BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:57 pm

uconjak wrote:Hell i am at the 75% in both Gpa and lsat, yet no acceptance yet?


When did u apply? BC takes its time. I applied in early Jan, UR 2/2, accepted 4/1, scholly 4/20 (awesome day for more than 1 reason, lol). Hang in there! You have great #s.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 am

PinkLotus wrote:
uconjak wrote:Hell i am at the 75% in both Gpa and lsat, yet no acceptance yet?


When did u apply? BC takes its time. I applied in early Jan, UR 2/2, accepted 4/1, scholly 4/20 (awesome day for more than 1 reason, lol). Hang in there! You have great #s.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 am

AlanShore wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
uconjak wrote:Hell i am at the 75% in both Gpa and lsat, yet no acceptance yet?


When did u apply? BC takes its time. I applied in early Jan, UR 2/2, accepted 4/1, scholly 4/20 (awesome day for more than 1 reason, lol). Hang in there! You have great #s.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Not suggesting anything, lol. Worried about dat C&F. :wink:

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 am

PinkLotus wrote:
uconjak wrote:Hell i am at the 75% in both Gpa and lsat, yet no acceptance yet?


When did u apply? BC takes its time. I applied in early Jan, UR 2/2, accepted 4/1, scholly 4/20 (awesome day for more than 1 reason, lol). Hang in there! You have great #s.


Whoa so you were offered a scholly after putting down a deposit?? You negotiated right??

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 am

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
uconjak wrote:Hell i am at the 75% in both Gpa and lsat, yet no acceptance yet?


When did u apply? BC takes its time. I applied in early Jan, UR 2/2, accepted 4/1, scholly 4/20 (awesome day for more than 1 reason, lol). Hang in there! You have great #s.


Whoa so you were offered a scholly after putting down a deposit?? You negotiated right??


I found out that I was sticker-pwned in mid-April, and immediately drafted a scholly negotiation letter which I emailed to the Dean of Admissions along with scans of my offers from peer schools, namely W&M and ND. They got back to me with a scholly on 4/20. The next day, I visited campus and handed in the deposit in person (deposit due date was 4/25).

This is a weird cycle with the recent nosedive in apps, so perhaps reverse splitters with #s like mine may actually get $ from the beginning.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 am

please more scholarships this week!

User avatar
ClaireyMary
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ClaireyMary » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 am

AlanShore wrote:please more scholarships this week!


+ 1

I attended ASD on the 22nd and really, really, really liked the sense of community at BC!

djlmjs22
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby djlmjs22 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 am

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby nba101790 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 am

djlmjs22 wrote:Just waitlisted, applied 12/6, updated 1/18, haven't been checking since Feb. A little surpised


Numbers?

djlmjs22
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby djlmjs22 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 am

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:01 pm

djlmjs22 wrote:164 3.93
It's been a strange cycle for me


I'm sorry. :| BC is kind of a black box compared to the other T30s. I foresee a lot more movement on the WL thanks to the nosedive in apps. A visit and a thoughtful LOCI can go a long way if you really want BC.

Oh, and Reverse Splittas REPRESENT! :mrgreen:

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Anyone has any opinion on BC Vs. W&L?
(No scholly at both for discussion purposes)
Looking to practice around the east coast, no real preference on location

User avatar
Homelandsagreatshow
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Homelandsagreatshow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Anyone has any opinion on BC Vs. W&L?
(No scholly at both for discussion purposes)
Looking to practice around the east coast, no real preference on location


BC's in a large secondary market close to NYC. Hence, WAY WAY more opportunities from my POV.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm

The W&L campus is very beautiful, but also very isolated and thus not everyone's cup of tea. Also, if you're interested in working in BigLaw, BC is far better despite the similarity in ranking (read: NLJ 250 rankings).

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 pm

PinkLotus wrote:The W&L campus is very beautiful, but also very isolated and thus not everyone's cup of tea. Also, if you're interested in working in BigLaw, BC is far better despite the similarity in ranking (read: NLJ 250 rankings).


Not co concerned with the isolation. For me it's even an adventege for W&L
How accessible are BC alums in your experience?

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:33 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:The W&L campus is very beautiful, but also very isolated and thus not everyone's cup of tea. Also, if you're interested in working in BigLaw, BC is far better despite the similarity in ranking (read: NLJ 250 rankings).


Not co concerned with the isolation. For me it's even an adventege for W&L
How accessible are BC alums in your experience?


Very much so. I combed thru the alumni directory on Agora and contacted alums in my home market that are doing the sort of work that I am interested in. The Philly BC Law alum network is fantastic--everyone I've been in touch with has been incredibly friendly and helpful, and I've set up phone convos, lunch dates, etc. In fact, I got my summer gig thru an alum, who interviewed me over the phone and offered me the position on the spot! :mrgreen: Legal eagles reallllly take care of their own, so use that to your full advantage should u choose BC.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:The W&L campus is very beautiful, but also very isolated and thus not everyone's cup of tea. Also, if you're interested in working in BigLaw, BC is far better despite the similarity in ranking (read: NLJ 250 rankings).


Not co concerned with the isolation. For me it's even an adventege for W&L
How accessible are BC alums in your experience?


Very much so. I combed thru the alumni directory on Agora and contacted alums in my home market that are doing the sort of work that I am interested in. The Philly BC Law alum network is fantastic--everyone I've been in touch with has been incredibly friendly and helpful, and I've set up phone convos, lunch dates, etc. In fact, I got my summer gig thru an alum, who interviewed me over the phone and offered me the position on the spot! :mrgreen: Legal eagles reallllly take care of their own, so use that to your full advantage should u choose BC.



I'm asking because my visit in W&L got me to believe that this is very much the same over there. We had over 20 alums from different years (70s to 2000s) and all the current students I talked to had similar praises as yours to their exprience with alums.
I am still waiting for a BC decision but it'll be a very hard battle for me if I get accepted to BC

User avatar
Inconceivable!
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Inconceivable! » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Admitted! :D

Submit/Complete 12/10, UR1 1/18, UR2 2/21

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:Admitted! :D

Submit/Complete 12/10, UR1 1/18, UR2 2/21

woohoo!!!!! congrats!

mk3167
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mk3167 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:14 pm

AlanShore wrote:
mk3167 wrote:
mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Yeah, this isn't true. I'm 3.68/165 and I got $84k. Applied Mid-December.

when was your admit date?


Admitted in the beginning of Feb (Sorry, I'm really horrible with all these dates. I applied to way too many schools)

I had some good softs, but it still seems like a lot of money. Good luck to everyone!

sergiokun16
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby sergiokun16 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Rejected today. 158/3.7, certainly doesn't come as a shock.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby uconjak » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm

In as of 9am central...168/3.9, no word on scholly

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 pm

uconjak wrote:In as of 9am central...168/3.9, no word on scholly


Congrats! I foresee a full ride, or something close to it.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:53 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
uconjak wrote:In as of 9am central...168/3.9, no word on scholly


Congrats! I foresee a full ride, or something close to it.

Does bc give full rides? Also congrats uconjak

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby boblawlob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Weird question but I'm still complete and with no decision rendered. But under fees, they have listed "first deposit" and "second deposit" with 0.00 for both columns of "Amount Due" and "Amount Paid." The "Date Due" column is empty.

What does this mean? Does anyone who is still stuck on "complete" have the same thing as I do?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”