Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
guano
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby guano » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Anyone knows if the new building is set to be opened before next fall?



They said that it's going to open in September 2014 (aka next fall) at ASD.


Are you sure? I kept hearing "opening in 2014." I don't remember who it was, but a couple of staff members that mentioned it said it could be as early as winter/spring 2014.

no, the goal is for it to open for the new school year, so September 2014

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 am

guano wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Anyone knows if the new building is set to be opened before next fall?



They said that it's going to open in September 2014 (aka next fall) at ASD.


Are you sure? I kept hearing "opening in 2014." I don't remember who it was, but a couple of staff members that mentioned it said it could be as early as winter/spring 2014.

no, the goal is for it to open for the new school year, so September 2014


Do you mean sept '13?

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby T20hopeful89 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 am

Are you sure? I kept hearing "opening in 2014." I don't remember who it was, but a couple of staff members that mentioned it said it could be as early as winter/spring 2014.[/quote]
no, the goal is for it to open for the new school year, so September 2014[/quote]


I remember them saying that it would be our 2L year, so that would be fall 2014, but not so important either way. will be sometime in 2014, clearly.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 am

T20hopeful89 wrote:Are you sure? I kept hearing "opening in 2014." I don't remember who it was, but a couple of staff members that mentioned it said it could be as early as winter/spring 2014.

no, the goal is for it to open for the new school year, so September 2014[/quote]


I remember them saying that it would be our 2L year, so that would be fall 2014, but not so important either way. will be sometime in 2014, clearly.[/quote]

Oh, I thought it'll happen this coming fall.
Shame

aresdude
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby aresdude » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm

I was received exactly a week ago and still haven't gone complete. Should it take this long or should I bother them?

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 30-Something » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:53 pm

aresdude wrote:I was received exactly a week ago and still haven't gone complete. Should it take this long or should I bother them?


I'd wait a bit longer. They just finished another ASD. And with their deadline comes an influx of apps so I'm sure they're inundated at the moment.

aresdude
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby aresdude » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:09 pm

30-Something wrote:
aresdude wrote:I was received exactly a week ago and still haven't gone complete. Should it take this long or should I bother them?


I'd wait a bit longer. They just finished another ASD. And with their deadline comes an influx of apps so I'm sure they're inundated at the moment.



thanks just went complete 2 seconds ago!

edit: unlikely, but perhaps someone read that forum post at Fordham and made me complete :).

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby anteater1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Withdrew. Good luck guys.

User avatar
ffoxes
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ffoxes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:59 pm

PinkLemonade wrote:
qfjd10 wrote:
baddabing27 wrote:Not to take this in another direction - but is anyone still waiting on a decision? I haven't had an update since 2/27 for PT...


Yeah, complete on 2/5 and no movement since. Also PT

+1 but my update is 2/27 PT



Same boat, no movement since 2/13, PT. Getting anxious.

qfjd10
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:09 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby qfjd10 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:26 pm

ffoxes wrote:
PinkLemonade wrote:
qfjd10 wrote:
baddabing27 wrote:Not to take this in another direction - but is anyone still waiting on a decision? I haven't had an update since 2/27 for PT...


Yeah, complete on 2/5 and no movement since. Also PT

+1 but my update is 2/27 PT



Same boat, no movement since 2/13, PT. Getting anxious.



I had my first update since 2/5 today. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Fordham is definitely my number one choice, but at this point it would be a relief just to have a decision. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting too!

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Manhattanman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Anyone going to the NYC Reception tomorrow?

User avatar
ffoxes
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ffoxes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 am

qfjd10 wrote:

I had my first update since 2/5 today. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Fordham is definitely my number one choice, but at this point it would be a relief just to have a decision. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting too!


qfjd10 - FT or PT?

qfjd10
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:09 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby qfjd10 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:14 am

ffoxes wrote:
qfjd10 wrote:

I had my first update since 2/5 today. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Fordham is definitely my number one choice, but at this point it would be a relief just to have a decision. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting too!


qfjd10 - FT or PT?


PT

User avatar
CaptainLeela
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CaptainLeela » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 am

FT update yesterday from 2/5 to 3/14. Above both medians

User avatar
baddabing27
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby baddabing27 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:47 pm

This is driving me INSANE!

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Manhattanman wrote:Anyone going to the NYC Reception tomorrow?



Was planning on it but will likely be stuck at work, unfortunately. Can you let us know how it goes???

Midnightbluedork
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Midnightbluedork » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Anyone know how generous Fordham is with need based aid? Anyone receive anything?

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JesusChrist » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 am

WL>Accepted, and just got an email for a 10k/year scholarship.

I definitely think Fordham is having some difficulty hitting their medians. For no other reason than because I don't think I've shown particular interest in them. Will probably withdraw shortly. Good luck to everyone else.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby SteelPenguin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:17 pm

JesusChrist wrote:WL>Accepted, and just got an email for a 10k/year scholarship.

I definitely think Fordham is having some difficulty hitting their medians. For no other reason than because I don't think I've shown particular interest in them. Will probably withdraw shortly. Good luck to everyone else.


Well they are cutting class size by around 40-50, so you're probably right.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JayJones78 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:20 pm

JesusChrist wrote:WL>Accepted, and just got an email for a 10k/year scholarship.

I definitely think Fordham is having some difficulty hitting their medians. For no other reason than because I don't think I've shown particular interest in them. Will probably withdraw shortly. Good luck to everyone else.


JC when were you initially WL?

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sanjola » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:23 pm

JesusChrist wrote:WL>Accepted, and just got an email for a 10k/year scholarship.

I definitely think Fordham is having some difficulty hitting their medians. For no other reason than because I don't think I've shown particular interest in them. Will probably withdraw shortly. Good luck to everyone else.


Would you mind send me your numbers in a PM? I'm also on the wait list. Did you do anything at all to show interest?

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JesusChrist » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:47 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:WL>Accepted, and just got an email for a 10k/year scholarship.

I definitely think Fordham is having some difficulty hitting their medians. For no other reason than because I don't think I've shown particular interest in them. Will probably withdraw shortly. Good luck to everyone else.


JC when were you initially WL?



Pretty early on. I was actually a little surprised that they so quickly decided they didn't want me in their class. Applied late Nov (I think) and was probably WL Late Dec or Jan.

User avatar
baddabing27
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby baddabing27 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 am

I assume the above post is for FT? I still haven't heard a decision on PT, and the FT kids are getting in off the wait-list already?

Pretty frustrating as Fordham is my #1

ArizonaSecrets
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ArizonaSecrets » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:06 pm

I went complete on 2/9 and just went complete again today 3/18.

Hmmmm....

User avatar
PinkLemonade
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Fordham c/o 2016/17 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby PinkLemonade » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm PT and I got a status update today.
Applied 1/20, updated 1/23, 2/27, 3/18




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, ellielaw, JazzyMac, lonola, mccracal, Mlk&Ckies, Nickel94, nslaw123, pillowsoftcurls, potterotter, ReadyToStart, sonyco, Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests