Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Does NU provide us with financial advisors?


Half joking...

I'll be your financial advisor, i take payments in beer

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 pm

mrizza wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Does NU provide us with financial advisors?


Half joking...

I'll be your financial advisor, i take payments in beer



i would honestly take you up on this

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:51 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Does NU provide us with financial advisors?


Half joking...

I'll be your financial advisor, i take payments in beer



i would honestly take you up on this

sierra nevada*

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:56 pm

mrizza wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
mrizza wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Does NU provide us with financial advisors?


Half joking...

I'll be your financial advisor, i take payments in beer



i would honestly take you up on this

sierra nevada*



dat whole foods beer bar

User avatar
Danny Boyo
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Danny Boyo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Aaaand I'm back from UVA. Thread already up to 190? Damn.
Happy easter btw.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Danny Boyo wrote:Aaaand I'm back from UVA. Thread already up to 190? Damn.
Happy easter btw.


This is quickly becoming the "it" thread :)

And Rizza, Twinkle, first beer's on me 8)

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Danny Boyo wrote:Aaaand I'm back from UVA. Thread already up to 190? Damn.
Happy easter btw.


This is quickly becoming the "it" thread :)

And Rizza, Twinkle, first beer's on me 8)

all it took was MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, and now we love NU

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:27 pm

mrizza wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
Danny Boyo wrote:Aaaand I'm back from UVA. Thread already up to 190? Damn.
Happy easter btw.


This is quickly becoming the "it" thread :)

And Rizza, Twinkle, first beer's on me 8)

all it took was MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, and now we love NU


Yep. I'm certainly bought and paid for. Not ashamed to admit it :mrgreen:

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
mrizza wrote:all it took was MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, and now we love NU


Yep. I'm certainly bought and paid for. Not ashamed to admit it :mrgreen:


i'll write like a million donor letters happily.

my reaction upon my scholarship email:

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:18 am

.
Last edited by Cobretti on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Clearly » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:56 am

Any other waitlisters planning on applying next cycle?

User avatar
Solistus
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Solistus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 am

I'm not allowed to use img tags? Thanks a lot, Obama!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Samara » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:58 am

Solistus wrote:I'm not allowed to use img tags? Thanks a lot, Obama!

Right?

There's a new rule that you have to have 100 posts to use the img tags. So get posting!

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby andy261 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Any other waitlisters planning on applying next cycle?

I'm considering it, but man that would be rough to have to go through all this again.

User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby PBateman1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Does NU provide us with financial advisors?


Half joking...


You just gave me a business idea... Law school debt consulting

User avatar
Solistus
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Solistus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Figured as much... Time to go troll some Choosing a Law School threads, I guess ;)

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Solistus wrote:I'm not allowed to use img tags? Thanks a lot, Obama!


Be thankful you weren't here for the scat p0rn days. Those were dark times.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Solistus wrote:I'm not allowed to use img tags? Thanks a lot, Obama!


Be thankful you weren't here for the scat p0rn days. Those were dark times.

I love the bi-weekly reminders we get when a random account with three posts leaves a simple "deleted" in an on-topic thread.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
Solistus wrote:I'm not allowed to use img tags? Thanks a lot, Obama!


Be thankful you weren't here for the scat p0rn days. Those were dark times.

I love the bi-weekly reminders we get when a random account with three posts leaves a simple "deleted" in an on-topic thread.


We're not supposed to talk about that.

User avatar
pammie0415
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby pammie0415 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 pm

A question for those admitted and have decided on attending NU or those currently at NU.. When are you guys planning on actually moving to Chicago/or when did you guys moved there?

I'm international (Canadian :wink: ) so I want to start planning early. It will be quite a move for me as I need to open an American bank account, get a drivers license.. get my visa sorted out etc.. And I have no idea how long it takes to secure a lease in America. So if anyone can weigh in, that would be great.

I'm on hold so I guess it's a little premature for me to ask all this. But I want NU so bad and I just want to be ready when they do (hopefully) give me some good news. :oops:

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby bk1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:03 pm

pammie0415 wrote:A question for those admitted and have decided on attending NU or those currently at NU.. When are you guys planning on actually moving to Chicago/or when did you guys moved there?

I'm international (Canadian :wink: ) so I want to start planning early. It will be quite a move for me as I need to open an American bank account, get a drivers license.. get my visa sorted out etc.. And I have no idea how long it takes to secure a lease in America. So if anyone can weigh in, that would be great.

I'm on hold so I guess it's a little premature for me to ask all this. But I want NU so bad and I just want to be ready when they do (hopefully) give me some good news. :oops:

You can generally secure an apartment around 1 month in advance.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Samara » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:07 pm

pammie0415 wrote:A question for those admitted and have decided on attending NU or those currently at NU.. When are you guys planning on actually moving to Chicago/or when did you guys moved there?

I'm international (Canadian :wink: ) so I want to start planning early. It will be quite a move for me as I need to open an American bank account, get a drivers license.. get my visa sorted out etc.. And I have no idea how long it takes to secure a lease in America. So if anyone can weigh in, that would be great.

I'm on hold so I guess it's a little premature for me to ask all this. But I want NU so bad and I just want to be ready when they do (hopefully) give me some good news. :oops:

When I got my current apartment, I submitted my application right after I toured it (and on its first advertised day) and had a lease signed 2-3 days later. That's probably the fastest you can get it done, haha. I am renting just from a dude who owns just a couple small buildings. If you rent from a management company, it might be a little longer.

Note, I was only able to do that because I had spent a ton of time researching and looking at other places, so I knew exactly what I wanted and what I could afford. You won't be able to secure a place right now, (in Chicago, people only rent out 30-45 days in advance) but you can do your research right now so that you can expedite the process.

I have heard from out-of-staters that finding a place and moving was a bit of a pain, so try to do as much as you can remotely ahead of time. Getting all that other stuff done shouldn't take too long. I would shoot for August 1? that would give you nearly an entire month.

User avatar
pammie0415
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby pammie0415 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Samara wrote:
pammie0415 wrote:A question for those admitted and have decided on attending NU or those currently at NU.. When are you guys planning on actually moving to Chicago/or when did you guys moved there?

I'm international (Canadian :wink: ) so I want to start planning early. It will be quite a move for me as I need to open an American bank account, get a drivers license.. get my visa sorted out etc.. And I have no idea how long it takes to secure a lease in America. So if anyone can weigh in, that would be great.

I'm on hold so I guess it's a little premature for me to ask all this. But I want NU so bad and I just want to be ready when they do (hopefully) give me some good news. :oops:

When I got my current apartment, I submitted my application right after I toured it (and on its first advertised day) and had a lease signed 2-3 days later. That's probably the fastest you can get it done, haha. I am renting just from a dude who owns just a couple small buildings. If you rent from a management company, it might be a little longer.

Note, I was only able to do that because I had spent a ton of time researching and looking at other places, so I knew exactly what I wanted and what I could afford. You won't be able to secure a place right now, (in Chicago, people only rent out 30-45 days in advance) but you can do your research right now so that you can expedite the process.

I have heard from out-of-staters that finding a place and moving was a bit of a pain, so try to do as much as you can remotely ahead of time. Getting all that other stuff done shouldn't take too long. I would shoot for August 1? that would give you nearly an entire month.


You can generally secure an apartment around 1 month in advance.


Thanks for all the speedy response! :)

I'll try to do as much research as I can beforehand then considering I might not be able to get there until Mid-Aug. My current work contract (I'm in Japan now) doesn't end until early Aug. So it considerably limits my options.. sigh.

User avatar
Solistus
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Solistus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm

My plan is to research remotely and find a few buildings to check out, then fly into Chicago sometime around late July / early August to tour some apartments and secure a lease. I'm still not sure what neighborhoods to look in, but I'll be doing a lot more research over the next couple months.

User avatar
pammie0415
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby pammie0415 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Solistus wrote:My plan is to research remotely and find a few buildings to check out, then fly into Chicago sometime around late July / early August to tour some apartments and secure a lease. I'm still not sure what neighborhoods to look in, but I'll be doing a lot more research over the next couple months.


Is it generally worth it to pay a premium but be close to school?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, potatocowpower and 8 guests