Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 am

teiswei wrote:
feralinfant wrote:Just arrived in Chicago on the lakeshore limited. It's a bad idea to go into the admissions office on three hours of sleep and outright supplicate myself right? Right?


Lakeshore limited? You are such a tourist :P


? It's just the name of the train from Boston/new York. Though I do think I'm going to do some of the tourist things I've never done this trip.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby teiswei » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 am

feralinfant wrote:
teiswei wrote:
feralinfant wrote:Just arrived in Chicago on the lakeshore limited. It's a bad idea to go into the admissions office on three hours of sleep and outright supplicate myself right? Right?


Lakeshore limited? You are such a tourist :P


? It's just the name of the train from Boston/new York. Though I do think I'm going to do some of the tourist things I've never done this trip.


I thought you were referencing Lakeshore Drive.

The skydeck at Sears is pretty sweet if you haven't done it. Pricey but something you can say you've done. You can also do drinks at the top of Hancock which is a 5 minute walk from NU Law. What others are you considering?

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:42 pm

I think the Hancock is on the list but other than that I'm not sure. I have a friends who moved here and still hasn't done this stuff so I agreed to do it. Just along for the ride.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby teiswei » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:49 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).


Perhaps the full scholly offer with ED Acceptance? Knowing this, I know admissions standards will be higher in ED than RD.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm

teiswei wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).


Perhaps the full scholly offer with ED Acceptance? Knowing this, I know admissions standards will be higher in ED than RD.


That's what I mean. Where are the candidates with higher numbers who would be competitive for the scholly? I only see one or two on LSN

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby teiswei » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
teiswei wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).


Perhaps the full scholly offer with ED Acceptance? Knowing this, I know admissions standards will be higher in ED than RD.


That's what I mean. Where are the candidates with higher numbers who would be competitive for the scholly? I only see one or two on LSN


Hoping to get in at HYS...

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby onionz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).


Well no decisions have come out yet so they're still taking the time review them it seems.

I just think it's probably a small pool of people who have the credentials to get in ED (171/172 +, 3.5/3.6+) and also are sure they really wanna go to NU. Especially in a down year (apps have fallen another 24% so far this year). So most people who apply for it probably are doing it for the money and have no chance.

As I stated before in the thread, while I think overall it's probably a good idea on their part (I bet they keep it at least another year to see how a few cycles worth of data compare) it does make things more complicated. I'm a strong splitter, probably the type they would have accepted ED in years past before the scholarship. I applied ED anyway, but now have to convince them I'm really only interested in the school and the money is only a side benefit. It obfuscates the signaling mechanism of an ED app somewhat.

That said, I did not make my app as ED on LSN- I will after the cycle- so maybe others are also doing the same.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

teiswei wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
teiswei wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).


Perhaps the full scholly offer with ED Acceptance? Knowing this, I know admissions standards will be higher in ED than RD.


That's what I mean. Where are the candidates with higher numbers who would be competitive for the scholly? I only see one or two on LSN


Hoping to get in at HYS...

Honestly I love NU and would take it over H or S for any reasonable scholly.

HINT HINT

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby onionz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm

onionz wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).


Well no decisions have come out yet so they're still taking the time review them it seems.

I just think it's probably a small pool of people who have the credentials to get in ED (171/172 +, 3.5/3.6+) and also are sure they really wanna go to NU. Especially in a down year (apps have fallen another 24% so far this year). So most people who apply for it probably are doing it for the money and have no chance.

As I stated before in the thread, while I think overall it's probably a good idea on their part (I bet they keep it at least another year to see how a few cycles worth of data compare) it does make things more complicated. I'm a strong splitter, probably the type they would have accepted ED in years past before the scholarship. I applied ED anyway, but now have to convince them I'm really only interested in the school and the money is only a side benefit. It obfuscates the signaling mechanism of an ED app somewhat.

That said, I did not make my app as ED on LSN- I will after the cycle- so maybe others are also doing the same.


Also- they don't really advertise it really heavily at all, so there may still be people who don't know about it.

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby kuttlefish » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:16 pm

onionz wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Are there a bunch of ED'ers with hidden profiles on LSN? The pool looks incredibly weak (no offense to anyone here).


Well no decisions have come out yet so they're still taking the time review them it seems.

I just think it's probably a small pool of people who have the credentials to get in ED (171/172 +, 3.5/3.6+) and also are sure they really wanna go to NU. Especially in a down year (apps have fallen another 24% so far this year). So most people who apply for it probably are doing it for the money and have no chance.

As I stated before in the thread, while I think overall it's probably a good idea on their part (I bet they keep it at least another year to see how a few cycles worth of data compare) it does make things more complicated. I'm a strong splitter, probably the type they would have accepted ED in years past before the scholarship. I applied ED anyway, but now have to convince them I'm really only interested in the school and the money is only a side benefit. It obfuscates the signaling mechanism of an ED app somewhat.

That said, I did not make my app as ED on LSN- I will after the cycle- so maybe others are also doing the same.



+1 I'm a strong splitter, and I know I have no chance at the scholarship. Even though it makes things a little more complicated, I applied ED anyway. I'd rather be "that pushy splitter who really wants to come here" than "who?"

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 pm

kuttlefish wrote:
+1 I'm a strong splitter, and I know I have no chance at the scholarship. Even though it makes things a little more complicated, I applied ED anyway. I'd rather be "that pushy splitter who really wants to come here" than "who?"


Lol. My plan as well. That's why it's so dumb for me to be eager for the ED acceptances since I know I'll get rolled over but I can't help it.

Eta: I'm not sure if qualify myself as a "strong splitter" though. [curses first two years of college]

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:20 pm

feralinfant wrote:
kuttlefish wrote:
+1 I'm a strong splitter, and I know I have no chance at the scholarship. Even though it makes things a little more complicated, I applied ED anyway. I'd rather be "that pushy splitter who really wants to come here" than "who?"


Lol. My plan as well. That's why it's so dumb for me to be eager for the ED acceptances since I know I'll get rolled over but I can't help it.

Eta: I'm not sure if qualify myself as a "strong splitter" though. [curses first two years of college]

You got waitlisted at Fordham? One more reason for me to hate Fordham and refuse to apply!

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby danitt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
feralinfant wrote:
kuttlefish wrote:
+1 I'm a strong splitter, and I know I have no chance at the scholarship. Even though it makes things a little more complicated, I applied ED anyway. I'd rather be "that pushy splitter who really wants to come here" than "who?"


Lol. My plan as well. That's why it's so dumb for me to be eager for the ED acceptances since I know I'll get rolled over but I can't help it.

Eta: I'm not sure if qualify myself as a "strong splitter" though. [curses first two years of college]

You got waitlisted at Fordham? One more reason for me to hate Fordham and refuse to apply!

Were schools always this GPA centric?

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby kuttlefish » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:36 pm

feralinfant wrote:
kuttlefish wrote:
+1 I'm a strong splitter, and I know I have no chance at the scholarship. Even though it makes things a little more complicated, I applied ED anyway. I'd rather be "that pushy splitter who really wants to come here" than "who?"


Lol. My plan as well. That's why it's so dumb for me to be eager for the ED acceptances since I know I'll get rolled over but I can't help it.

Eta: I'm not sure if qualify myself as a "strong splitter" though. [curses first two years of college]


FWIW, I'm 2.72/169 with 9 years of WE. I said "strong" because of the large discrepancy. Not "strong" like my LSAT is going to blow NU out of the water with its awesome power... maybe I should have said "heavy splitter."

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby 06102016 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:54 pm

..

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:55 pm

slack_academic wrote:The popular term is "extreme splitter."

:|

I'm tempted to get this tattooed somewhere after this is all said and done.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby spyke123 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm

did anyone get accepted yet? (sorry.. new to the thread..)

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby teiswei » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:34 pm

spyke123 wrote:did anyone get accepted yet? (sorry.. new to the thread..)


no

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby kuttlefish » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
slack_academic wrote:The popular term is "extreme splitter."

:|

I'm tempted to get this tattooed somewhere after this is all said and done.


:lol: If I saw that as a tramp-stamp in an Olde English Calligraphy font, I'd probably hit it just for the bragging rights story.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby M458 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:07 am

Anyone else have a split second of excitement when the Northeastern thread is at the top of the page and you end up misreading it and thinking that NU has finally released decisions?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 am

M458 wrote:Anyone else have a split second of excitement when the Northeastern thread is at the top of the page and you end up misreading it and thinking that NU has finally released decisions?

Nope. I only view my own posts so that never shows up.

Also, speaking of making this thread come up at the top of the page and having people think decisions might be dropping...

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby amsong » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 am

I had my off-campus interview this morning. My interviewer was awesome. I was there for about 40 minutes, and a lot of it was just chatting about why Northwestern was awesome and why I should go there.

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby lgleye » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm

.
Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby 06102016 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm

..
Last edited by 06102016 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”