BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby UMich11 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:00 pm

ME->GA08 wrote:I've been under review for about a month now, and I just sent an email that says something to the effect of: "Any guess when I'll find out? Deadlines are coming up and I would like to have all possible information at my disposal."

I urge you all to do the same thing. Unless I get dinged. :)


It does say they can take up to 12 weeks from the date of completion before you hear. Just be forewarned they may tell you that. It's what they told me as well.

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 pm

b123 wrote:Has anyone asked for a deadline extension? Is that even possible? (I wasn't given a scholarship until a lot later)


Curious as well. Does anyone have information on this?

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby uconjak » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:23 pm

I have not heard from TWO schools, BC and NYU. what's Up with that. I expect a Ding at NYU. NOt a word from BC. what is the hold up? anyone?

bigfootseattle
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bigfootseattle » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:38 pm

uconjak wrote:I have not heard from TWO schools, BC and NYU. what's Up with that. I expect a Ding at NYU. NOt a word from BC. what is the hold up? anyone?


BC is only one I haven't heard from. My last update on the status checker was 3/25 and I had asked the week before when a decision will be rendered. I went complete on 2/6, so I'm still within their timetable or whatever. My guess is that BC just doesn't know what to expect from the cycle. Over on the W&M page here someone posted that W&M put 1000 people on the waitlist (I don't know how accurate this is). If BC is just as uncertain as W&M, we could be waiting awhile...... :|

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Debating whether or not to put down my seat deposit at BC. I got a full ride to Seton Hall and I'm from NJ but I'm biglaw or bust so it's not an option. I'm essentially on four T14 WL's (Mich, Duke, Cornell, G'Town) and I'm still waiting on hold status from NU and Columbia.

Should I just put down my first deposit before Monday? I really don't think that BC at sticker is the risk that TLS makes it out to be. I'm fairly confident that top 40% will get it done for biglaw at BC these days and that's somewhat comparable to lower T14 placement anyway.


Anyone else on the fence about putting their deposit down? Mind helping me out on this decision? :P

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:51 pm

DaRascal wrote:Debating whether or not to put down my seat deposit at BC. I got a full ride to Seton Hall and I'm from NJ but I'm biglaw or bust so it's not an option. I'm essentially on four T14 WL's (Mich, Duke, Cornell, G'Town) and I'm still waiting on hold status from NU and Columbia.

Should I just put down my first deposit before Monday? I really don't think that BC at sticker is the risk that TLS makes it out to be. I'm fairly confident that top 40% will get it done for biglaw at BC these days and that's somewhat comparable to lower T14 placement anyway.


Anyone else on the fence about putting their deposit down? Mind helping me out on this decision? :P


why not put down the seat deposit to keep a spot? If other T14 pull you off the wait list then say goodbye to BC. It is not a tough decision at all.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 pm

maxmartin wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Debating whether or not to put down my seat deposit at BC. I got a full ride to Seton Hall and I'm from NJ but I'm biglaw or bust so it's not an option. I'm essentially on four T14 WL's (Mich, Duke, Cornell, G'Town) and I'm still waiting on hold status from NU and Columbia.

Should I just put down my first deposit before Monday? I really don't think that BC at sticker is the risk that TLS makes it out to be. I'm fairly confident that top 40% will get it done for biglaw at BC these days and that's somewhat comparable to lower T14 placement anyway.


Anyone else on the fence about putting their deposit down? Mind helping me out on this decision? :P


why not put down the seat deposit to keep a spot? If other T14 pull you off the wait list then say goodbye to BC. It is not a tough decision at all.


That was the plan until everyone on here made it seem like BC at sticker would leave me broken and destitute three years from now. :P

K, putting my seat deposit down.

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 pm

DaRascal wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Debating whether or not to put down my seat deposit at BC. I got a full ride to Seton Hall and I'm from NJ but I'm biglaw or bust so it's not an option. I'm essentially on four T14 WL's (Mich, Duke, Cornell, G'Town) and I'm still waiting on hold status from NU and Columbia.

Should I just put down my first deposit before Monday? I really don't think that BC at sticker is the risk that TLS makes it out to be. I'm fairly confident that top 40% will get it done for biglaw at BC these days and that's somewhat comparable to lower T14 placement anyway.


Anyone else on the fence about putting their deposit down? Mind helping me out on this decision? :P


why not put down the seat deposit to keep a spot? If other T14 pull you off the wait list then say goodbye to BC. It is not a tough decision at all.


That was the plan until everyone on here made it seem like BC at sticker would leave me broken and destitute three years from now. :P

K, putting my seat deposit down.


worry about sticker of BC later if you did not get off any other waitlist. It is not like you have to go to BC after paying deposit. You are only paying to keep a spot, I don't see you have any other better options now, so the decision should be easy and simple to your original question "Should I just put down my first deposit before Monday?"

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 pm

DaRascal, how is it that you are on four T-14 waitlists yet you didn't get any scholarship money from BC? Other than Seton Hall, do you have any offers you can use to negotiate with them?

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Tremendous wrote:DaRascal, how is it that you are on four T-14 waitlists yet you didn't get any scholarship money from BC? Other than Seton Hall, do you have any offers you can use to negotiate with them?


Bad luck lol. My numbers are modest 3.54/161 (URM) so that could be why but I thought I'd get at least a little something from BC. Nope that's the only offer I can use to negotiate with them. Don't think it'll be a successful negotiation. 8)

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:19 pm

DaRascal wrote:
Tremendous wrote:DaRascal, how is it that you are on four T-14 waitlists yet you didn't get any scholarship money from BC? Other than Seton Hall, do you have any offers you can use to negotiate with them?


Bad luck lol. My numbers are modest 3.54/161 (URM) so that could be why but I thought I'd get at least a little something from BC. Nope that's the only offer I can use to negotiate with them. Don't think it'll be a successful negotiation. 8)


it is not uncommon for waitlister pull off the waitlist with big bucks, good luck!

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby DaRascal » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

maxmartin wrote: it is not uncommon for waitlister pull off the waitlist with big bucks, good luck!


...
Are you sure about that one?
Thanks!

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm

DaRascal wrote:
maxmartin wrote: it is not uncommon for waitlister pull off the waitlist with big bucks, good luck!


...
Are you sure about that one?
Thanks!


I definitely think it's possible, but probably more likely if you got into one of your waitlist schools and then used that to leverage BC for money.

But then again if you got into one of those schools, unless you're crazy set on Boston/Massachusetts, it would probably be a mistake to go to BC.

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Tremendous wrote:
DaRascal wrote:
maxmartin wrote: it is not uncommon for waitlister pull off the waitlist with big bucks, good luck!


...
Are you sure about that one?
Thanks!


I definitely think it's possible, but probably more likely if you got into one of your waitlist schools and then used that to leverage BC for money.

But then again if you got into one of those schools, unless you're crazy set on Boston/Massachusetts, it would probably be a mistake to go to BC.


even if he did not get any money from his waitlist, on the face value I would rather pay sticker to Mich, Duke, Cornell, G'Town. So by depositing at BC, he has nothing to lose.

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:28 pm

finally heard on scholarship info, looks like it might be time for that seat deposit :D

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 pm

TUICE wrote:finally heard on scholarship info, looks like it might be time for that seat deposit :D


Fuck I'm still waiting. It's really going to come down to the wire, I've tried calling and emailing with no luck.

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:33 pm

anteater1 wrote:
TUICE wrote:finally heard on scholarship info, looks like it might be time for that seat deposit :D


Fuck I'm still waiting. It's really going to come down to the wire, I've tried calling and emailing with no luck.


I emailed them last week, but they made no reference to that in the email i just got. so, I honestly cant say if that expedited the process at all. hopefully, you'll hear by the end of the week. I understand your plight tho, i all but wrote of Bc and BU until about an hour or 2 ago.

floydthebarber518
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby floydthebarber518 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 pm

.
Last edited by floydthebarber518 on Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:56 pm

floydthebarber518 wrote:
TUICE wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
TUICE wrote:finally heard on scholarship info, looks like it might be time for that seat deposit :D


Fuck I'm still waiting. It's really going to come down to the wire, I've tried calling and emailing with no luck.


I emailed them last week, but they made no reference to that in the email i just got. so, I honestly cant say if that expedited the process at all. hopefully, you'll hear by the end of the week. I understand your plight tho, i all but wrote of Bc and BU until about an hour or 2 ago.


I just heard on 25k/year as well. I emailed them only last night. Don't know if my emailing them did anything or coincidental. No reference in email.


well thanks guys, I'm just gonna go ahead and off myself :lol:

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby WanderingPondering » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:10 am

Deposit is in...see you cool cats this fall!

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:06 pm

$22k/year, going to be a tough decision now.

question7
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby question7 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:12 pm

that's not bad, congrats - how did they communicate the award to you? email - did you get it over the phone? log in??? please tell, still waiting here.....

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 pm

question7 wrote:that's not bad, congrats - how did they communicate the award to you? email - did you get it over the phone? log in??? please tell, still waiting here.....


I called and they said they would have an email for me in an hour or two.

question7
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby question7 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:20 pm

good for you! called yesterday and they said call again Friday - at least I can get it over the phone then.... or so they say

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:27 pm

anteater1 wrote:$22k/year, going to be a tough decision now.



I knew they'd send you something eventually man




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rapmasterg and 7 guests