Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby TripTrip » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:When's the first seat deposit. That's when waitlist activity will start :)

Friday.

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Big Dog » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:33 pm

^^Friday noon is for the scholly recipients.

Non-scholly's have until April 30, noon.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Clearly » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Big Dog wrote:^^Friday noon is for the scholly recipients.

Non-scholly's have until April 30, noon.

Should be an interesting summer! I'm calling a lot of movement. I'm honestly shocked I even got WL'd, I applied so late, and didnt interview. I was planning on applying next cycle, but figured for 100$ I stand a slim shot at saving a year. Gonna interview and all that for sept cycle, this is where I always wanted to end up. Hopefully the WL gods smile upon me, or the decline in high scores leads higher ranked schools to offer better scholarships and results in heavy WL activity.

tcliff
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby tcliff » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:09 pm

So, I just decided on Northwestern. Does anyone know if we can submit the seat deposit payment electronically, or do we actually need to write checks?

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby oaken » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:14 pm

^also curious

User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby fruitoftheloom » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:16 pm

tcliff wrote:So, I just decided on Northwestern. Does anyone know if we can submit the seat deposit payment electronically, or do we actually need to write checks?

You can submit it electronically if you have set up your NU net id. There's a link on the admitted students site. Let me know if you can't find it.

BigZuck
Posts: 10854
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby BigZuck » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Those are the only places I even was. Unless you want pictures of the hallways leading to those rooms.


Ok Trip, you're off the hook.

Everyone else still owes pics.


Maybe this request would be considered if it was asked on Facebook. If only we could find some brave soul to do that... :)

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Micdiddy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:37 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Those are the only places I even was. Unless you want pictures of the hallways leading to those rooms.


Ok Trip, you're off the hook.

Everyone else still owes pics.


Maybe this request would be considered if it was asked on Facebook. If only we could find some brave soul to do that... :)


8)

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby TripTrip » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Someone already did:
Alright guys; TLS is begging for photos from ASW. Did anyone take any they would care to share?

User avatar
Solistus
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Solistus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Just submitted my seat deposit and "yes, I'd like the money please" form. Can't wait to visit Chicago for the first time in a couple months... :oops:

User avatar
pammie0415
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby pammie0415 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:19 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:When's the first seat deposit. That's when waitlist activity will start :)

Friday.


Hoping for some activity in a week or two then!

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby andreskicdo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:38 pm

I applied late November and still have no decision. Is anybody in the same boat?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm

andreskicdo wrote:I applied late November and still have no decision. Is anybody in the same boat?

Johann just tweeted 88% of complete jd apps have received a decision, so you should still have some company

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Just withdrew. 90k opened up. Good luck you guys!

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby T20hopeful89 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 pm

andreskicdo wrote:I applied late November and still have no decision. Is anybody in the same boat?



yup, me. applied in late october. Was told decisions would be out in the next weeks....

suzige
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby suzige » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Still on hold. still annoyed by it.

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm

suzige wrote:Still on hold. still annoyed by it.


Come join us over here, friend:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=206983

User avatar
CalAlumni
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby CalAlumni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Was accepted, sent in my FAFSA and now do I just wait to receive information on student loans?

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby untar614 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Just withdrew. 90k opened up. Good luck you guys!

where u off to?

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:20 pm

untar614 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Just withdrew. 90k opened up. Good luck you guys!

where u off to?

See "Choosing a Law School". Still deciding, just narrowing down my options.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:21 pm

CalAlumni wrote:Was accepted, sent in my FAFSA and now do I just wait to receive information on student loans?

Did you do NeedAccess?

User avatar
CalAlumni
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby CalAlumni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
CalAlumni wrote:Was accepted, sent in my FAFSA and now do I just wait to receive information on student loans?

Did you do NeedAccess?


No. Shoot...I thought the FAFSA was the first step...

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:24 pm

CalAlumni wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
CalAlumni wrote:Was accepted, sent in my FAFSA and now do I just wait to receive information on student loans?

Did you do NeedAccess?


No. Shoot...I thought the FAFSA was the first step...

They are simultaneous steps.

I'm a little uncomfortable offering instructions on stuff like this because a few things have changed from year-to-year. But presumably you got instructions when you were accepted. You should read them, and them follow them.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CalAlumni
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby CalAlumni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:25 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
CalAlumni wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
CalAlumni wrote:Was accepted, sent in my FAFSA and now do I just wait to receive information on student loans?

Did you do NeedAccess?


No. Shoot...I thought the FAFSA was the first step...

They are simultaneous steps.


I'll do it right now then. I hope this doesn't screw my app up. Thanks guys.

suzige
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby suzige » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
suzige wrote:Still on hold. still annoyed by it.


Come join us over here, friend:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=206983


Thanks for this. Didn't see this thread. Glad to know I'm not the only one.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”