BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
xodaryll
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby xodaryll » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:Are there a lot of applicants out there who have not heard yet? If so, when did you apply?


Yes..I applied 1/5, went complete somewhere around 1/10 I think, under review around 2/6, and no word since.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Hang in there. BC is a bit slow this year. A few people who heard recently had been under review for a long time. Hope you all get good news soon.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:37 pm

AlanShore wrote:Hang in there. BC is a bit slow this year. A few people who heard recently had been under review for a long time. Hope you all get good news soon.


It was slow when I applied in 2011. Sent app in early Jan. UR 2/2. Acceptance 4/1. Scholly award 4/20. Hang in there, lol.
Last edited by BlueLotus on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluegreen
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bluegreen » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:Are there a lot of applicants out there who have not heard yet? If so, when did you apply?


Yes. Applied 1/10.

yes. Applied 12/20 went complete sometime in Jan and UR 2/6
No word since


UR since mid dec, applied in early dec.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 am

For folks sitting in on Prof. Brown's class for ASD, don't hesitate to approach me to ask ?s or just say "hi"! I'll be sitting in the front row, wearing a purple long-sleeved shirt. Since I'm a 1L, I'm not the best person to ask about postgrad job prospects, but I can certainly direct you to 3L friends better suited to answer such ?s.

TA923
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby TA923 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Under review today! Complete 1/15.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:21 pm

TA923 wrote:Under review today! Complete 1/15.


Me too!!! Yayyy finally.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby lhanvt13 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
TA923 wrote:Under review today! Complete 1/15.


Me too!!! Yayyy finally.

still under review 1/15 complete :( numbers ?

User avatar
Shmoopy
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Shmoopy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Just got WL'd today. I'm kind of surprised, but whatever, I wouldn't have gone there unless I got a free ride anyway (lol at that). 173/3.3.

User avatar
ClaireyMary
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ClaireyMary » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Is there supposed to be a letter of admissions packet in the mail, following the acceptance email? I got in on weds 2/13 but haven't received a packet yet.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 pm

ClaireyMary wrote:Is there supposed to be a letter of admissions packet in the mail, following the acceptance email? I got in on weds 2/13 but haven't received a packet yet.

I got in on the 18th and got my packet on the 19th (i live 30 min away)

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm

AlanShore wrote:
ClaireyMary wrote:Is there supposed to be a letter of admissions packet in the mail, following the acceptance email? I got in on weds 2/13 but haven't received a packet yet.

I got in on the 18th and got my packet on the 19th (i live 30 min away)


Took me around 5 days (I live in Los Angeles).

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:47 pm

im sitting in on Prof. Kari Hong's criminal law class tomorrow. is anyone else going?

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 pm

AlanShore wrote:im sitting in on Prof. Kari Hong's criminal law class tomorrow. is anyone else going?



Ill be there

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
AlanShore wrote:im sitting in on Prof. Kari Hong's criminal law class tomorrow. is anyone else going?



Ill be there


^ S'up numbers twin? :)

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
AlanShore wrote:im sitting in on Prof. Kari Hong's criminal law class tomorrow. is anyone else going?



Ill be there


So will I.

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:
AlanShore wrote:im sitting in on Prof. Kari Hong's criminal law class tomorrow. is anyone else going?



Ill be there


^ S'up numbers twin? :)


Glad to see I'm in good company

goononon
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:26 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby goononon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Complete on 1/15, still not under review......

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:
AlanShore wrote:im sitting in on Prof. Kari Hong's criminal law class tomorrow. is anyone else going?



Ill be there


^ S'up numbers twin? :)


Glad to see I'm in good company


And fellow PA resident, too! From the Philly area, like myself?

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Nah, NEPA

User avatar
rufus&miles
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rufus&miles » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 pm

AlanShore wrote:im sitting in on Prof. Kari Hong's criminal law class tomorrow. is anyone else going?


I'll be there as well.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 am

For folks sitting in on Brown's Con Law class for ASD, come see me for Girl Scouts Samoas cookies! :mrgreen: My parents sent them in a care package, but I don't really care for coconut sweets. Look forward to seeing y'all!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 am

PinkLotus wrote:For folks sitting in on Brown's Con Law class for ASD, come see me for Girl Scouts Samoas cookies! :mrgreen: My parents sent them in a care package, but I don't really care for coconut sweets. Look forward to seeing y'all!

O man! I wish i was in this class

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 am

AlanShore wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:For folks sitting in on Brown's Con Law class for ASD, come see me for Girl Scouts Samoas cookies! :mrgreen: My parents sent them in a care package, but I don't really care for coconut sweets. Look forward to seeing y'all!

O man! I wish i was in this class


Haha, u should run over to East Wing 115 A as soon as your class is over to grab one (provided that they are not devoured already by the others :wink: )

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BC 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:26 pm

PinkLotus wrote:For folks sitting in on Brown's Con Law class for ASD, come see me for Girl Scouts Samoas cookies! :mrgreen: My parents sent them in a care package, but I don't really care for coconut sweets. Look forward to seeing y'all!


Thanks for the cookies and showing me around despite me being on the WL.

PinkLotus and another 1L really brought out the bright sides of BC, would definitely attend if the price was right.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”