BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm

mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Hmm, alright.

Well, I won't start freaking out yet.

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Tremendous wrote:
mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Hmm, alright.

Well, I won't start freaking out yet.


not really, I think majority of people who received scholarship today are admitted early in Jan, if you are admitted in feb, I am sure the money letter will come later

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:03 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Tremendous wrote:
mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Hmm, alright.

Well, I won't start freaking out yet.


not really, I think majority of people who received scholarship today are admitted early in Jan, if you are admitted in feb, I am sure the money letter will come later


I was admitted toward the end of January.

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Tremendous wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Tremendous wrote:
mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Hmm, alright.

Well, I won't start freaking out yet.


not really, I think majority of people who received scholarship today are admitted early in Jan, if you are admitted in feb, I am sure the money letter will come later


I was admitted toward the end of January.


it will come later, most people today are Jan 3, 4 admitted

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 pm

I was accepted early January and my LSAT is above the 75th and I didn't hear today. Now I'm starting to worry. Here's to another wave tomorrow!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 pm

ks2499 wrote:I was accepted early January and my LSAT is above the 75th and I didn't hear today. Now I'm starting to worry. Here's to another wave tomorrow!

Yes would love that.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:19 pm

AlanShore wrote:
ks2499 wrote:I was accepted early January and my LSAT is above the 75th and I didn't hear today. Now I'm starting to worry. Here's to another wave tomorrow!

Yes would love that.

User avatar
sdmelzer
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby sdmelzer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Hey guys, when is the admitted students weekend/day? Trying to plan a schedule assuming I get an admit thrown my way.

diver88
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby diver88 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:21 am

admitted 12/10
scholarship 2/28
$90,000!! woo hoo!!

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 pm

So is anyone's heart set on BC now that scholly info has been released?

And for those who got nothing but received offers from peer schools, feel free to PM me for a negotiation letter. Friends don't let friends pay sticker (even though I do think sticker at BC is not objectively a terrible idea like most of TLS--just depends on your goals).

mh33
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mh33 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:12 pm

I imagine BC will be sending out more scholarships over the next few weeks. How close to the deposit deadline should we hold out for scholarship info before negotiating? I will be satisfied as long as they match what I received from BU.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 pm

mh33 wrote:I imagine BC will be sending out more scholarships over the next few weeks. How close to the deposit deadline should we hold out for scholarship info before negotiating? I will be satisfied as long as they match what I received from BU.

Same!

If I don't hear anything by end of next week I might email them.

User avatar
rufus&miles
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rufus&miles » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:42 pm

I am 99% sure I will be at BC next year!! Super excited I made a decision!!

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:56 pm

rufus&miles wrote:I am 99% sure I will be at BC next year!! Super excited I made a decision!!


Congrats! You interested in IP stuff?

User avatar
rufus&miles
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rufus&miles » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:30 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
rufus&miles wrote:I am 99% sure I will be at BC next year!! Super excited I made a decision!!


Congrats! You interested in IP stuff?


Yeah I met Joeseph Liu at the open house, he seemed great. It was nice to be able to talk to someone who studies in the field I'm interested in. Plus, all of the people I've spoken with just seem amazing.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:27 am

Guys I had a dream that BC waitlisted my scholarship. In the dream, I got the email and came on here and everyone was talking about how they were on the waitlist for a scholarship. That combined with another bad dream is the reason I'm up at 6am Sunday morning. # issues hahahhaahaha

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:17 am

AlanShore wrote:Guys I had a dream that BC waitlisted my scholarship. In the dream, I got the email and came on here and everyone was talking about how they were on the waitlist for a scholarship. That combined with another bad dream is the reason I'm up at 6am Sunday morning. # issues hahahhaahaha


Hoping for more scholarship waves from BC this week! :wink:

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 am

rufus&miles wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
rufus&miles wrote:I am 99% sure I will be at BC next year!! Super excited I made a decision!!


Congrats! You interested in IP stuff?


Yeah I met Joeseph Liu at the open house, he seemed great. It was nice to be able to talk to someone who studies in the field I'm interested in. Plus, all of the people I've spoken with just seem amazing.


Liu is an amazing professor and lovely person. It's a shame he no longer teaches Property.

Glad to see that BC is showing more splitter love. I've noticed that the splitters tend to be engineering majors...you folks have to deal with a rough curve way before 1HELL!

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BCLS » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 am

I had liu for IP-- very good course. Pm me with questions. I also have a beast outline I made for that class

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Big Dog » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:28 pm

come on BC, show some movement on the Jan apps..... :cry:

mk3167
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mk3167 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:56 pm

mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Yeah, this isn't true. I'm 3.68/165 and I got $84k. Applied Mid-December.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:29 pm

mk3167 wrote:
mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Yeah, this isn't true. I'm 3.68/165 and I got $84k. Applied Mid-December.


Congrats! You give us hope... :wink:

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:05 pm

mk3167 wrote:
mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Yeah, this isn't true. I'm 3.68/165 and I got $84k. Applied Mid-December.

when was your admit date?

mh33
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mh33 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 pm

mk3167 wrote:
mh33 wrote:Everyone who received scholarships today seems to be above 75th LSAT based on checking out profiles.


Yeah, this isn't true. I'm 3.68/165 and I got $84k. Applied Mid-December.


Nice. Definitely has me feeling positive that the $15k/yr from BU will get matched!

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby uconjak » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Hell i am at the 75% in both Gpa and lsat, yet no acceptance yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Long shot hero, michelekfla, ohgosh, smashbash and 15 guests