Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby uconjak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:54 pm

just got my scholly info.... 25/yr for 3 years, not bad for someone from the fly-over-zone

esperanza11
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby esperanza11 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 am

Have any admitted students had issues signing onto the admitted students page over the past couple of days? I keep getting a GUEST error message :?

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 pm

esperanza11 wrote:Have any admitted students had issues signing onto the admitted students page over the past couple of days? I keep getting a GUEST error message :?


I just tried and I didn't get a message. Double check your Caps Lock, the pw is case sensitive.

User avatar
Fujin11
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:18 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Fujin11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 am

esperanza11 wrote:Have any admitted students had issues signing onto the admitted students page over the past couple of days? I keep getting a GUEST error message :?


I had to wrestle with this last year. I found that the site doesn't like certain passwords or ways of saving the passwords. I solved the issue either by re-entering the login credentials every time or by switching to a different browser to read the stuff on the admitted site.

Also I'm going to take this opportunity to reaffirm my willingness to answer question for admitted students.

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby skri65 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Just got acceptance email. How long do they usually wait to give scholly info?

ultrasajid
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ultrasajid » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Congrats! Mind sharing dates and stats?

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby skri65 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm

ultrasajid wrote:Congrats! Mind sharing dates and stats?


Submitted early November, last update was jan 22nd. Slightly above median gpa, slightly below median LSAT

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Soooo, are those of us going to ASD on Saturday doing a TLS meet-up? Just wondering.

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby szb5058 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:01 pm

30-Something wrote:Soooo, are those of us going to ASD on Saturday doing a TLS meet-up? Just wondering.


I'm in although...

i dont know the appropriate way to go about this, ive never been to the school, and i dont know what you look like. Oh, wait, lets order t-shirts!

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:57 pm

szb5058 wrote:
30-Something wrote:Soooo, are those of us going to ASD on Saturday doing a TLS meet-up? Just wondering.


I'm in although...

i dont know the appropriate way to go about this, ive never been to the school, and i dont know what you look like. Oh, wait, lets order t-shirts!

I'm an existing student and I won't be there, but I can propose a few places:

1) Atrium
2) Cafeteria
3) Front Entrance of the law school

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm

szb5058 wrote:
30-Something wrote:Soooo, are those of us going to ASD on Saturday doing a TLS meet-up? Just wondering.


I'm in although...

i dont know the appropriate way to go about this, ive never been to the school, and i dont know what you look like. Oh, wait, lets order t-shirts!


T-Shirts are good... or we can just make the sounds of dying giraffes to find each other.

Or, per DB, we could just meet in front of the main entrance? I'll be the short girl with the hard to manage black curly hair and glasses. What time?

User avatar
hhockberger
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hhockberger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am

30-Something wrote:
szb5058 wrote:
30-Something wrote:Soooo, are those of us going to ASD on Saturday doing a TLS meet-up? Just wondering.


I'm in although...

i dont know the appropriate way to go about this, ive never been to the school, and i dont know what you look like. Oh, wait, lets order t-shirts!


T-Shirts are good... or we can just make the sounds of dying giraffes to find each other.

Or, per DB, we could just meet in front of the main entrance? I'll be the short girl with the hard to manage black curly hair and glasses. What time?


The reception starts at 9:30, so I vote 9:20? These receptions are awkward if you come alone, so I'd love to meet you guys beforehand!

I'm blonde and I'll wear a leopard print scarf so people can find me.

cgw
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cgw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 pm

So, ASD tomorrow. Does "dressy casual" preclude jeans? Between that and a wine and cheese reception, they're making me feel like I need to wear a dress to this thing.

User avatar
hhockberger
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hhockberger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 pm

cgw wrote:So, ASD tomorrow. Does "dressy casual" preclude jeans? Between that and a wine and cheese reception, they're making me feel like I need to wear a dress to this thing.


I'm thinking "jeans day at the office"?

cgw
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cgw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 pm

hhockberger wrote:
cgw wrote:So, ASD tomorrow. Does "dressy casual" preclude jeans? Between that and a wine and cheese reception, they're making me feel like I need to wear a dress to this thing.


I'm thinking "jeans day at the office"?


I've heard that that is a thing but never experienced it myself.

woolfiot
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby woolfiot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm going to ASD tomorrow too! I think meeting in front of the main entrance is a good idea.

User avatar
hhockberger
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hhockberger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:09 pm

cgw wrote:
hhockberger wrote:
cgw wrote:So, ASD tomorrow. Does "dressy casual" preclude jeans? Between that and a wine and cheese reception, they're making me feel like I need to wear a dress to this thing.


I'm thinking "jeans day at the office"?


I've heard that that is a thing but never experienced it myself.


Bus cas (Bus caz? Biz caʒ?) but nice jeans instead of dress pants generally.

cgw
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cgw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 pm

hhockberger wrote:
cgw wrote:
hhockberger wrote:
cgw wrote:So, ASD tomorrow. Does "dressy casual" preclude jeans? Between that and a wine and cheese reception, they're making me feel like I need to wear a dress to this thing.


I'm thinking "jeans day at the office"?


I've heard that that is a thing but never experienced it myself.


Bus cas (Bus caz? Biz caʒ?) but nice jeans instead of dress pants generally.


Jeans are forbidden every where I've worked, even for bus cas. I feel left out. :(

User avatar
hhockberger
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hhockberger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 pm

cgw wrote:Jeans are forbidden every where I've worked, even for bus cas. I feel left out. :(


We get maybe 2 jeans days per year, so I'm right there with ya lol

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 pm

I haven't had a dress code to follow in five years... I'm pretty sure professional wear might be my biggest challenge as a lawyer, lol.

9:20 sounds like a good time to meet. Out front, at the main entrance on 62nd, right? I have no idea what I'm wearing yet, but, I'll keep an eye out for your leopard scarf, hhock. :)

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm

No one will give a shit if you wear jeans or not. If you wear a full-on suit, people will think you're uptight. However, none of that matters as much as personality. If you raise your hand and talk like a know-it-all, then people will dislike you.

Apart from that, don't worry about it!

Also, 30-something, I personally encourage you to use these last three-four years to wear whatever you want! :D

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby szb5058 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm

hhockberger wrote:
30-Something wrote:
szb5058 wrote:
30-Something wrote:Soooo, are those of us going to ASD on Saturday doing a TLS meet-up? Just wondering.


I'm in although...

i dont know the appropriate way to go about this, ive never been to the school, and i dont know what you look like. Oh, wait, lets order t-shirts!


T-Shirts are good... or we can just make the sounds of dying giraffes to find each other.

Or, per DB, we could just meet in front of the main entrance? I'll be the short girl with the hard to manage black curly hair and glasses. What time?


The reception starts at 9:30, so I vote 9:20? These receptions are awkward if you come alone, so I'd love to meet you guys beforehand!

I'm blonde and I'll wear a leopard print scarf so people can find me.



If hhockberger doesn't wear that leopard print scarf we're doomed

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm

30-Something wrote:I haven't had a dress code to follow in five years... I'm pretty sure professional wear might be my biggest challenge as a lawyer, lol.

9:20 sounds like a good time to meet. Out front, at the main entrance on 62nd, right? I have no idea what I'm wearing yet, but, I'll keep an eye out for your leopard scarf, hhock. :)

Why don't you all meet just inside? It's warm and there are couches (if you can call them that?)

User avatar
FranielMcbrodude
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FranielMcbrodude » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm

hhockberger wrote:
30-Something wrote:
szb5058 wrote:
30-Something wrote:Soooo, are those of us going to ASD on Saturday doing a TLS meet-up? Just wondering.


I'm in although...

i dont know the appropriate way to go about this, ive never been to the school, and i dont know what you look like. Oh, wait, lets order t-shirts!


T-Shirts are good... or we can just make the sounds of dying giraffes to find each other.

Or, per DB, we could just meet in front of the main entrance? I'll be the short girl with the hard to manage black curly hair and glasses. What time?


The reception starts at 9:30, so I vote 9:20? These receptions are awkward if you come alone, so I'd love to meet you guys beforehand!

I'm blonde and I'll wear a leopard print scarf so people can find me.



Inviting myself to this meet up. I'm a redhead and I'll be wearing purple.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Received a spiral notebook today, the Admitted Students Guide 2013. Will flip through later this evening.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 4 guests