Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
goden
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby goden » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:10 pm

shntn wrote:In.

Congrats dude.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:10 pm

goden wrote:
shntn wrote:In.

Congrats dude.

Thanks! NU is far and away my favorite so far. :mrgreen:

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby letitloose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

shntn wrote:
goden wrote:
shntn wrote:In.

Congrats dude.

Thanks! NU is far and away my favorite so far. :mrgreen:

Congrats! Very jealous :)

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
feralinfant wrote:held over to RD. :(

My prediction powers are proving potent, feral. You will be in by January 6th.


thanks sunny. It was dumb to have my hopes up so much. I guess i was just hoping they'd be like you can't have the money but what the hell, i guess we'll let you in. oh joy. more weeks of fretting.

congrats to all who got in.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby M458 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

shntn wrote:
goden wrote:
shntn wrote:In.

Congrats dude.

Thanks! NU is far and away my favorite so far. :mrgreen:


Hope we end up being classmates :) Congrats!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 pm

feralinfant wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
feralinfant wrote:held over to RD. :(

My prediction powers are proving potent, feral. You will be in by January 6th.


thanks sunny. It was dumb to have my hopes up so much. I guess i was just hoping they'd be like you can't have the money but what the hell, i guess we'll let you in. oh joy. more weeks of fretting.

congrats to all who got in.

You'll get it, bro. Just hang in there. I definitely see an RD acceptance in your future.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 pm

feralinfant wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
feralinfant wrote:held over to RD. :(

My prediction powers are proving potent, feral. You will be in by January 6th.


thanks sunny. It was dumb to have my hopes up so much. I guess i was just hoping they'd be like you can't have the money but what the hell, i guess we'll let you in. oh joy. more weeks of fretting.

congrats to all who got in.

FWIW, and I may be wrong, but I don't remember any ED applicants who were just straight-up accepted RD without getting rolled into RD first.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 pm

shntn wrote:In.


Image

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:FWIW, and I may be wrong, but I don't remember any ED applicants who were just straight-up accepted RD without getting rolled into RD first.


this is highly encouraging.

shntn wrote:You'll get it, bro. Just hang in there. I definitely see an RD acceptance in your future.


thanks man.

i hope my instant response to the survey saying i want to be considered doesn't make me look desperate. Perhaps i should be a little more coy with the all-powerful johann. :D

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:22 pm

feralinfant wrote: i hope my instant response to the survey saying i want to be considered doesn't make me look desperate. Perhaps i should be a little more coy with the all-powerful johann. :D

Screw coy, be enthusiastic!

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm

shntn wrote:
feralinfant wrote: i hope my instant response to the survey saying i want to be considered doesn't make me look desperate. Perhaps i should be a little more coy with the all-powerful johann. :D

Screw coy, be enthusiastic!

+1

Also, you ED'd there. They're going to definitely give that some thought when they're reevaluating you.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:24 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
shntn wrote:
feralinfant wrote: i hope my instant response to the survey saying i want to be considered doesn't make me look desperate. Perhaps i should be a little more coy with the all-powerful johann. :D

Screw coy, be enthusiastic!

+1

Also, you ED'd there. They're going to definitely give that some thought when they're reevaluating you.

Real talk. ED means commitment, so you basically already have a very compelling "Why NU?" in your file.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helix23 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:37 pm

shntn wrote:In.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:38 pm

helix23 wrote:
shntn wrote:In.

Congrats, good sir!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helix23 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:38 pm

shntn wrote:
helix23 wrote:
shntn wrote:In.

Congrats, good sir!


Thanks dawg! Same to you.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18406
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby bk1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Congrats admits!

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 pm

helix23 wrote:
shntn wrote:
helix23 wrote:
shntn wrote:In.

Congrats, good sir!


Thanks dawg! Same to you.


IN as well!!! I hope its not too soon to ask, but did anyone hear about any $/scholarship information? Or does that all come later? For me this cycle so far its usually been a phone call where they just tell me up front.

Congrats to all the other admits!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 pm

jbagelboy wrote:IN as well!!! I hope its not too soon to ask, but did anyone hear about any $/scholarship information? Or does that all come later? For me this cycle so far its usually been a phone call where they just tell me up front.

Congrats to all the other admits!

That comes later, I think.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 pm

so i admittedly got up at 6 am and have been driving all day. But that was was exhausting.

Hopefully only have to do it one more time. Also this wine is making me feel better. Cheers to all the admits.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm

feralinfant wrote:so i admittedly got up at 6 am and have been driving all day. But that was was exhausting.

Hopefully only have to do it one more time. Also this wine is making me feel better. Cheers to all the admits.

Wine does that, doesn't it?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 pm

jbagelboy wrote:IN as well!!! I hope its not too soon to ask, but did anyone hear about any $/scholarship information? Or does that all come later? For me this cycle so far its usually been a phone call where they just tell me up front.

Congrats to all the other admits!
lol, you ain't hearing about scholarships for a while, sport.
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... onaid/aid/

You'll need to fill out NeedAccess (have fun with that), FAFSA, and NU's supplemental scholarship app. Last year it was 2 brief essay questions.

Then they start handing money out in, like, mid-March.

NeedAccess SUCKS. NU doesn't require parental info, which makes it a lot easier, but it's still about 10x the pain in the ass that FAFSA is.

SGrant723
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby SGrant723 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Congratulations to all the admits! I was also put on held. Feral, I'll keep rooting for you also! Here's hoping all of us held individuals hear back soon and get a chance to go to Northwestern!

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby nsideirish » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Mine still says decision available in 24 hours. :evil:

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby kuttlefish » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Congrats to all! I'm still stuck in 24-hour purgatory. At this point, I'm thinking just hurry up and crush my dreams already...
http://youtu.be/Hz64hWng2vM

I just ordered some deep dish, so maybe that'll give me some good mojo.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:09 pm

nsideirish wrote:Mine still says decision available in 24 hours. :evil:

Are you going to the right page? There's a link at the top of the status checker page (after you log in) that will show your decision letter when it's available.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, liuwenyu, Long shot hero, MSNbot Media, proteinshake, sonyco, SweetTort and 20 guests