Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jbates14
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jbates14 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 pm

They will still be willing to negotiate after the first deposit? I am considering fordham, but I would like more money than they offered. I haven't tried negotiating yet, but it does not look like anyone has been successful yet.

fratstar
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fratstar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm

Is the Fordham median LSAT 164 or 165 ? the only reason I ask this is because http://law.fordham.edu/career-planning/1410.htm says 50% at 164 while all other materials say 165...maybe 50% is different than median ? feel free to berate me if it's a silly question.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby teiswei » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 pm

fratstar wrote:Is the Fordham median LSAT 164 or 165 ? the only reason I ask this is because http://law.fordham.edu/career-planning/1410.htm says 50% at 164 while all other materials say 165...maybe 50% is different than median ? feel free to berate me if it's a silly question.

According to US News:
Image

CR2012
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:27 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CR2012 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 am

Hey all,

Any idea if I could use an acceptance to Cornell as leverage to increase my scholly? Just curious, as Fordham apparently stonewalls in scholarship "negotiations".

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WanderingPondering » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 am

In off the WL, full time. No scholarship info...

ultrasajid
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ultrasajid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 am

Congrats! What were your dates? Any LOCIs or updated LORs or anything?

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby NewYorkL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:18 pm

ArizonaSecrets wrote:I went complete on 2/9 and just went complete again today 3/18.

Hmmmm....



Went complete 2/11 and went complete again today 3/20.

Interesting.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WanderingPondering » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:24 pm

ultrasajid wrote:Congrats! What were your dates? Any LOCIs or updated LORs or anything?



Nope none of that. Applied in November. Honestly won't be attending unless I get a really good scholarship offer, which I don't anticipate given my numbers. just too expensive for my pockets.

User avatar
StLNE
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby StLNE » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Is anyone else going to the April ASD?

ghostowl
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ghostowl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 am

Hey guys, if I want to negotiate scholarship, which email do I send it to?

the admitted students email or the financial aid office?

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 am

StLNE wrote:Is anyone else going to the April ASD?


I went in March. If you live in the area, i'd go. It was pretty interesting and very informative. However, i don't know if it would be worth it if you had to miss work and paty for a hotel.

totalgleek
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby totalgleek » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 am

jbates14 wrote:They will still be willing to negotiate after the first deposit? I am considering fordham, but I would like more money than they offered. I haven't tried negotiating yet, but it does not look like anyone has been successful yet.


Omygosh THANK YOU. can someone please address this? ive heard rumors that you can pull this kind of shit or even not deposit on time then get back to them a week later and say srry changed my mind and theyll take you bc it protects their yield.

im a splitter and with the way things are going i dont anticipate hearing from all my schools before april 1st. which obviously makes it really hard to negotiate with fordham before their deposit's due.

does ANYONE know if you can negotiate after the first deposit??
if yes, this might seriously save my ass (and some cash!)

njpark
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby njpark » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:47 am

I just received a scholarship offer of $5000/yr for four years (PT program).

I know that's not much money, but I'm shocked I was offered anything at all considering I was accepted off the waitlist a few days ago and I don't really consider my numbers strong.

User avatar
guano
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby guano » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:39 am

njpark wrote:I just received a scholarship offer of $5000/yr for four years (PT program).

I know that's not much money, but I'm shocked I was offered anything at all considering I was accepted off the waitlist a few days ago and I don't really consider my numbers strong.

And financial aid for part time is very rare

User avatar
StLNE
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby StLNE » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
StLNE wrote:Is anyone else going to the April ASD?


I went in March. If you live in the area, i'd go. It was pretty interesting and very informative. However, i don't know if it would be worth it if you had to miss work and paty for a hotel.



tbh, it's a good excuse for me to get out of the midwest for a weekend and I have a place to stay. I'm mostly just interested in seeing the campus and getting a feel for the school. Any parts of the ASD you'd consider "can't miss?"

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:02 am

totalgleek wrote:
jbates14 wrote:They will still be willing to negotiate after the first deposit? I am considering fordham, but I would like more money than they offered. I haven't tried negotiating yet, but it does not look like anyone has been successful yet.


Omygosh THANK YOU. can someone please address this? ive heard rumors that you can pull this kind of shit or even not deposit on time then get back to them a week later and say srry changed my mind and theyll take you bc it protects their yield.

im a splitter and with the way things are going i dont anticipate hearing from all my schools before april 1st. which obviously makes it really hard to negotiate with fordham before their deposit's due.

does ANYONE know if you can negotiate after the first deposit??
if yes, this might seriously save my ass (and some cash!)


As you can see a few pages back, I tried to negotiate and failed. My hope is that we don't lose the upper hand once we do deposit. I am likely going to deposit in multiple places and will try to play the field that way. I am sure that after the first seat deposit, more money will free up and maybe they'll shower it on us.
Last edited by T20hopeful89 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
szb5058
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby szb5058 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:20 am

ghostowl wrote:Hey guys, if I want to negotiate scholarship, which email do I send it to?

the admitted students email or the financial aid office?


Always negotiate with admissions, they tell financial aid what to do. At least, that's the advice I have been given over and over again. Goodluck! They increased my scholly from 20 to 25 a year after I sent a pretty detailed e-mail.

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:09 pm

szb5058 wrote:
ghostowl wrote:Hey guys, if I want to negotiate scholarship, which email do I send it to?

the admitted students email or the financial aid office?


Always negotiate with admissions, they tell financial aid what to do. At least, that's the advice I have been given over and over again. Goodluck! They increased my scholly from 20 to 25 a year after I sent a pretty detailed e-mail.



It actually makes no difference to whom you send it - the way scholarship decisions are made, at least at fordham, is through a meeting with dean brown AND financial aid. They decide together. So, if you send the appeal to either one, it ends up in the same place.

User avatar
PinkLemonade
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby PinkLemonade » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:31 pm

guano wrote:
njpark wrote:I just received a scholarship offer of $5000/yr for four years (PT program).

I know that's not much money, but I'm shocked I was offered anything at all considering I was accepted off the waitlist a few days ago and I don't really consider my numbers strong.

And financial aid for part time is very rare


Nice! I'm hoping I get this njpark

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby NewYorkL » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Waitlisted.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:56 pm

NewYorkL wrote:Waitlisted.


Join in. It's a fun list.

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby NewYorkL » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:57 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
NewYorkL wrote:Waitlisted.


Join in. It's a fun list.



With pleasure :D

Melo723
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Melo723 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey guys, if I was admitted a little over a week ago and haven't received a merit aid notification by now, should I assume I won't be getting any? :(

User avatar
baddabing27
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby baddabing27 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
NewYorkL wrote:
Waitlisted.


Join in. It's a fun list.



With pleasure


Waitlisted as well! Let the waiting game commence!

vindicated32004
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby vindicated32004 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:18 am

For all you waitlisters, what are your numbers like?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests