BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jdawgie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Jdawgie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am

skri65 wrote:I'm pretty sure BU has been creeping up on my LinkedIn account..


I am continuously paranoid about my Facebook account being checked out. I still can't wrap my mind around new timeline privacy options.

Complete since Jan 9th.

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby UMich11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am

Jdawgie wrote:
skri65 wrote:I'm pretty sure BU has been creeping up on my LinkedIn account..


I am continuously paranoid about my Facebook account being checked out. I still can't wrap my mind around new timeline privacy options.

Complete since Jan 9th.


I've had a few views from "the Boston Area" on LinkedIn. But i applied to 4 schools in Boston so idk who it is.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby danitt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am

I applied way back in September and this far that application complete has been my only update. I'm probably looking at a ding. My cycle has been so weird.

zebra6777
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:33 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby zebra6777 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm

ams929 wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:
skri65 wrote:Because you're all dying to know, still sitting at a 1/7 update.



Same, except 1/10


complete 11/19, 2nd update 1/13. 166/3.7. really starting to wonder...


I have similar numbers and sent mine in early November. It seems like it has gone through several updates. I'm hoping that they might be weighing a scholly offer and that is why they are taking their time

ams929
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ams929 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 pm

zebra6777 wrote:
ams929 wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:
skri65 wrote:Because you're all dying to know, still sitting at a 1/7 update.



Same, except 1/10


complete 11/19, 2nd update 1/13. 166/3.7. really starting to wonder...


I have similar numbers and sent mine in early November. It seems like it has gone through several updates. I'm hoping that they might be weighing a scholly offer and that is why they are taking their time


If that's the reason, then I'm totally fine with the wait!

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:28 pm

For some reason Fridays have been a popular choice by law schools for sending my decisions this cycle. Perhaps BU could amuse me today...?

Probably not.

bzzingbee
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bzzingbee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 pm

I applied in early December and then went home, so i did not check any statuses until January, and I may have missed some updates. But I know I have at least 1/7, 1/14, 1/17. I hope I get a decision soon.

muskies970
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby muskies970 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 am

still stuck at 12/7... starting to think BU forgot about me...

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Still stuck at 1.7. I thought my numbers were competitive based off this year's cycle on LSN. Starting to get worried.

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Dream Weave wrote:Still stuck at 1.7. I thought my numbers were competitive based off this year's cycle on LSN. Starting to get worried.


I'm right there with you. 1/7 was my third update, so the next one should be a decision. Like many on this thread, I'm torn between BU and BC. Unfortunately, the decision is too easy right now, because I'm in at BC and stuck at BU!

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 pm

a2blifeUIUC wrote:
Dream Weave wrote:Still stuck at 1.7. I thought my numbers were competitive based off this year's cycle on LSN. Starting to get worried.


I'm right there with you. 1/7 was my third update, so the next one should be a decision. Like many on this thread, I'm torn between BU and BC. Unfortunately, the decision is too easy right now, because I'm in at BC and stuck at BU!


Good luck!! Im in the opposite situation having been accepted to BU but still waiting to hear from BC. I think both schools are great and if can open up opportunities if you do well there.

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm

does anyone know when the ASW is?

anyone attending?

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

anteater1 wrote:does anyone know when the ASW is?

anyone attending?


I'm going to the March 22 ASD. BC actually has one the next day, so it works out well if you're looking at both schools.

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 pm

ks2499 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:does anyone know when the ASW is?

anyone attending?


I'm going to the March 22 ASD. BC actually has one the next day, so it works out well if you're looking at both schools.


Ill be out of the country :/

Nothing in February?

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 pm

anteater1 wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:does anyone know when the ASW is?

anyone attending?


I'm going to the March 22 ASD. BC actually has one the next day, so it works out well if you're looking at both schools.


Ill be out of the country :/

Nothing in February?


No, but there is one April 5. I also received an email about a BU reception in my city, so assuming you're near a major city, that might be a good option for you as well, since April is really pushing deposit deadlines (April 15 at BU).

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:58 pm

a2blifeUIUC wrote:
Dream Weave wrote:Still stuck at 1.7. I thought my numbers were competitive based off this year's cycle on LSN. Starting to get worried.


I'm right there with you. 1/7 was my third update, so the next one should be a decision. Like many on this thread, I'm torn between BU and BC. Unfortunately, the decision is too easy right now, because I'm in at BC and stuck at BU!


There are still quite a number or applications pending and not that many acceptances on LSN so hopefully more people will be hearing back soon

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Manhattanman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Anyone have any information about how long scholarship information comes out after acceptance?

the ides of march
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby the ides of march » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Manhattanman wrote:Anyone have any information about how long scholarship information comes out after acceptance?


I got mine 4 days after via USPS.

User avatar
SAlpha
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby SAlpha » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Got another update today still in review 1/23...Anybody else get an update?

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Still at 1/7- seems like its been a while since their last big batch of decisions.

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm

SAlpha wrote:Got another update today still in review 1/23...Anybody else get an update?


I'm still stuck at 1/7, waiting for my 4th update. Best of luck!

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby szb5058 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:12 pm

BU, cmon now, admit me already, we'll high-five, grab some hot chocolate, maybe even catch a movie once in a while. lets do this thang already!

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Dream Weave » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 pm

szb5058 wrote:BU, cmon now, admit me already, we'll high-five, grab some hot chocolate, maybe even catch a movie once in a while. lets do this thang already!

bzzingbee
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby bzzingbee » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm

I got in via phone call today! Yay!!

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby UMich11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 pm

bzzingbee wrote:I got in via phone call today! Yay!!



Did yours ever go UR or was it always sitting at complete?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”