Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:10 am

Oh man, just read back through Johann's tweets. I wanna meet this guy. Also damn, he straight up BURNS people who don't try hard.


i tried so hard please let me love you NU

mosquito
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby mosquito » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:14 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:Oh man, just read back through Johann's tweets. I wanna meet this guy. Also damn, he straight up BURNS people who don't try hard.


i tried so hard please let me love you NU

Hi, did Johann release something about 2yr JD for international lawyers on tweet?

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby nsideirish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 am

Is there a deadline for submitting the two optional essays for people on hold? I plan on submitting early next week but not sure if its too late at that point.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby LRGhost » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:17 am

nsideirish wrote:Is there a deadline for submitting the two optional essays for people on hold? I plan on submitting early next week but not sure if its too late at that point.


I imagine that the sooner you do it, the better.

User avatar
Scarlett66
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Scarlett66 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Does "forthcoming" mean we will all hear in the next few days? I would love that. I need some good news.


Isn't good news considered getting into Northwestern?



Sorry to come off as a dick. Not intended. Just very debt averse.



Same here... Very debt averse and really wanting NU to come through. My stomach is in knots!

bay23
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby bay23 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:47 am

Is the scholarship emailed to our personal email address or NU email?

User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby fruitoftheloom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 am

bay23 wrote:Is the scholarship emailed to our personal email address or NU email?

personal for me (AJD).

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Big Dog » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 am

It's going to be mad awkward if I get a big scholly via e-mail during Michigan's ASW.


You are looking at this all wrong. IFF you do get that big scholly e-mail, just mosey over to Dean Zearfoss' office and show her the e-mail on iPhone, Android, whatever, and ask for her 'best and final' right on the spot. If she has nothing more for you, you can say, thanks and head to the airport. When you get home, send in your NU deposit.

Simple.

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby MAHamlin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
bay23 wrote:Is the scholarship emailed to our personal email address or NU email?

personal for me (AJD).


Personal for me as well.

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby dsn32 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 am

Big Dog wrote:
It's going to be mad awkward if I get a big scholly via e-mail during Michigan's ASW.


You are looking at this all wrong. IFF you do get that big scholly e-mail, just mosey over to Dean Zearfoss' office and show her the e-mail on iPhone, Android, whatever, and ask for her 'best and final' right on the spot. If she has nothing more for you, you can say, thanks and head to the airport. When you get home, send in your NU deposit.

Simple.


I wish I could be that cold blooded to my alma matter. Although I am here all the time, so I could do this any day leading up to the deposit deadline I suppose lol.

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby untar614 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 pm

sokomofo wrote:just got offered $150,000! so unexpected.

the deadline to accept the award is april 12th, but i wont hear back from columbia til then :(


looking at your LSN, you applied ED to CLS? ouch, so you might get stuck having to pay sticker (or close to it) at CLS over the Wigmore?

User avatar
hohenheim
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby hohenheim » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm

untar614 wrote:
sokomofo wrote:just got offered $150,000! so unexpected.

the deadline to accept the award is april 12th, but i wont hear back from columbia til then :(


looking at your LSN, you applied ED to CLS? ouch, so you might get stuck having to pay sticker (or close to it) at CLS over the Wigmore?


ED deferrals are released from the contract. worked out pretty well, eh?

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby MAHamlin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 pm

hohenheim wrote:
untar614 wrote:
sokomofo wrote:just got offered $150,000! so unexpected.

the deadline to accept the award is april 12th, but i wont hear back from columbia til then :(


looking at your LSN, you applied ED to CLS? ouch, so you might get stuck having to pay sticker (or close to it) at CLS over the Wigmore?


ED deferrals are released from the contract. worked out pretty well, eh?


No kidding! Sometimes it really does work out for the best.

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby mac35352 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Congrats to all the scholarship recipients...how exciting :)
But all this talk about $$$ and essays serves a reminder...Complete since January and no answer!

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2189
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 pm

I guess I'm doomed to stare at my email all day hoping for that $$$.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Sup, just got the $150,000 letter. I doubt ill be able to turn this down. I just hope I don't ever run into boojerseyshore esquire or my experience will be ruined.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helix23 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Sup, just got the $150,000 letter. I doubt ill be able to turn this down. I just hope I don't ever run into boojerseyshore esquire or my experience will be ruined.


sup. lsn? numbers?

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm

PM'ed I say weird things here.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helix23 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:PM'ed I say weird things here.


kewl thx

grats on the schollie!

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:PM'ed I say weird things here.



PM me too please?

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:53 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:PM'ed I say weird things here.



PM me too please?


You want like pics or something?

User avatar
zazoo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby zazoo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 pm

I received $150K yesterday as well. Submitted essays day of deadline.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helix23 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:59 pm

dafuq my essays musta sucked

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2189
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:04 pm

helix23 wrote:dafuq my essays musta sucked


Yeah, your numbers are exactly where all these other 150k people are.

I'm waiting for the splitter love.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
helix23 wrote:dafuq my essays musta sucked


Yeah, your numbers are exactly where all these other 150k people are.

I'm waiting for the splitter love.

+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, ericb1228, JazzyMac, Mia93, PDX4343, Snowjon, ThorB and 14 guests