BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LRGhost

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby LRGhost » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
pcjudge wrote:My last status update was UR on 1/23. I've been complete since 12/14. More than 13 weeks. I sent them an e-mail today asking them what's up.

The confusing thing is that I'm not at all a long shot, I'm at or above their medians.

Let us know! I'm considering writing an e-mail to, or a preemptive LOCI! Though at this point, I kinda want to hold off on a LOCI in case I actually get WLed.

Do it anyway and send another if the WL comes.

mehh

Postby mehh » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 pm

Does this mean that BC is not releasing any decisions today?

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 pm

LRGhost wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:
pcjudge wrote:My last status update was UR on 1/23. I've been complete since 12/14. More than 13 weeks. I sent them an e-mail today asking them what's up.

The confusing thing is that I'm not at all a long shot, I'm at or above their medians.

Let us know! I'm considering writing an e-mail to, or a preemptive LOCI! Though at this point, I kinda want to hold off on a LOCI in case I actually get WLed.

It will be almost identical though--replace "in regards to your lack of decision" with "in regards to your waitlist decision," lulz. I actually have a professional update since I submitted my application but other than that, I think it would be redundant, which is why I've held off :? thoughts?

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:47 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
gatorgirl2012 wrote:

It will be almost identical though--replace "in regards to your lack of decision" with "in regards to your waitlist decision," lulz. I actually have a professional update since I submitted my application but other than that, I think it would be redundant, which is why I've held off :? thoughts?

I would send one, and if you get WLed, find more stuff to talk about, man.

ClaireyMary

Postby ClaireyMary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Drafting a negotiation letter, tempted to take inspiration from The Office:

Micheal Scott: Micheal Scott calling for David - Well, just tell him to call me asap as possible.
Dwight: Oh Micheal, no, come on you have to charm em [Dials phone]
Receptionist: David Wallace's office
Dwight: Hey there gorgeous, how are you doing today?
Receptionist I'm good thank you
Dwight How's it hanging?
Receptionist: Alright..
Dwight: Hey listen my name is Michael... Scotch. And I just wanted to say that I’ve got David Wallace’s son in the trunk of my car and if he doesn't get on this phone in 5 second-
Micheal Scott: No no no you idiot what are you doing? God! Oh my God! [redials]
Micheal Scott: Hi Stephanie It's Micheal Scott again, I just spoke with Micheal Scotch and the son is going to be returned, everything's fine, and I really really need to talk to David.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:07 pm

ClaireyMary wrote:Drafting a negotiation letter, tempted to take inspiration from The Office:

Micheal Scott: Micheal Scott calling for David - Well, just tell him to call me asap as possible.
Dwight: Oh Micheal, no, come on you have to charm em [Dials phone]
Receptionist: David Wallace's office
Dwight: Hey there gorgeous, how are you doing today?
Receptionist I'm good thank you
Dwight How's it hanging?
Receptionist: Alright..
Dwight: Hey listen my name is Michael... Scotch. And I just wanted to say that I’ve got David Wallace’s son in the trunk of my car and if he doesn't get on this phone in 5 second-
Micheal Scott: No no no you idiot what are you doing? God! Oh my God! [redials]
Micheal Scott: Hi Stephanie It's Micheal Scott again, I just spoke with Micheal Scotch and the son is going to be returned, everything's fine, and I really really need to talk to David.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Inconceivable!

Postby Inconceivable! » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:23 pm

I wish I had money to use for those sure-to-be successful negotiation tactics from Michael Scott.

Seriously though, BC make some more decisions and send out some money. (They just moved to second place in my school choice due to their inefficiency in this process)

sdmelzer

Postby sdmelzer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Waitlisted just now. Mildly surprised.

ironbmike

Postby ironbmike » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Sorry to hear. Looks like BC is starting to pick up the pace though?

gatorgirl2012

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:29 pm

ironbmike wrote:Sorry to hear. Looks like BC is starting to pick up the pace though?

Don't hold your breath lol though really, deposits are due in less than a month....

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:52 pm

What's the typical wait for a response from BC? 3-4 days?

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Sorry to hear. Looks like BC is starting to pick up the pace though?

Sure, only if its a snail's pace. (This poster applied back in November.) :)

TUICE

Postby TUICE » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:13 pm

this question is probably ridiculous given the mysterious nature of BC admissions, but how long after acceptance can I expect some scholarship information?

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:30 pm

TUICE wrote:this question is probably ridiculous given the mysterious nature of BC admissions, but how long after acceptance can I expect some scholarship information?

I've been waiting over a month.

Tremendous

Postby Tremendous » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 pm

dproduct wrote:
TUICE wrote:this question is probably ridiculous given the mysterious nature of BC admissions, but how long after acceptance can I expect some scholarship information?

I got accepted in late January and got my scholarship notice last Friday afternoon.

That said, first deposit deadline is in like 3 weeks so you're bound to hear sometime soon.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Tremendous wrote:
dproduct wrote:

I got accepted in late January and got my scholarship notice last Friday afternoon.

That said, first deposit deadline is in like 3 weeks so you're bound to hear sometime soon.

I hope so. I'll be at ASD this Saturday. So I'm hoping that and an email may put a little pep in their step.

WanderingPondering

Postby WanderingPondering » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Does BC negotiate? Hat "peer" schools are they likely to match?

Of the following, what offer would be the best (besides BU I guess)? Worst?

BU, ND, Fordham,W&L,WASHU, Emory, GW

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:Does BC negotiate? Hat "peer" schools are they likely to match?

When I send out my scholarship negotiation emails I list my best offers/cheapest COA.

XXX Law School - $XX,XXX a year | $XX,XXX yearly tuition | Stipulation if any.
XXX Law School - $XX,XXX a year | $XX,XXX yearly tuition | Stipulation if any.
XXX Law School – $XX,XXX a year | $XX,XXX yearly tuition | Stipulation if any.

Tremendous

Postby Tremendous » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:01 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:Does BC negotiate? Hat "peer" schools are they likely to match?

Yeah, they definitely negotiate. Heard many people talk about getting their initial offers increased, sometimes by quite a bit.

Not sure what you are asking with the second question. I'm sure BU and BC compete over a lot of students interested in Boston, so if they like you they might be willing to bump your offer up a little more to steal you away from the other school.

But in general, since these are all peer schools, I highly doubt they have some weird tendency to like...match GW's schollies and not Emory ones, or something.

TUICE

Postby TUICE » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 pm

dproduct wrote:
Tremendous wrote:
dproduct wrote:

I hope so. I'll be at ASD this Saturday. So I'm hoping that and an email may put a little pep in their step.

Thanks guys. I'm cautiously optimistic to hear sometime before the end of march but who knows.

drinion

Postby drinion » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 pm

dproduct wrote:
Tremendous wrote:
dproduct wrote:

I visited W&M last month, and I would have considered BC's ASD this weekend, but I haven't gotten a single word on scholarship money, so I'm going back down to Williamsburg this weekend for their ASW. If BC wants to remain competitive with their peer schools, they really need to speed up their application/admission process.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm

I'm not in at BC but I just got an email from them about attending a law symposium. Did anyone else get this email?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 pm

JesusChrist wrote:I'm not in at BC but I just got an email from them about attending a law symposium. Did anyone else get this email?

I got it but I am in

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:36 pm

AlanShore wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:I'm not in at BC but I just got an email from them about attending a law symposium. Did anyone else get this email?

I got it but I am in

Hopefully this means I"m in off of the WL. Maybe I should take the opportunity to send another LOCI lol. My last LOCI was sent in 2 days before my WL decision.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”