BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ph5354a » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Dream Weave wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
Dream Weave wrote:
Dream Weave wrote:Is it ridiculous for me to call about my app? Last update 1/7, 3.61/166- would be a topchoice


Also applied second day application was available


What other updates have you had?



Complete, and then 12/17, 1/7



Your wait must be excruciating, but you still have two more updates to go, and since it's still technically January, I would wait a couple more weeks before calling. Do you have any C&F issues or Dean's certification?

steakandchicken
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby steakandchicken » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Congrats to the new admits!

So is it standard to have 4 status date updates? Sent 1/07, complete 1/11, complete 1/28, complete 1/29. That means I'd have 1 more to go?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

steakandchicken wrote:Congrats to the new admits!

So is it standard to have 4 status date updates? Sent 1/07, complete 1/11, complete 1/28, complete 1/29. That means I'd have 1 more to go?

Usually yes

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 pm

dproduct wrote:This over and over. I was going to feel like a real jackass. Now if their friend across the way could speed it up, I can make my east coast trek in peace.


goden wrote:Grats!


Thanks guys, booked my flight from Feb 21-24... Gonna do BU on 21, BC on 22 and then party it up/Sam Adams on Saturday, you guys should meet me out there.

or any other TLS'ers :mrgreen:

steakandchicken
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby steakandchicken » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:24 pm

AlanShore wrote:
steakandchicken wrote:Congrats to the new admits!

So is it standard to have 4 status date updates? Sent 1/07, complete 1/11, complete 1/28, complete 1/29. That means I'd have 1 more to go?

Usually yes


Thank you! Good luck to everyone waiting.

rachelw
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rachelw » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Is everyone being notified via phone call? I live overseas and I doubt they'll call international so I'm wondering if I'll have to wait til my parents get something in the mail.

User avatar
boomlawyered
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby boomlawyered » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm

ph5354a wrote:
boomlawyered wrote:4 updates so far... can anyone give me an idea of if this is normal/when I'll hear? 1/7, 1/10, 1/24, and 1/29. thanks!


If the pattern holds, you'll hear today.


thank you, the pattern holds! in via phone call today!

rachelw
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rachelw » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 pm

rachelw wrote:Is everyone being notified via phone call? I live overseas and I doubt they'll call international so I'm wondering if I'll have to wait til my parents get something in the mail.


Just answered my own question...in via e-mail!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43 pm

anteater1 wrote:
dproduct wrote:This over and over. I was going to feel like a real jackass. Now if their friend across the way could speed it up, I can make my east coast trek in peace.


goden wrote:Grats!


Thanks guys, booked my flight from Feb 21-24... Gonna do BU on 21, BC on 22 and then party it up/Sam Adams on Saturday, you guys should meet me out there.

or any other TLS'ers :mrgreen:


Haven't finalized my dates, obviously If I'm there, I'm down.

mh33
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mh33 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Got in today as well. I think I'm still going to BC, but I'm going to head home in February and hit the ASW for both schools.

User avatar
postard
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby postard » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm

In today!

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Just got the call, in!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:55 pm

FWIW, Christine sounds like a lovely person. Soothing voice. She seemed excited about making the call. Voicemail SAVED.

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:02 pm

That marks 5pm in Boston. Either BU is working late or I am now the exception to the 4 update rule.

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby szb5058 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm

a2blifeUIUC wrote:That marks 5pm in Boston. Either BU is working late or I am now the exception to the 4 update rule.


+1

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 pm

szb5058 wrote:
a2blifeUIUC wrote:That marks 5pm in Boston. Either BU is working late or I am now the exception to the 4 update rule.


+1


Scratch that? I have a missed call from an unknown Boston number. No voice mail. Called it back. Busy signal.

I am going to take this to mean they are working late!

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:21 pm

dproduct wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
dproduct wrote:This over and over. I was going to feel like a real jackass. Now if their friend across the way could speed it up, I can make my east coast trek in peace.


goden wrote:Grats!


Thanks guys, booked my flight from Feb 21-24... Gonna do BU on 21, BC on 22 and then party it up/Sam Adams on Saturday, you guys should meet me out there.

or any other TLS'ers :mrgreen:


Haven't finalized my dates, obviously If I'm there, I'm down.



+1

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:21 pm

a2blifeUIUC wrote:
szb5058 wrote:
a2blifeUIUC wrote:That marks 5pm in Boston. Either BU is working late or I am now the exception to the 4 update rule.


+1


Scratch that? I have a missed call from an unknown Boston number. No voice mail. Called it back. Busy signal.

I am going to take this to mean they are working late!


617.353.2000 was the number I was called from, fwiw.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Xs20 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Is it just me or does the BU Law building kind of look like a housing project?

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 pm

In via phone call around 1:30pm! First acceptance via phone call this cycle! ^^

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Xs20 wrote:Is it just me or does the BU Law building kind of look like a housing project?


I was thinking Hollywood Tower of Terror.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm

bettercallsaul91 wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Is it just me or does the BU Law building kind of look like a housing project?


I was thinking Hollywood Tower of Terror.


:lol: :lol:

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 am

Congrats to all recent admits!

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 am

Withdrawing my acceptance today. Hopefully one of you receives that 75k they just got back! Good luck everyone!

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Since there're people who submitted later than me and have gotten in, does this mean I should expect a ding soon? Or was Nov applications all just grouped together. I submitted ~Nov 15. I'm seeing late Nov and even Dec applicants get phone calls.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, addie1412, bleakchimera2, cathy95, KeYe88, lawlawlawzz, lawschoolbound2017, MSNbot Media, notausername, potterotter, proteinshake, Pugnax, ramp_999, Rubbishdump, SamTarly and 23 guests