BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 am

anteater1 @ the schools that waitlisted him. :lol:

Image

Go get 'em. Your buddies in section 3 at BC are rooting for you!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 am

rufus&miles wrote:I am completely in love with BC since my visit last Friday, I'm just hoping they can offer me some money so I can go!!

same!

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:28 am

PinkLotus wrote:anteater1 @ the schools that waitlisted him. :lol:

Go get 'em. Your buddies in section 3 at BC are rooting for you!


Truth: Coffee almost came out of my nose at work thanks to this. This would be even more boss if it were a honey badger! haha Really, much love to the rest of the frustrated applicant pool AND to BC students--y'all are some of the coolest on this forum!

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:10 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:anteater1 @ the schools that waitlisted him. :lol:

Go get 'em. Your buddies in section 3 at BC are rooting for you!


Truth: Coffee almost came out of my nose at work thanks to this. This would be even more boss if it were a honey badger! haha Really, much love to the rest of the frustrated applicant pool AND to BC students--y'all are some of the coolest on this forum!


Aww, thanks, that was sweet of you to say! <3 Hope u choose BC.

User avatar
Inconceivable!
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Inconceivable! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Has there been any application movement in weeks? I feel like there have been no accepts/WL/dings or anything in awhile.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby md22 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:Has there been any application movement in weeks? I feel like there have been no accepts/WL/dings or anything in awhile.


My status checker updated to "in review" on 2/25th after a month of being complete...slowwww

User avatar
boomlawyered
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby boomlawyered » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:20 pm

md22 wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:Has there been any application movement in weeks? I feel like there have been no accepts/WL/dings or anything in awhile.


My status checker updated to "in review" on 2/25th after a month of being complete...slowwww


been complete for four months, in review for over two... that's slow.

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2266
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby goden » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Just got scholly email -- $25k/yr

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby szb5058 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

just got a scholarship email, hoping to negotiate for higher but good luck everyone!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Congrats everyone! Does anyone know if scholarship emails are staggered? Or are they released at once for those already admitted?

User avatar
rufus&miles
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rufus&miles » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:30 pm

OMG GOT A SCHOLLY OFFER!!!! Wayyyy more than I was expecting!!!!

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Guess I'll be spending the rest of the day refreshing gmail.

Congrats everyone who got scholarships!

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 pm

ks2499 wrote:Guess I'll be spending the rest of the day refreshing gmail.

Congrats everyone who got scholarships!


+1

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby risa » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 pm

I got the scholarship email as well. $30K per year. Nice that you only have to maintain a 2.0 to keep your award :)

ETA: Accepted 1/23/13 and I had submitted my FAFSA and NeedAccess before I got the decision, or maybe it was a few days later. Can't quite remember, but it was close...
Last edited by risa on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Congrats on all the scholly offers! :D

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Congrats on all the scholly offers! :D


Do you remember if they released them in waves last year? Or do you think they're probably done for the day?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:39 pm

those who have received scholly offers-- when was your acceptance date? congrats!

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby md22 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 pm

boomlawyered wrote:
md22 wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:Has there been any application movement in weeks? I feel like there have been no accepts/WL/dings or anything in awhile.


My status checker updated to "in review" on 2/25th after a month of being complete...slowwww


been complete for four months, in review for over two... that's slow.


Painfully slow. Sorry about that :(

User avatar
Inconceivable!
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Inconceivable! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Well it seems as though they like giving out money today...maybe some acceptances/responses to the people who applied a thousand years ago.

Come on BC...you're killing me and lots of others

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2266
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby goden » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:42 pm

AlanShore wrote:those who have received scholly offers-- when was your acceptance date? congrats!

12/21

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 pm

ks2499 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:Congrats on all the scholly offers! :D


Do you remember if they released them in waves last year? Or do you think they're probably done for the day?


Not the best person to ask, cuz I was originally hit with sticker and had to negotiate a scholly by showing them offers from peer schools.

blueruditio
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby blueruditio » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 pm

AlanShore wrote:those who have received scholly offers-- when was your acceptance date? congrats!


Decision on 1/4/13, $$$.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
ks2499 wrote:Guess I'll be spending the rest of the day refreshing gmail.

Congrats everyone who got scholarships!


+1


Rootin' for ya, numbers twin. :)

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby LRGhost » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 pm

My decision was in mid Jan. Just got $84k.

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Congrats to everyone who has gotten schollies so far!

Have you most of you guys submitted Need Access or FAFSA yet or does that not matter for merit aid? I would think not...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”