BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BitterSplitter
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BitterSplitter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:09 pm

.
Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:42 pm

My status just got updated to 2/27. Before it was stuck on 1/11. Anyone else??

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby nba101790 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:43 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:My status just got updated to 2/27. Before it was stuck on 1/11. Anyone else??


Basically the same thing here.

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby szb5058 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Received my admissions packet in the mail with a letter congratulating me as well as saying that I could receive a merit scholarship at some point.

Did most people get their schollys in the mail with their admission packet or separately?

goCATSgo
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby goCATSgo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:27 pm

nba101790 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:My status just got updated to 2/27. Before it was stuck on 1/11. Anyone else??


Basically the same thing here.



Same thing. :| I want an answerrrrrrrrrr.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 pm

szb5058 wrote:Received my admissions packet in the mail with a letter congratulating me as well as saying that I could receive a merit scholarship at some point.

Did most people get their schollys in the mail with their admission packet or separately?

Mine came with my packet. Oddly, the page you are referencing was the front page and my scholly was on the second page. Just double check because this is the first time I have seen it this way out of 10 or so offers.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby ph5354a » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:46 pm

teiswei wrote:
szb5058 wrote:Received my admissions packet in the mail with a letter congratulating me as well as saying that I could receive a merit scholarship at some point.

Did most people get their schollys in the mail with their admission packet or separately?

Mine came with my packet. Oddly, the page you are referencing was the front page and my scholly was on the second page. Just double check because this is the first time I have seen it this way out of 10 or so offers.


Mine came about a week or so later in a separate envelope, for what it's worth.

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby szb5058 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:51 pm

ph5354a wrote:
teiswei wrote:
szb5058 wrote:Received my admissions packet in the mail with a letter congratulating me as well as saying that I could receive a merit scholarship at some point.

Did most people get their schollys in the mail with their admission packet or separately?

Mine came with my packet. Oddly, the page you are referencing was the front page and my scholly was on the second page. Just double check because this is the first time I have seen it this way out of 10 or so offers.


Mine came about a week or so later in a separate envelope, for what it's worth.


Got my packet about 2 weeks ago, getting a little nervous because I just got my scholly from BC and I really want to start negotiating asap.

Thanks for the info tho, the fact that it doesn't necessarily have to come with your admissions packet is very reassuring. Do you think it would be too forward of me to call or email them and inquire about a scholarship or should I wait another week or two?

Any info/advice would help. Thanks everyone.

User avatar
zestylemon
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby zestylemon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:51 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:
mittz wrote:I have been complete since 1/9 with no updates. Anyone else this far back have no updates?


1/7..no update :( what are your numbers?


1/11 no update, glad I've got friends on the sea of silence

User avatar
mg7
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mg7 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:55 pm

I just had my second post-complete update to today. Went complete 1/7, first update was 2/7, then today.

User avatar
teachmehowtoraji
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teachmehowtoraji » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:35 pm

szb5058 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
teiswei wrote:
szb5058 wrote:Received my admissions packet in the mail with a letter congratulating me as well as saying that I could receive a merit scholarship at some point.

Did most people get their schollys in the mail with their admission packet or separately?

Mine came with my packet. Oddly, the page you are referencing was the front page and my scholly was on the second page. Just double check because this is the first time I have seen it this way out of 10 or so offers.


Mine came about a week or so later in a separate envelope, for what it's worth.


Got my packet about 2 weeks ago, getting a little nervous because I just got my scholly from BC and I really want to start negotiating asap.

Thanks for the info tho, the fact that it doesn't necessarily have to come with your admissions packet is very reassuring. Do you think it would be too forward of me to call or email them and inquire about a scholarship or should I wait another week or two?

Any info/advice would help. Thanks everyone.




I got my packet a few weeks ago and still haven't heard about schollys.

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 pm

On my third complete date on the status checker with a 171 and a 3.57. First 2/4, then 2/19, now 2/22. How many times does it usually update before going under review?

User avatar
zorro.99
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby zorro.99 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 pm

I'm in! Got the call today!!

User avatar
AMilfordMan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AMilfordMan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm

GoldHattedGatsby wrote:On my third complete date on the status checker with a 171 and a 3.57. First 2/4, then 2/19, now 2/22. How many times does it usually update before going under review?


Generally four, but there have been a few instances of 5(+?).

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:59 pm

What are the stages of BU's status checker beyond Complete?

User avatar
AMilfordMan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AMilfordMan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 pm

GoldHattedGatsby wrote:What are the stages of BU's status checker beyond Complete?


Again, it sometimes varies, but usual 4 "complete" updates and then a decision.

mittz
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mittz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Finally a complete update today! Been complete since early January.

delizabeth10
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby delizabeth10 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 pm

mittz wrote:Finally a complete update today! Been complete since early January.


Also had my first complete update today! Applied Jan 29th.

Ruthie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby Ruthie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 pm

delizabeth10 wrote:
mittz wrote:Finally a complete update today! Been complete since early January.


Also had my first complete update today! Applied Jan 29th.

Jealous. Applies same as you, but no updates yet. BU and Chicago probably wont let me know until May....

User avatar
BitterSplitter
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BitterSplitter » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 pm

.
Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:18 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:hey guys, kinda got an update today. The date changed from 1/7 to 3/5 but it still simply says App Complete. Did it not change to under review bc they picked up my app, laughed their asses off and then said "we're not reviewing this shit"? haha or am I just experiencing delayed review depression/waitlist fatigue

I'm pretty sure they don't have a "in review" status. I think I had 3-4 complete updates and then the call.

User avatar
BitterSplitter
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 am

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby BitterSplitter » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:42 pm

.
Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby teiswei » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:
teiswei wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:hey guys, kinda got an update today. The date changed from 1/7 to 3/5 but it still simply says App Complete. Did it not change to under review bc they picked up my app, laughed their asses off and then said "we're not reviewing this shit"? haha or am I just experiencing delayed review depression/waitlist fatigue

I'm pretty sure they don't have a "in review" status. I think I had 3-4 complete updates and then the call.


got it..soooo you're saying I should begin the hourly obsessive-compulsive email and status check log-ins?

Haha, once daily should suffice.

User avatar
AMilfordMan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby AMilfordMan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:26 pm

teiswei wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:
teiswei wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:hey guys, kinda got an update today. The date changed from 1/7 to 3/5 but it still simply says App Complete. Did it not change to under review bc they picked up my app, laughed their asses off and then said "we're not reviewing this shit"? haha or am I just experiencing delayed review depression/waitlist fatigue

I'm pretty sure they don't have a "in review" status. I think I had 3-4 complete updates and then the call.


got it..soooo you're saying I should begin the hourly obsessive-compulsive email and status check log-ins?

Haha, once daily should suffice.

Around noon should do fine.

User avatar
mg7
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: BU 2012-2013 Applicants

Postby mg7 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Had my third complete update today!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cathy95, curry1, Google [Bot], Long shot hero, oakroom, okf731, tinafeyclone and 15 guests