Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dproduct » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:
djlmjs22 wrote:Status date changed to 12/13, went from first complete at 11/19 (I think) to 12/7 now 12/13


Same here

gmp
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby gmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Accepted just now via email!
Complete on 11/19 and updates on 12/7 and 12/10

djlmjs22
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby djlmjs22 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby skri65 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:44 pm

.
Last edited by skri65 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby edgeofthenight » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Accepted as well! Submitted 11/12, complete very shortly after (I want to say 11/15, I honestly don't remember), updated on 12/10 and e-mail this afternoon.

My numbers are both above the 75th, but figured I would post my timeline FWIW. Good luck everyone!!

EDIT: Scholarship info came in about two hours via e-mail.
Last edited by edgeofthenight on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby DaRascal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I kinda want to withdraw my app. Would it be too much to ask to get my fees refunded? I'm not pleased with how my app was handled. They never told me that the LSAT registration I cancelled well over a month ago was keeping my status incomplete and the first e-mail they sent me said that all statuses are incomplete until a preliminary review is done by the committee so I thought it was normal. I mean seriously, if they had just told me on November 5th, I would have sent them a quick e-mail telling them I cancelled my registration and I might have a decision by now. If I had never contacted them, my app might not have gone complete until early January and now I bet I won't get a decision until January and this has gotta impact $ if accepted somehow. :roll:

User avatar
RecordPlayer89
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby RecordPlayer89 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Accepted via email today. 3.4/164

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:47 pm

DaRascal wrote:Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I kinda want to withdraw my app. Would it be too much to ask to get my fees refunded? I'm not pleased with how my app was handled. They never told me that the LSAT registration I cancelled well over a month ago was keeping my status incomplete and the first e-mail they sent me said that all statuses are incomplete until a preliminary review is done by the committee so I thought it was normal. I mean seriously, if they had just told me on November 5th, I would have sent them a quick e-mail telling them I cancelled my registration and I might have a decision by now. If I had never contacted them, my app might not have gone complete until early January and now I bet I won't get a decision until January and this has gotta impact $ if accepted somehow.


No, they won't refund your fees. And chill, it's still really early in the cycle. Also, try to keep in mind that you're not entitled to a spot in their class.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby DaRascal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I just think it'd be worth it if I could get a refund because Fordham's not a good option for me. Retake is a better one lol. I just applied because I was interested to see how I'd fare with my current numbers but now that decision might be distorted because of what happened so it's not going to be useful information if I apply in a future cycle with different numbers. It's just not worth it to me to find out if I could somehow get the dough back instead lol.

Oh yeah sorry about that. Didn't want to give off an entitled vibe. It's just that for my purposes this stinks because the reason I applied to a lot of schools I wouldn't really consider attending (especially the T2's I applied to) was because I was really interested to see what kind of decisions my current numbers would yield with early November apps.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm

DaRascal wrote:I just think it'd be worth it if I could get a refund because Fordham's not a good option for me. Retake is a better one lol. I just applied because I was interested to see how I'd fare with my current numbers but now that decision might be distorted because of what happened so it's not going to be useful information if I apply in a future cycle with different numbers. It's just not worth it to me to find out if I could somehow get the dough back instead lol.

Oh yeah sorry about that. Didn't want to give off an entitled vibe. It's just that for my purposes this stinks because the reason I applied to a lot of schools I wouldn't really consider attending (especially the T2's I applied to) was because I was really interested to see what kind of decisions my current numbers would yield with early November apps.

I could write a scathing comment, but I'll be nice.
If you wasted money applying to schools you're not interested in, that's your mistake. There's an expression "a fool and his money are soon parted". You acted the fool now your money is parted.

As for not getting reviewed right away, most schools have a policy that if an app is incomplete they will not review it. Some schools treat a pending LSAT as an incomplete app, some don't. Had you done a little research into it, you could have asked them to evaluate your application on the basis of your existing score and to ignore your pending test. That's on you, not on the school.

Good luck both on the LSAT and wherever life takes you.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby DaRascal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Why write a scathing comment? Spread love, not hatred. :P

I guess it was my fault to a very very small extent for not checking in here and seeing when people submitted and went complete relative to me but the e-mail that we got that says all apps are incomplete until the committee does a preliminary review and the fact that my status checker just said "incomplete" instead of something like "incomplete because registered for a future LSAT" (e.g. Notre Dame) had me not worried about it all... until decisions started coming in. Eh oh well. Guess I'll have to eat the fees. Frustrating.

(Btw, I agree I was a bit foolish but I wanted to cast a wide net since this is my first cycle and maybe not my last so I needed to know what my numbers could do)

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 pm

DaRascal wrote:Why write a scathing comment? Spread love, not hatred. :P

I guess it was my fault to a very very small extent for not checking in here and seeing when people submitted and went complete relative to me but the e-mail that we got that says all apps are incomplete until the committee does a preliminary review and the fact that my status checker just said "incomplete" instead of something like "incomplete because registered for a future LSAT" (e.g. Notre Dame) had me not worried about it all... until decisions started coming in. Eh oh well. Guess I'll have to eat the fees. Frustrating.
Sh*t happens. You also need to remember that it's very early in the admissions cycle. Last year none of the schools I applied to had looked at my app before new year (despite being complete nice and early). I didn't hear of any regular decision going out before new year.
DaRascal wrote:(Btw, I agree I was a bit foolish but I wanted to cast a wide net since this is my first cycle and maybe not my last so I needed to know what my numbers could do)
I don't think that's foolish (necessarily, although I consider it a complete waste of money to apply to a school you have no intention of ever attending), but you can't buy a newspaper and then change your mind and ask for a refund either.

User avatar
gatorfan163287
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby gatorfan163287 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Accepted today with a 15k/year scholarship.

User avatar
FranielMcbrodude
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FranielMcbrodude » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 pm

skri65 wrote:Congrats! Complete 11/8, 11/26 update still..borderline candidate at 3.6/164


Huh. Weird. I submitted around the same time you did and haven't even gotten an update. I have the same lsat/no gpa. I wonder if my lack of grades are causing any hold up.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:50 pm

FranielMcbrodude wrote:
skri65 wrote:Congrats! Complete 11/8, 11/26 update still..borderline candidate at 3.6/164


Huh. Weird. I submitted around the same time you did and haven't even gotten an update. I have the same lsat/no gpa. I wonder if my lack of grades are causing any hold up.

international?

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sanjola » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 pm

DaRascal wrote:Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I kinda want to withdraw my app. Would it be too much to ask to get my fees refunded? I'm not pleased with how my app was handled. They never told me that the LSAT registration I cancelled well over a month ago was keeping my status incomplete and the first e-mail they sent me said that all statuses are incomplete until a preliminary review is done by the committee so I thought it was normal. I mean seriously, if they had just told me on November 5th, I would have sent them a quick e-mail telling them I cancelled my registration and I might have a decision by now. If I had never contacted them, my app might not have gone complete until early January and now I bet I won't get a decision until January and this has gotta impact $ if accepted somehow. :roll:


If memory serves me right, we are number twins and I got wait-listed. I don't know what kind of miracle you were expecting to get accepted with a scholarship, but it will be very unlikely with your current LSAT.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby DaRascal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 pm

sanjola wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I kinda want to withdraw my app. Would it be too much to ask to get my fees refunded? I'm not pleased with how my app was handled. They never told me that the LSAT registration I cancelled well over a month ago was keeping my status incomplete and the first e-mail they sent me said that all statuses are incomplete until a preliminary review is done by the committee so I thought it was normal. I mean seriously, if they had just told me on November 5th, I would have sent them a quick e-mail telling them I cancelled my registration and I might have a decision by now. If I had never contacted them, my app might not have gone complete until early January and now I bet I won't get a decision until January and this has gotta impact $ if accepted somehow. :roll:


If memory serves me right, we are number twins and I got wait-listed. I don't know what kind of miracle you were expecting to get accepted with a scholarship, but it will be very unlikely with your current LSAT.


Figured I'd be fine with URM status. Now... who knows? 8)

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sanjola » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:56 pm

URM here too. :)

What kind are you?

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby DaRascal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:02 pm

PR hbu?

User avatar
FranielMcbrodude
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FranielMcbrodude » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 pm

dingbat wrote:
FranielMcbrodude wrote:
skri65 wrote:Congrats! Complete 11/8, 11/26 update still..borderline candidate at 3.6/164


Huh. Weird. I submitted around the same time you did and haven't even gotten an update. I have the same lsat/no gpa. I wonder if my lack of grades are causing any hold up.

international?


Nope, Florida.

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby skri65 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:40 pm

FranielMcbrodude wrote:
dingbat wrote:
FranielMcbrodude wrote:
skri65 wrote:Congrats! Complete 11/8, 11/26 update still..borderline candidate at 3.6/164


Huh. Weird. I submitted around the same time you did and haven't even gotten an update. I have the same lsat/no gpa. I wonder if my lack of grades are causing any hold up.

international?


Nope, Florida.


When is your last complete date?

User avatar
FranielMcbrodude
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FranielMcbrodude » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 am

When is your last complete date?


My first and only was 11/12

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sanjola » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 am

DaRascal wrote:PR hbu?


PR isn't URM.

I'm MA.

erican09
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby erican09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:38 am

So scholarship info is coming via email? Accepted 12/10, still no word on $ :(

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 am

weeeell as someone hanging out on the waitlist whose apartment lease will expire before May and would love to hear back before then, if any admitted folks are pretty sure about withdrawing, don't wait! :mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”