Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby skri65 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm

dproduct wrote:
skri65 wrote:
alex.feuerman wrote:
skri65 wrote:3.61/164, predict me?


Are you URM or no? Either way those numbers sound like you have a decent shot.


No, I'm not URM. For what it's worth, I took LSAT 4 times, and the first was in the low 150s, the second in the high 150s...so I worry that will hurt my chances.

BC and Fordham are my top two, and it looks like I'm a complete toss-up at both. I want BU as well, but I'm a long shot there.

Not quite sure why I keep asking what my chances are, guess I'm just going to have to wait and see.


Seems like you're pretty solid at BC. You're above both medians if I'm correct.


I am exactly at medians, to the tenth of a point. Kind of in no man's land over here. I foresee a very painful and long waitlist for me.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

skri65 wrote:I am exactly at medians, to the tenth of a point. Kind of in no man's land over here. I foresee a very painful and long waitlist for me.

At least you can retake in February if you are mired in WL's

User avatar
kaf5250
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby kaf5250 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:08 pm

How long did it take from when you guys submitted to get the email with a status tracker? I submitted Sunday night and still no email =\ This is the only school that I still haven't heard from that I submitted on the same day..

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:08 pm

kaf5250 wrote:How long did it take from when you guys submitted to get the email with a status tracker? I submitted Sunday night and still no email =\ This is the only school that I still haven't heard from that I submitted on the same day..

They're still running really behind from Sandy. I submitted on Friday and still have had nothing. As long as you're LSAC complete, try not to worry.

User avatar
Lookingforanswers
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Lookingforanswers » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
kaf5250 wrote:How long did it take from when you guys submitted to get the email with a status tracker? I submitted Sunday night and still no email =\ This is the only school that I still haven't heard from that I submitted on the same day..

They're still running really behind from Sandy. I submitted on Friday and still have had nothing. As long as you're LSAC complete, try not to worry.



Even Before Sandy, it took them about 8 days to send me an email with Status tracker.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Lookingforanswers wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
kaf5250 wrote:How long did it take from when you guys submitted to get the email with a status tracker? I submitted Sunday night and still no email =\ This is the only school that I still haven't heard from that I submitted on the same day..

They're still running really behind from Sandy. I submitted on Friday and still have had nothing. As long as you're LSAC complete, try not to worry.



Even Before Sandy, it took them about 8 days to send me an email with Status tracker.


I submitted on 11/1 and still haven't received an email either, so it's safe to assume they're running behind.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Just got my status checker email. The status date is for the day I submitted my application, so for anyone who is freaking out about not getting theirs, it looks like everything is running normally and you aren't getting knocked out of line!

User avatar
kaf5250
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby kaf5250 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Just got my status checker email. The status date is for the day I submitted my application, so for anyone who is freaking out about not getting theirs, it looks like everything is running normally and you aren't getting knocked out of line!


same here!

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sanjola » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:45 am

Applied PT tonight! Good luck everyone. :)

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5690
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Easy-E » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Application is in, first of the cycle!

enigmabk
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby enigmabk » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:05 pm

emarxnj wrote:Application is in, first of the cycle!


GL!

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Joseph M. McShane, S.J., President wrote:The College Republicans, a student club at Fordham University, has invited Ann Coulter to speak on campus on November 29. The event is funded through student activity fees and is not open to the public nor the media. Student groups are allowed, and encouraged, to invite speakers who represent diverse, and sometimes unpopular, points of view, in keeping with the canons of academic freedom. Accordingly, the University will not block the College Republicans from hosting their speaker of choice on campus.

To say that I am disappointed with the judgment and maturity of the College Republicans, however, would be a tremendous understatement. There are many people who can speak to the conservative point of view with integrity and conviction, but Ms. Coulter is not among them. Her rhetoric is often hateful and needlessly provocative—more heat than light—and her message is aimed squarely at the darker side of our nature.

As members of a Jesuit institution, we are called upon to deal with one another with civility and compassion, not to sling mud and impugn the motives of those with whom we disagree or to engage in racial or social stereotyping. In the wake of several bias incidents last spring, I told the University community that I hold out great contempt for anyone who would intentionally inflict pain on another human being because of their race, gender, sexual orientation, or creed.

“Disgust” was the word I used to sum up my feelings about those incidents. Hate speech, name-calling, and incivility are completely at odds with the Jesuit ideals that have always guided and animated Fordham.

Still, to prohibit Ms. Coulter from speaking at Fordham would be to do greater violence to the academy, and to the Jesuit tradition of fearless and robust engagement. Preventing Ms. Coulter from speaking would counter one wrong with another. The old saw goes that the answer to bad speech is more speech. This is especially true at a university, and I fully expect our students, faculty, alumni, parents, and staff to voice their opposition, civilly and respectfully, and forcefully.

The College Republicans have unwittingly provided Fordham with a test of its character: do we abandon our ideals in the face of repugnant speech and seek to stifle Ms. Coulter’s (and the student organizers’) opinions, or do we use her appearance as an opportunity to prove that our ideas are better and our faith in the academy—and one another—stronger? We have chosen the latter course, confident in our community, and in the power of decency and reason to overcome hatred and prejudice.

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JCFindley » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:35 pm

dingbat wrote:
Joseph M. McShane, S.J., President wrote:The College Republicans, a student club at Fordham University, has invited Ann Coulter to speak on campus on November 29. The event is funded through student activity fees and is not open to the public nor the media. Student groups are allowed, and encouraged, to invite speakers who represent diverse, and sometimes unpopular, points of view, in keeping with the canons of academic freedom. Accordingly, the University will not block the College Republicans from hosting their speaker of choice on campus.

To say that I am disappointed with the judgment and maturity of the College Republicans, however, would be a tremendous understatement. There are many people who can speak to the conservative point of view with integrity and conviction, but Ms. Coulter is not among them. Her rhetoric is often hateful and needlessly provocative—more heat than light—and her message is aimed squarely at the darker side of our nature.

As members of a Jesuit institution, we are called upon to deal with one another with civility and compassion, not to sling mud and impugn the motives of those with whom we disagree or to engage in racial or social stereotyping. In the wake of several bias incidents last spring, I told the University community that I hold out great contempt for anyone who would intentionally inflict pain on another human being because of their race, gender, sexual orientation, or creed.

“Disgust” was the word I used to sum up my feelings about those incidents. Hate speech, name-calling, and incivility are completely at odds with the Jesuit ideals that have always guided and animated Fordham.

Still, to prohibit Ms. Coulter from speaking at Fordham would be to do greater violence to the academy, and to the Jesuit tradition of fearless and robust engagement. Preventing Ms. Coulter from speaking would counter one wrong with another. The old saw goes that the answer to bad speech is more speech. This is especially true at a university, and I fully expect our students, faculty, alumni, parents, and staff to voice their opposition, civilly and respectfully, and forcefully.

The College Republicans have unwittingly provided Fordham with a test of its character: do we abandon our ideals in the face of repugnant speech and seek to stifle Ms. Coulter’s (and the student organizers’) opinions, or do we use her appearance as an opportunity to prove that our ideas are better and our faith in the academy—and one another—stronger? We have chosen the latter course, confident in our community, and in the power of decency and reason to overcome hatred and prejudice.


Well now, this should be interesting to say the least.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Joseph M. McShane, S.J., President wrote:Late yesterday, Fordham received word that the College Republicans, a student club at the University, has rescinded its lecture invitation to Ann Coulter.

Allow me to give credit where it is due: the leadership of the College Republicans acted quickly, took responsibility for their decisions, and expressed their regrets sincerely and eloquently. Most gratifying, I believe, is that they framed their decision in light of Fordham’s mission and values. There can be no finer testament to the value of a Fordham education and the caliber of our students.

Yesterday I wrote that the College Republicans provided Fordham with a test of its character. They, the University community, and our extended Fordham family passed the test with flying colors, engaging in impassioned but overwhelmingly civil debate on politics, academic freedom, and freedom of speech.

We can all be proud of Fordham today, and I am proud to serve you.

User avatar
bettercallsaul91
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 pm

dingbat wrote:
Joseph M. McShane, S.J., President wrote:Late yesterday, Fordham received word that the College Republicans, a student club at the University, has rescinded its lecture invitation to Ann Coulter.

Allow me to give credit where it is due: the leadership of the College Republicans acted quickly, took responsibility for their decisions, and expressed their regrets sincerely and eloquently. Most gratifying, I believe, is that they framed their decision in light of Fordham’s mission and values. There can be no finer testament to the value of a Fordham education and the caliber of our students.

Yesterday I wrote that the College Republicans provided Fordham with a test of its character. They, the University community, and our extended Fordham family passed the test with flying colors, engaging in impassioned but overwhelmingly civil debate on politics, academic freedom, and freedom of speech.

We can all be proud of Fordham today, and I am proud to serve you.


Relief. My love for Fordham has grown.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:11 pm

My status still says my app is incomplete, 11/8, but my fee, personal statement, and resume are listed there. Does that just mean they're still verifying the rest of the documents?

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5690
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Easy-E » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:40 am

Mines complete, current status date is 11/13. Has anyone received an admit yet? Or just those way above medians?

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 am

emarxnj wrote:Mines complete, current status date is 11/13. Has anyone received an admit yet? Or just those way above medians?

Unless you're early action, it's highly unlikely to hear back before new year, even if way above median

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5690
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Easy-E » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 am

dingbat wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Mines complete, current status date is 11/13. Has anyone received an admit yet? Or just those way above medians?

Unless you're early action, it's highly unlikely to hear back before new year, even if way above median


Let the waiting game commence.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 am

Before your ninja edit, I was going to say that those look like people who don't know how to fill out LSN profiles.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5690
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Easy-E » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Before your ninja edit, I was going to say that those look like people who don't know how to fill out LSN profiles.



Haha yeah, I took a harder look and realized the dates made no sense.

Also, your 'tar is going to get me through my workday.

kjones0127
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby kjones0127 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:03 pm

"Application complete."

I wonder when they send out their first batch of acceptances.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dingbat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 pm

kjones0127 wrote:"Application complete."

I wonder when they send out their first batch of acceptances.

I heard first half of January last year and was as close to auto admit as I can imagine

kjones0127
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby kjones0127 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 pm

dingbat wrote:
kjones0127 wrote:"Application complete."

I wonder when they send out their first batch of acceptances.

I heard first half of January last year and was as close to auto admit as I can imagine


Perfect! Thank you for that. I'm trying to pretend to forget about my schools so time will fly by faster.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ph5354a » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 pm

As as an FYI, if anyone is taking the December LSAT that has already submitted their app, you have to send them an email to ask them to review it with your current score, otherwise they won't review it until your December score comes in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest