BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kitmitzi
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby kitmitzi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am

shrek wrote:so BU sent me an e-mail saying they were going to hold my application for further review until they received my fall grades...not sure what kind of sign that is. any input?


I think they just want your updated transcript and it might not mean anything (although good grades on your latest transcript is always a good thing). When I applied my senior year of college the schools asked a lot of applicants to send their latest transcript when it became available.

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 am

Status updated to 1/10, yikes.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:Status updated to 1/10, yikes.

I'm still sitting at 1/7 here (and 12/21 and 12/19). All I want in life is my first acceptance!!

EDIT: 1/11 update too. Starting to think that my last two updates were just reflections of my second LSAT score and my updated transcripts though.
Last edited by ph5354a on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 pm

hoping for some more movement today for your guys!

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby skri65 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 pm

ph5354a wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:Status updated to 1/10, yikes.

I'm still sitting at 1/7 here (and 12/21 and 12/19). All I want in life is my first acceptance!!


Yah, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby onionz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 pm

1/11 Update, though I haven't submitted anything new or done anything else for a while. So far I have 3 updates in the last 7 days.

ericaec12
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ericaec12 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:21 pm

onionz wrote:1/11 Update, though I haven't submitted anything new or done anything else for a while. So far I have 3 updates in the last 7 days.


+1

User avatar
kitmitzi
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby kitmitzi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:27 pm

ericaec12 wrote:
onionz wrote:1/11 Update, though I haven't submitted anything new or done anything else for a while. So far I have 3 updates in the last 7 days.


+1


Same. I hope our decisions come out soon! I've had 3 come out since yesterday so I'm optimistic that things are moving faster.

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 pm

kitmitzi wrote:
ericaec12 wrote:
onionz wrote:1/11 Update, though I haven't submitted anything new or done anything else for a while. So far I have 3 updates in the last 7 days.


+1


Same. I hope our decisions come out soon! I've had 3 come out since yesterday so I'm optimistic that things are moving faster.



Yeah I've had 3 since Tuesday. I thought it was going to be four when I got a call from a Georgia number today (Emory), but it turned out it was just Mercer trolling me hardcore :evil:

User avatar
kitmitzi
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby kitmitzi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:35 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
kitmitzi wrote:
ericaec12 wrote:
onionz wrote:1/11 Update, though I haven't submitted anything new or done anything else for a while. So far I have 3 updates in the last 7 days.


+1


Same. I hope our decisions come out soon! I've had 3 come out since yesterday so I'm optimistic that things are moving faster.



Yeah I've had 3 since Tuesday. I thought it was going to be four when I got a call from a Georgia number today (Emory), but it turned out it was just Mercer trolling me hardcore :evil:


haha, that's such a let down. I jump every time my phone rings but it's always Comcast or the dentist.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Trying to remember the pattern from the last round of admits --most people had their last update 4-5 days before the acceptance, right?

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby onionz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
kitmitzi wrote:
ericaec12 wrote:
onionz wrote:1/11 Update, though I haven't submitted anything new or done anything else for a while. So far I have 3 updates in the last 7 days.


+1


Same. I hope our decisions come out soon! I've had 3 come out since yesterday so I'm optimistic that things are moving faster.



Yeah I've had 3 since Tuesday. I thought it was going to be four when I got a call from a Georgia number today (Emory), but it turned out it was just Mercer trolling me hardcore :evil:


I meant 3 from BU specifically :-p

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ks2499 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 pm

ph5354a wrote:Trying to remember the pattern from the last round of admits --most people had their last update 4-5 days before the acceptance, right?


My last (4th) update was the same day that I was accepted.

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

onionz wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:
kitmitzi wrote:


Same. I hope our decisions come out soon! I've had 3 come out since yesterday so I'm optimistic that things are moving faster.



Yeah I've had 3 since Tuesday. I thought it was going to be four when I got a call from a Georgia number today (Emory), but it turned out it was just Mercer trolling me hardcore :evil:


I meant 3 from BU specifically :-p



That's what I get for speed-reading :oops:

ericaec12
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ericaec12 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 pm

For all the today updates, I just got the acceptance call! was 1/2, 1/7, today. :)

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:14 pm

ericaec12 wrote:For all the today updates, I just got the acceptance call! was 1/2, 1/7, today. :)

Congratulations!! I was 1/7 and today too --hopefully a call soon.

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm

ph5354a wrote:
ericaec12 wrote:For all the today updates, I just got the acceptance call! was 1/2, 1/7, today. :)

Congratulations!! I was 1/7 and today too --hopefully a call soon.


Once again: ditto

User avatar
kitmitzi
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby kitmitzi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
ericaec12 wrote:For all the today updates, I just got the acceptance call! was 1/2, 1/7, today. :)

Congratulations!! I was 1/7 and today too --hopefully a call soon.


Once again: ditto


Me too. Just got the call. Yay Boston!

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 pm

ericaec12 wrote:For all the today updates, I just got the acceptance call! was 1/2, 1/7, today. :)


Do you mind sharing your numbers?

ericaec12
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ericaec12 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Tremendous wrote:
ericaec12 wrote:For all the today updates, I just got the acceptance call! was 1/2, 1/7, today. :)


Do you mind sharing your numbers?


165/3.4, URM, 5 years WE

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby JesusChrist » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm

kitmitzi wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
ericaec12 wrote:For all the today updates, I just got the acceptance call! was 1/2, 1/7, today. :)

Congratulations!! I was 1/7 and today too --hopefully a call soon.


Once again: ditto


Me too. Just got the call. Yay Boston!


Dammit, this isn't looking good for me.

Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Tremendous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Dammit, this isn't looking good for me.[/quote]

Hang in there, JesusChrist. I'm sitting at 166, 3.25, right around where you are.

I got my last update on 1/8.

diver88
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby diver88 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:53 pm

IN, via phone call from the dean, 12:45 PST.
submitted 11/1, updates on 12/10, 12/14, 1/7, and today (1/11)
good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Tremendous wrote:Dammit, this isn't looking good for me.


Hang in there, JesusChrist. I'm sitting at 166, 3.25, right around where you are.

I got my last update on 1/8.[/quote]

+1 I had an update yesterday but no word today

User avatar
rufus&miles
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby rufus&miles » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Congrats everyone!! Hopefully they will get desperate for my 168 soon otherwise I'm out of luck.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests