BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gpuls
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby gpuls » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 am

Submitted ED app today! It's going to be a long five weeks...

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:50 am

gpuls wrote:Submitted ED app today! It's going to be a long five weeks...



Good luck!!

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 am

Does anyone know if BU gives public transit passes like many schools located in urban areas do?

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby anteater1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 am

timeandspace11 wrote:Does anyone know if BU gives public transit passes like many schools located in urban areas do?


Im curious about this as well.

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 am

timeandspace11 wrote:Does anyone know if BU gives public transit passes like many schools located in urban areas do?


undergraduate yes, for law students I would say yes but not 100% sure

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby risa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:59 am

.
Last edited by risa on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby North » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 am

Checking in dudes! Just submitted last night with a 3.3/168.

Good to see some October waiters in here.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:33 am

risa wrote:
kaf5250 wrote:this is probably a dumb question but who do I go about asking for a solicited fee waiver? Just the admissions office in general, also what were your numbers those of you who got them, I'm at a 3.7 and a 168, is it worth it to ask?

Did you have any luck? My numbers are 3.87 and 169, but I got a "sorry we don't do solicited merit-based fee waivers" reply to my email this morning. I've seen plenty of others on here (some with lower numbers) get solicited fee waivers, though, so obviously what they told me was not true!

I got one with lower #s. however, i didn't use it because i was having SO much trouble with it... and I guess the problem is not uncommon this cycle.. not sure if it's BU or LSAC.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby North » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 am

risa wrote:Did you have any luck? My numbers are 3.87 and 169, but I got a "sorry we don't do solicited merit-based fee waivers" reply to my email this morning. I've seen plenty of others on here (some with lower numbers) get solicited fee waivers, though, so obviously what they told me was not true!

Check to see if you have a hidden fee waiver -- I got one with a 168 and a way lower GPA, so there's no reason you shouldn't get one.

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby risa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 pm

North wrote:Check to see if you have a hidden fee waiver -- I got one with a 168 and a way lower GPA, so there's no reason you shouldn't get one.


I checked a few days ago and didn't. Oh well. I still need to write my public interest essay so it will probably be at least a week until I actually get this one submitted. I'll cross my fingers that a CRS or hidden waiver comes through in the meantime!

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:53 pm

risa wrote:
North wrote:Check to see if you have a hidden fee waiver -- I got one with a 168 and a way lower GPA, so there's no reason you shouldn't get one.


I checked a few days ago and didn't. Oh well. I still need to write my public interest essay so it will probably be at least a week until I actually get this one submitted. I'll cross my fingers that a CRS or hidden waiver comes through in the meantime!


some school have limited amount of fee waivers , if it is used up already in this cycle and they will not grant any more, then there is nothing you can do about it.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby cinephile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm

maxmartin wrote:
risa wrote:
North wrote:Check to see if you have a hidden fee waiver -- I got one with a 168 and a way lower GPA, so there's no reason you shouldn't get one.


I checked a few days ago and didn't. Oh well. I still need to write my public interest essay so it will probably be at least a week until I actually get this one submitted. I'll cross my fingers that a CRS or hidden waiver comes through in the meantime!


some school have limited amount of fee waivers , if it is used up already in this cycle and they will not grant any more, then there is nothing you can do about it.


I doubt that there is a limited amount of fee waivers. It's not like they're giving you money, they're just waiving a fee. And if they actually believed you wouldn't apply without that fee waiver, they would give it to you. BU is not doing so well right now and they need your high scores. Hold out for $.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby 04102014 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Does anyone know of a candidate who was accepted ED last year? I don't see anything on LSN (most were deferred to RD), but I'm hoping someone knows something that I don't :)

Trying to get an idea of the numbers they're looking for.

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby maxmartin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Does anyone know of a candidate who was accepted ED last year? I don't see anything on LSN (most were deferred to RD), but I'm hoping someone knows something that I don't :)

Trying to get an idea of the numbers they're looking for.


very few , there are one or two persons reported ED by BU in last year
thread

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Applied early decision on the 14th...App already complete. Hope all you guys are doing well

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ph5354a » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am

I went complete on 11/7 --is anyone expecting a decision before Christmas? It looks like last year they sent a fair amount of decisions out in December. I'm guessing they don't release scholarship info until after the initial decision, right?

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:49 am

Does anyone know if it is more common for them to send their decision via email, snail mail, or both?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:28 am

timeandspace11 wrote:Does anyone know if it is more common for them to send their decision via email, snail mail, or both?

Phone call i think. maybe not for everyone but i think phone and/or email.

Im hoping for a decision by Christmas!!!

User avatar
lovelydarkanddeep
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby lovelydarkanddeep » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 pm

My linkedin was checked out by a high level BU administrator this week....coincidence?

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby North » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:45 pm

lovelydarkanddeep wrote:My linkedin was checked out by a high level BU administrator this week....coincidence?

Great, now I have to go update my LinkedIn page.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby dproduct » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:47 pm

lovelydarkanddeep wrote:My linkedin was checked out by a high level BU administrator this week....coincidence?


Hehe, I've noticed this a few times too (not BU yet). Quickly made sure than my LinkedIn matched my law school resume 8)

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Anyone else had their status date change yesterday?

I went complete 11/12, status date changed 11/19 and again on 11/29. I applied ED

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AlanShore » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:18 pm

I havent had any date changes at all.. but I applied RD.

User avatar
orbbs
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby orbbs » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:05 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:Anyone else had their status date change yesterday?

I went complete 11/12, status date changed 11/19 and again on 11/29. I applied ED


I did ED as well and I'm still on 11/19. Not sure what to make of the change, unless they've just begun a second review process for ED applicants.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby timeandspace11 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:Anyone else had their status date change yesterday?

I went complete 11/12, status date changed 11/19 and again on 11/29. I applied ED


My status date changed to 11/29 as well. I applied ED as well. Hopefully we will be hearing very soon.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, fortunecookie1, Giro423, NavyNuke and 26 guests