BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm

bzzingbee wrote:I got in via phone call today! Yay!!


congrats!!

User avatar
b123
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby b123 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 am

Still stuck at complete 11/20...wtf?

User avatar
gatorfan163287
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorfan163287 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:43 am

Accepted today via voicemail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?

edit: voicemail not e-mail
Last edited by gatorfan163287 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 am

gatorfan163287 wrote:Accepted today via e-mail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?


Mine was in my admissions packet, but it's possible they send another letter later. You can always call and ask?

User avatar
gatorfan163287
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorfan163287 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 am

T20hopeful89 wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:Accepted today via e-mail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?


Mine was in my admissions packet, but it's possible they send another letter later. You can always call and ask?


Very true on the phone call. Thanks for the info on yours though. Will have to wait a couple days til I get the packet then to see.

djlmjs22
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby djlmjs22 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 am

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 am

gatorfan163287 wrote:Accepted today via voicemail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?

edit: voicemail not e-mail

congrats gatorfan!!!! are you (and anyone else) going to one of the ASWs?

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 am

AlanShore wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:Accepted today via voicemail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?

edit: voicemail not e-mail

congrats gatorfan!!!! are you (and anyone else) going to one of the ASWs?


I'll be there 3/22. There is also a reception in NYC at the end of February that I'm thinking of attending. Anyone in New York planning on going to that?

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 am

ks2499 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:Accepted today via voicemail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?

edit: voicemail not e-mail

congrats gatorfan!!!! are you (and anyone else) going to one of the ASWs?


I'll be there 3/22. There is also a reception in NYC at the end of February that I'm thinking of attending. Anyone in New York planning on going to that?


I signed up for the NY one - I unfortunately don't have enough vacation days at the moment to go to the ASW in Boston, but I'm trying to figure it out...

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:30 am

T20hopeful89 wrote:
ks2499 wrote:I'll be there 3/22. There is also a reception in NYC at the end of February that I'm thinking of attending. Anyone in New York planning on going to that?


I signed up for the NY one - I unfortunately don't have enough vacation days at the moment to go to the ASW in Boston, but I'm trying to figure it out...


I feel your pain - I had to take unpaid leave to go that day. Good luck with the work situation!

Edit: Just RSVP'd to the NYC event - any ideas on dress code?
Last edited by ks2499 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bzzingbee
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bzzingbee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am

UMich11 wrote:
bzzingbee wrote:I got in via phone call today! Yay!!



Did yours ever go UR or was it always sitting at complete?


It was always at complete. I never checked the status checker in December ( applied 12-01-12) but my dates were 1/7, 1/14, 1/17

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 am

ks2499 wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:
ks2499 wrote:I'll be there 3/22. There is also a reception in NYC at the end of February that I'm thinking of attending. Anyone in New York planning on going to that?


I signed up for the NY one - I unfortunately don't have enough vacation days at the moment to go to the ASW in Boston, but I'm trying to figure it out...


I feel your pain - I had to take unpaid leave to go that day. Good luck with the work situation!

Edit: Just RSVP'd to the NYC event - any ideas on dress code?


I would say business casual - it's at a firm's NY office, so I would dress in the same way I dress to work every day at my firm. Safest route. We're not allowed to take unpaid days, so it's complicated...

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Manhattanman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:Accepted today via voicemail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?

edit: voicemail not e-mail

congrats gatorfan!!!! are you (and anyone else) going to one of the ASWs?


I'll be there 3/22. There is also a reception in NYC at the end of February that I'm thinking of attending. Anyone in New York planning on going to that?


I signed up for the NY one - I unfortunately don't have enough vacation days at the moment to go to the ASW in Boston, but I'm trying to figure it out...


Just hearing about this NYC reception, but will most likely go to that.

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Manhattanman wrote:Just hearing about this NYC reception, but will most likely go to that.


Glad to hear others are going too: http://www.bu.edu/law/prospective/admit ... eceptions/

User avatar
postard
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby postard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Update to 1/24, submitted 11/21.

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

postard wrote:Update to 1/24, submitted 11/21.



I got the update today too

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Xs20 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Updated today too, I think it's my 3rd or 4th update. Does that mean I should expect an email/call today?

CalPolyLaw
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby CalPolyLaw » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Admitted via phone call on Tuesday. Born and raised in Northern California so moving to Boston would be a very new experience...

User avatar
gatorfan163287
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gatorfan163287 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm

AlanShore wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:Accepted today via voicemail!!!!!! 3.67/165 non-URM. At least one of the Boston schools decided to admit me....funny that it had to be the one with the higher medians. /breathes sigh of relief

Anyone know how scholarships are given out? Via e-mail or in your admission packet?

edit: voicemail not e-mail

congrats gatorfan!!!! are you (and anyone else) going to one of the ASWs?


Yea I'm planning on attending one of the ASW's. Can't decide yet which one I'm planning on going to. Have to sit down and organize all the ASW's and plan my time off before committing. Definitely going to one or the other though.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Xs20 wrote:Updated today too, I think it's my 3rd or 4th update. Does that mean I should expect an email/call today?


Updated just now. I think it's my second update. I don't even understand what it means when complete updates change :oops:

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby UMich11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Updated today too, I think it's my 3rd or 4th update. Does that mean I should expect an email/call today?


Updated just now. I think it's my second update. I don't even understand what it means when complete updates change :oops:


I haven't had one update since i went complete 12/10. I guess some are better than none? :? :?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Oh shit. I had my 4th update today. :shock:

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Xs20 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm

dproduct wrote:Oh shit. I had my 4th update today. :shock:

Do decisions come after the 4th update?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Xs20 wrote:
dproduct wrote:Oh shit. I had my 4th update today. :shock:

Do decisions come after the 4th update?


Many in this thread received word after the 4th update I believe. Eeep.

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:57 pm

And I still sit and wait at 1/7 :(. Hoping for the best for you guys




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleakchimera2, cantexplaingottago, Long shot hero, pantsuitchic, Pozzo and 15 guests