Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 pm

jbates14 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
jbates14 wrote:I should be applying within the next 2 weeks, just need to finish my PS and hopefully get a boost from my october LSAT. As of right now, I will be applying with a 163/3.4X. Do I have any shot with these numbers or will I need a boost on my LSAT?

Assuming the rest of your app is bland straight-forward, your numbers are both below median abut above 25%, meaning you have a decent chance, but you're a below average candidate.

Good luck


Thanks for the response...I pretty much assumed that I would likely get waitlisted and my best option is to improve my lsat


That is your best option.....

More realistically than a WL, you may hear nothing at all until the end of the cycle. That happened to a bunch of people last year at a LOT of schools, Fordham included. It is kind of a soft WL of sorts. ie, we like him but lets wait and see. If you have super numbers or numbers they don't want you will hear back pretty fast....

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 pm

JCFindley wrote:More realistically than a WL, you may hear nothing at all until the end of the cycle. That happened to a bunch of people last year at a LOT of schools, Fordham included. It is kind of a soft WL of sorts. ie, we like him but lets wait and see. If you have super numbers or numbers they don't want you will hear back pretty fast....
Too true. I was borderline at a couple of schools that didn't let me know until May (one of which was a waitlist notification), whereas schools where I clearly had superior numbers* I heard pretty darn fast

*(I also had/have excellent softs, but that's irrelevant to this conversation)

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Manhattanman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:59 am

My status checker now has slots (or rows) for first deposit and full deposit under the fees section. Pretty sure those weren't there before. Anyone have a similar change or was it there all along?

User avatar
soccer88
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby soccer88 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Manhattanman wrote:My status checker now has slots (or rows) for first deposit and full deposit under the fees section. Pretty sure those weren't there before. Anyone have a similar change or was it there all along?


+1, it's a change and it accompanied a 10/25 update.

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Manhattanman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 pm

soccer88 wrote:
Manhattanman wrote:My status checker now has slots (or rows) for first deposit and full deposit under the fees section. Pretty sure those weren't there before. Anyone have a similar change or was it there all along?


+1, it's a change and it accompanied a 10/25 update.


That's the funny thing, my complete date is still 10/12. Not sure what to make of this. Gonna take it as a positive, though.

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby zoomzoom88 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Mine has rows for deposit as well but still says m app is incomplete even though everything on the checklist is complete and my update is 10/24

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Manhattanman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:21 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:Mine has rows for deposit as well but still says m app is incomplete even though everything on the checklist is complete and my update is 10/24


Okay, not gonna read too much into it. Thanks for the info, and good luck.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby feralinfant » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:24 pm

soccer88 wrote:
Manhattanman wrote:My status checker now has slots (or rows) for first deposit and full deposit under the fees section. Pretty sure those weren't there before. Anyone have a similar change or was it there all along?


+1, it's a change and it accompanied a 10/25 update.


We thinking this is a positive indicator and that there may be news soon?

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby zoomzoom88 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:25 pm

I would think if the update is 10-25 it's good news. My numbers are way under the median so I think it means noting for me

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Manhattanman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:29 pm

feralinfant wrote:
soccer88 wrote:
Manhattanman wrote:My status checker now has slots (or rows) for first deposit and full deposit under the fees section. Pretty sure those weren't there before. Anyone have a similar change or was it there all along?


+1, it's a change and it accompanied a 10/25 update.


We thinking this is a positive indicator and that there may be news soon?


That thought just crossed my mind; I think that this is the most likely scenario.

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Last year, some people had multiple status date changes before hearing anything. Mine went complete and then was looked at twice in two days and got the nod a couple days later.

Really, you can drive yourself crazy trying to read anything at all into these online changes.

So long as you don't get a letter saying you have been dinged, you are still in the game. No news is good news but frustrating and not as good as the welcome letter email...

(IF I recall this correctly, they didn't send anyone email dings last year but people could find it on their status checker well before the snail mail arrived.)

Enjoy the insanity that little piece of info will create with the compulsive status checking......

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Manhattanman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:46 pm

JCFindley wrote:Last year, some people had multiple status date changes before hearing anything. Mine went complete and then was looked at twice in two days and got the nod a couple days later.

Really, you can drive yourself crazy trying to read anything at all into these online changes.

So long as you don't get a letter saying you have been dinged, you are still in the game. No news is good news but frustrating and not as good as the welcome letter email...

(IF I recall this correctly, they didn't send anyone email dings last year but people could find it on their status checker well before the snail mail arrived.)

Enjoy the insanity that little piece of info will create with the compulsive status checking......


party pooper

User avatar
Lookingforanswers
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Lookingforanswers » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Manhattanman wrote:
zoomzoom88 wrote:Mine has rows for deposit as well but still says m app is incomplete even though everything on the checklist is complete and my update is 10/24


Okay, not gonna read too much into it. Thanks for the info, and good luck.



Yea I wouldn't read into it. I got them when I applied last year and I was wait listed. I would recommend people follow the the Director of Admissions, Kathryn Espiritu on her twitter page, @KathrynForLaw, she lets people know when decisions gets released and she posted this yesterday:

"Took a sneak peek at our application pool today...file reading period is right around the corner!"

Best of luck to everyone!

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby feralinfant » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Lookingforanswers wrote:
Yea I wouldn't read into it. I got them when I applied last year and I was wait listed. I would recommend people follow the the Director of Admissions, Kathryn Espiritu on her twitter page, @KathrynForLaw, she lets people know when decisions gets released and she posted this yesterday:

"Took a sneak peek at our application pool today...file reading period is right around the corner!"

Best of luck to everyone!


bummer.

User avatar
Fujin11
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:18 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Fujin11 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 pm

JCFindley wrote:
dingbat wrote:
JCFindley wrote: Dread Scott, Slavery.

It's "Dred Scot". Slacker.



Yupp, I would in fact be the slacker DB refered too. If not, I should be.

Speling does'nt counte on examinasion greads......

:D


If you're a slacker I've got no hope....

Anyway, I'm here so I might as well be helpful. For those of you who are asking about turn around time. I submitted my app some time in late november/early December and I was accepted on January 19 also take into account my numbers imply that I have no business being at this school.

I'm in the part time program and I work full time so if anyone has any question about what that life is like, shot them my way.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dproduct » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Checking in. Submitting tonight. Good luck all!

User avatar
Fujin11
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:18 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Fujin11 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 am

dproduct wrote:Checking in. Submitting tonight. Good luck all!



Good Luck

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 am

Checking in: how did everyone fare through Sandy? Hope you are all well and are not homeless!

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 pm

30-Something wrote:Checking in: how did everyone fare through Sandy? Hope you are all well and are not homeless!


Good in my part of Queens. We lost power for 28 hours so for me personally, it wasn't bad. Other areas of the city, not so good.

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:39 pm

JCFindley wrote:
30-Something wrote:Checking in: how did everyone fare through Sandy? Hope you are all well and are not homeless!


Good in my part of Queens. We lost power for 28 hours so for me personally, it wasn't bad. Other areas of the city, not so good.


Glad you're ok! I live in the Rockaways, so, I know what some people have had to deal with in this situation. Just wanted to make sure my TLSers are all ok. :)

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Mdenis1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 pm

I tried to look for employment statistics on their website but didn't find much... is fordham law a "local" school? Would it be hard for a JD graduate to work elsewhere than NYC?

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Mdenis1 wrote:I tried to look for employment statistics on their website but didn't find much... is fordham law a "local" school? Would it be hard for a JD graduate to work elsewhere than NYC?


It is not overly portable outside NYC, NJ or DC. There are in fact Fordham grads all over the US but the vast majority go into one of the three markets I listed. It is pretty much the best school outside the T-14 for NYC biglaw. (maybe Vandy or Emory would be better.)

I am sure when Dingbat gets power again he will get you some links to good employment data as that is he expertise.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WanderingPondering » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Checking in. Sending in soon.

Chances for 3.1/166? Above one median, below the other. Probably playing the waitlist game (hopefully!)

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:48 am

JCFindley wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:I tried to look for employment statistics on their website but didn't find much... is fordham law a "local" school? Would it be hard for a JD graduate to work elsewhere than NYC?


It is not overly portable outside NYC, NJ or DC. There are in fact Fordham grads all over the US but the vast majority go into one of the three markets I listed. It is pretty much the best school outside the T-14 for NYC biglaw. (maybe Vandy or Emory would be better.)

I am sure when Dingbat gets power again he will get you some links to good employment data as that is he expertise.

Fordham places better in biglaw than Emory (regardless the location)
Vandy places better overall, but whether they're better for NY is debatable.
A significant number of Fordham grads make it to California (more than DC) but most Fordham grads end up in the tri-state area (and even then, predominantly NY). Realistically, people go to Fordham to end up in NY, and employment stats bear that out, but there are alumni in 49 states (not sure about South Dakota?) and several foreign countries.

As for the storm, I'm without power, but got a generator, and enough food and fuel to last. Running low on firewood, but I've got an axe and a chainsaw...

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby zoomzoom88 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I spoke to admissions yesterday everything is on hold bc of the disaster. I'm in nj right now and it's beyond awful. I would expect many NYC schools to delay.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Automotomayor, brinicolec, BruiseWillis, christinaxcarrie, lillawyer2, ohgosh, potterotter, reydingo, wishywashy and 19 guests