eagle love.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Sent app in last night. 3.61, 161. I can dig BC. 8)

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:40 pm

AlanShore wrote:
skri65 wrote:Checking in. 3.61/164. Anyone have thought on my chances?

50/50


Yah, we'll I'm hoping to get lucky if medians don't decline.

Granfalloon12
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Granfalloon12 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Would love to go to BC (didn't get in there undergrad, but loved the school), but not sure what my chances are with 168/3.06... definitely worth an app though, right? Here's to hoping for a fee waiver, as well!

gspiel1232
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gspiel1232 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Edit:double post
Last edited by gspiel1232 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Anyone else go through the BC Waiting Thread from last year? Everyone on here always says this is a number game, but I was absolutely shocked by the number of people in that thread above both medians that were waitlisted. Anyone have any guesses as to why these waitlists/rejections occurred? BC seems incredibly unpredictable. My stats are exactly median, but looking at that thread, I'd be surprised if I got in.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Gisney » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm

skri65 wrote:Anyone else go through the BC Waiting Thread from last year? Everyone on here always says this is a number game, but I was absolutely shocked by the number of people in that thread above both medians that were waitlisted. Anyone have any guesses as to why these waitlists/rejections occurred? BC seems incredibly unpredictable. My stats are exactly median, but looking at that thread, I'd be surprised if I got in.



Have not really looked into BC particularly but usually when a school waitlists people above both medians it is a case of Yield Protecting.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cloture, Lawl_Schoolz, lawnerd87, spookyg_g_ghost and 26 guests