Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Daft
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Daft » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 pm

They release another batch of decisions? And not in it again :(

User avatar
DukeofCambridge
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DukeofCambridge » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Daft wrote:They release another batch of decisions? And not in it again :(



It's only 1:00 PM in Chicagoland, still plenty of time.

Daft
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Daft » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 pm

I would assume they do it all at once to upload into DLS system

User avatar
DukeofCambridge
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DukeofCambridge » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Perhaps, but then again, I wouldn't expect them to send out decisions before the deadline has passed. I think the next big batch is going to be on Tuesday of next week.

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby andreskicdo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 pm

DukeofCambridge wrote:andreskicdo: did you just get in? If so, it seems they're sending out decisions today ...

Meanwhile, the 2 year JD applicants still haven't heard anything.


Yeah just got the email this morning.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby TripTrip » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:54 pm

DukeofCambridge wrote:Perhaps, but then again, I wouldn't expect them to send out decisions before the deadline has passed. I think the next big batch is going to be on Tuesday of next week.

Eh, most of us who weren't going to accept didn't wait until the actual deadline this afternoon to withdraw. We're nicer than that.

Economist Erik
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Economist Erik » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi all,
I was admitted to the JD-PhD program, but I haven't gotten any emails since my acceptance. I wasn't notified about ASW, for example. Have those of you who've been admitted been getting regular emails? I'm worried that the rest of you are receiving a lot of important info that I'm not getting.

Thanky,
E

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13907
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I was admitted to the JD-PhD program, but I haven't gotten any emails since my acceptance. I wasn't notified about ASW, for example. Have those of you who've been admitted been getting regular emails? I'm worried that the rest of you are receiving a lot of important info that I'm not getting.

Thanky,
E

A better way to diagnose if you have a problem would be to call the admissions office and check what email address they have on file for you.

Economist Erik
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Economist Erik » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I was admitted to the JD-PhD program, but I haven't gotten any emails since my acceptance. I wasn't notified about ASW, for example. Have those of you who've been admitted been getting regular emails? I'm worried that the rest of you are receiving a lot of important info that I'm not getting.

Thanky,
E

A better way to diagnose if you have a problem would be to call the admissions office and check what email address they have on file for you.


Already did. They say they have it, but I'm still not getting anything.

I've also emailed IT.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13907
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Economist Erik wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I was admitted to the JD-PhD program, but I haven't gotten any emails since my acceptance. I wasn't notified about ASW, for example. Have those of you who've been admitted been getting regular emails? I'm worried that the rest of you are receiving a lot of important info that I'm not getting.

Thanky,
E

A better way to diagnose if you have a problem would be to call the admissions office and check what email address they have on file for you.


Already did. They say they have it, but I'm still not getting anything.

I've also emailed IT.
Wow, then that is pretty weird if others are getting stuff.

User avatar
pammie0415
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby pammie0415 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm guessing the decisions are going out to those who haven't received any word get? Any held ppl hear anything?

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby cookiejar1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 am

Economist Erik wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I was admitted to the JD-PhD program, but I haven't gotten any emails since my acceptance. I wasn't notified about ASW, for example. Have those of you who've been admitted been getting regular emails? I'm worried that the rest of you are receiving a lot of important info that I'm not getting.

Thanky,
E

A better way to diagnose if you have a problem would be to call the admissions office and check what email address they have on file for you.


Already did. They say they have it, but I'm still not getting anything.

I've also emailed IT.


Is it going to your junkmail / spam folder? Although you've probably already checked that.

framboozer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby framboozer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:43 pm

I ended up withdrawing and putting a 150K Wigmore back in the pot. :shock: I had a really good time at ASW and I did like the school. Had my personal situation been different, I probably would have taken the money and ran.

The TLS meet-up was fun and I didn't meet a single person who I didn't like and who wasn't informed about what they were getting themselves into with law school. Duke just made the decision easier for me by increasing my scholarship this week.

I hope the money goes to someone I met at ASW! :P

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:57 pm

framboozer wrote:I ended up withdrawing and putting a 150K Wigmore back in the pot. :shock: I had a really good time at ASW and I did like the school. Had my personal situation been different, I probably would have taken the money and ran.

The TLS meet-up was fun and I didn't meet a single person who I didn't like and who wasn't informed about what they were getting themselves into with law school. Duke just made the decision easier for me by increasing my scholarship this week.

I hope the money goes to someone I met at ASW! :P

sounds like the right move for you, GL

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:11 pm

framboozer wrote:I ended up withdrawing and putting a 150K Wigmore back in the pot. :shock: I had a really good time at ASW and I did like the school. Had my personal situation been different, I probably would have taken the money and ran.

The TLS meet-up was fun and I didn't meet a single person who I didn't like and who wasn't informed about what they were getting themselves into with law school. Duke just made the decision easier for me by increasing my scholarship this week.

I hope the money goes to someone I met at ASW! :P

Congratulations on the scholly at Duke! Glad you had a good time at ASW (:

User avatar
DukeofCambridge
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DukeofCambridge » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:22 pm

framboozer wrote:I ended up withdrawing and putting a 150K Wigmore back in the pot. :shock: I had a really good time at ASW and I did like the school. Had my personal situation been different, I probably would have taken the money and ran.

The TLS meet-up was fun and I didn't meet a single person who I didn't like and who wasn't informed about what they were getting themselves into with law school. Duke just made the decision easier for me by increasing my scholarship this week.

I hope the money goes to someone I met at ASW! :P


Congrats! Feel free to PM me if you need info re: campus/housing.

DipNote
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DipNote » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Hey team NU!

I was accepted on 3/5, but submitted my finaid info late - circa 3/27, with the Finaid office's (terse) approval. Has anyone who applied for merit aid around/after this date heard back?

Thanks!

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby HankBashir » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Hey all, 3/28 admit here (so after the first wave of scholly decisions came out), just got my award today. 75k. If it were still between NU and GULC, I'd definitely take NU, but SLS in the mix changes things a bit.

Deposit deadline is 4/19 though, so a decision will be made quickly.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm

HankBashir wrote:Hey all, 3/28 admit here (so after the first wave of scholly decisions came out), just got my award today. 75k. If it were still between NU and GULC, I'd definitely take NU, but SLS in the mix changes things a bit.

Deposit deadline is 4/19 though, so a decision will be made quickly.

Lol, even ITT no one is going to tell you to consider NU over SLS, grats on an awesome cycle

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby HankBashir » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Cobretti wrote:
HankBashir wrote:Hey all, 3/28 admit here (so after the first wave of scholly decisions came out), just got my award today. 75k. If it were still between NU and GULC, I'd definitely take NU, but SLS in the mix changes things a bit.

Deposit deadline is 4/19 though, so a decision will be made quickly.

Lol, even ITT no one is going to tell you to consider NU over SLS, grats on an awesome cycle


ech, I'm pretty debt adverse. NU is definitely still on the table

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby FlowBro » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:03 pm

HankBashir wrote:Hey all, 3/28 admit here (so after the first wave of scholly decisions came out), just got my award today. 75k. If it were still between NU and GULC, I'd definitely take NU, but SLS in the mix changes things a bit.

Deposit deadline is 4/19 though, so a decision will be made quickly.


Go to SLS, never look back. You should have deposited yesterday! Congrats brotha

framboozer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby framboozer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Cobretti wrote:
framboozer wrote:I ended up withdrawing and putting a 150K Wigmore back in the pot. :shock: I had a really good time at ASW and I did like the school. Had my personal situation been different, I probably would have taken the money and ran.

The TLS meet-up was fun and I didn't meet a single person who I didn't like and who wasn't informed about what they were getting themselves into with law school. Duke just made the decision easier for me by increasing my scholarship this week.

I hope the money goes to someone I met at ASW! :P

sounds like the right move for you, GL


Thanks!

And HankBashir, don't look that gifthorse in the mouth. You go to SLS. You profit.
Last edited by framboozer on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Jaqen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 pm

FlowBro wrote:
HankBashir wrote:Hey all, 3/28 admit here (so after the first wave of scholly decisions came out), just got my award today. 75k. If it were still between NU and GULC, I'd definitely take NU, but SLS in the mix changes things a bit.

Deposit deadline is 4/19 though, so a decision will be made quickly.


Go to SLS, never look back. You should have deposited yesterday! Congrats brotha


Yeup.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:46 pm

framboozer wrote:
Cobretti wrote:
framboozer wrote:I ended up withdrawing and putting a 150K Wigmore back in the pot. :shock: I had a really good time at ASW and I did like the school. Had my personal situation been different, I probably would have taken the money and ran.

The TLS meet-up was fun and I didn't meet a single person who I didn't like and who wasn't informed about what they were getting themselves into with law school. Duke just made the decision easier for me by increasing my scholarship this week.

I hope the money goes to someone I met at ASW! :P

sounds like the right move for you, GL


The username confused me. :wink: Thanks!

And HankBashir, don't look that gifthorse in the mouth. You go to SLS. You profit.

Shhh I'm anon now

framboozer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby framboozer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:29 pm

And thus, I edited. ;)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”