Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
helpplease
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helpplease » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:36 pm

TripTrip wrote:
helpplease wrote:
oaken wrote:STILL NUMBER 12 BABY


Were the 2014** rankings released?

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... ngs/page+1


Thanks! I wonder what the GPA and LSAT range is for NU. Anybody have access to the additional data??

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:46 am

Anyone else going to the San Fran reception next week?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:57 am

Micdiddy wrote:Anyone else going to the San Fran reception next week?

did you get a specific invite to that? i'm in socal and haven't heard about any receptions...

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:14 am

mrizza wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Anyone else going to the San Fran reception next week?

did you get a specific invite to that? i'm in socal and haven't heard about any receptions...


I got an email specifically and solely about the San Fran reception, as oppose to other schools that redirected me the a receptions page where I could choose from a number of different ones.
So possibly whoever is in charge of the LA one has not gotten around to it (I am assuming of course there MUST be an LA one).
If you want to drive to the San Fran one I am sure you can email them and ask. They prob only emailed NoCalers about it (which confirms my suspicion there would be an LA one later 'cause if not they would email all Californians about it imo).

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 am

Micdiddy wrote:
mrizza wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Anyone else going to the San Fran reception next week?

did you get a specific invite to that? i'm in socal and haven't heard about any receptions...


I got an email specifically and solely about the San Fran reception, as oppose to other schools that redirected me the a receptions page where I could choose from a number of different ones.
So possibly whoever is in charge of the LA one has not gotten around to it (I am assuming of course there MUST be an LA one).
If you want to drive to the San Fran one I am sure you can email them and ask. They prob only emailed NoCalers about it (which confirms my suspicion there would be an LA one later 'cause if not they would email all Californians about it imo).

interesting, i don't think i'll be driving up to SF for a happy hour though haha. i wonder if they are even going to do an LA one if it hasn't been mentioned yet since ASW is less than a month away.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:11 am

I hope there's a LA session!

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby talesofyore » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(

User avatar
KremeCheez
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby KremeCheez » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Anyone else going to the San Fran reception next week?


No invite here...and I'm in the area...

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:35 pm

talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


That one took some time (because how much back story is necessary to introduce the character?) but I got to around 680-something which is fine, I think. The other essay is rough because how can I say what I want to say without being very full of myself? More importantly, how can I sort of relate it to LS?

WaitingandHopeful
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby WaitingandHopeful » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Complete 1/30, starting to lose hope.

Come at me, Johann

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Are the essays for financial aid? What are the prompts this year? Last year they were really direct, just straight up "Why do you deserve need-based aid? Why do you deserve merit-based aid?"

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:45 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Are the essays for financial aid? What are the prompts this year? Last year they were really direct, just straight up "Why do you deserve need-based aid? Why do you deserve merit-based aid?"

I think these are the hold/waitlist optional essays. I remember other people talking about the fictional character one in past years.

User avatar
luxurylawyer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby luxurylawyer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:45 pm

WaitingandHopeful wrote:Complete 1/30, starting to lose hope.

Come at me, Johann


At 1/31 complete, I'm with you. But no need to lose hope. 1/30 complete is still only 6 weeks back.
Last edited by luxurylawyer on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 pm

luxurylawyer wrote:
WaitingandHopeful wrote:Complete 1/30, starting to lose hope.

Come at me, Johann


At 1/31 complete, I'm with you. but no need to lose hope. 1/30 complete is still only 6 weeks back.

My decision took 6 weeks, I wouldn't worry about it yet

User avatar
luxurylawyer
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby luxurylawyer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 pm

mrizza wrote:My decision took 6 weeks, I wouldn't worry about it yet


I have been thinking that we would be in the batch that comes out this week. Convenient that this is also the week the 10 percent story comes out.

helpplease
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helpplease » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:08 pm

LRGhost wrote:
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


That one took some time (because how much back story is necessary to introduce the character?) but I got to around 680-something which is fine, I think. The other essay is rough because how can I say what I want to say without being very full of myself? More importantly, how can I sort of relate it to LS?
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


I found the fictional character one to be easy. This other one is super difficult and I have no idea what to write about :( Are any of yall flying up to NU for an interview? I hope the off campus one was enough cause I really can't afford it at this point.

User avatar
boomlawyered
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby boomlawyered » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 pm

helpplease wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


That one took some time (because how much back story is necessary to introduce the character?) but I got to around 680-something which is fine, I think. The other essay is rough because how can I say what I want to say without being very full of myself? More importantly, how can I sort of relate it to LS?
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


I found the fictional character one to be easy. This other one is super difficult and I have no idea what to write about :( Are any of yall flying up to NU for an interview? I hope the off campus one was enough cause I really can't afford it at this point.


everyone's writing both? for some reason I thought they recommended writing only one, but I could be completely off.

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby T20hopeful89 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Guys - I think they forgot that my application exists. I sent mine in at the end of October. WHY HAVE THEY NOT REJECTED ME ALREADY IF THAT IS THE PLAN? =(

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:36 pm

They said one or both, but wisdom seems to indicate both is preferable?

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm

boomlawyered wrote:
helpplease wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


That one took some time (because how much back story is necessary to introduce the character?) but I got to around 680-something which is fine, I think. The other essay is rough because how can I say what I want to say without being very full of myself? More importantly, how can I sort of relate it to LS?
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


I found the fictional character one to be easy. This other one is super difficult and I have no idea what to write about :( Are any of yall flying up to NU for an interview? I hope the off campus one was enough cause I really can't afford it at this point.


everyone's writing both? for some reason I thought they recommended writing only one, but I could be completely off.


I was only going to write one too but people recommended doing both to portray my eagerness. I don't think I've read anywhere that only one is recommended.

User avatar
Inconceivable!
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Inconceivable! » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:52 pm

I was only going to write one too but people recommended doing both to portray my eagerness. I don't think I've read anywhere that only one is recommended.[/quote]

I am working on both, although my spirit has been crushed by this class reduction plan. Will they take any of us off hold now? or put us on a wait list indefinitely?

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Presidentjlh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Nothing's changed since 1/8.

Meh.

helpplease
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby helpplease » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 pm

boomlawyered wrote:
helpplease wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


That one took some time (because how much back story is necessary to introduce the character?) but I got to around 680-something which is fine, I think. The other essay is rough because how can I say what I want to say without being very full of myself? More importantly, how can I sort of relate it to LS?
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone else on hold think it's surprisingly difficult to write 750 words about dinner with a fictional character? :(


I found the fictional character one to be easy. This other one is super difficult and I have no idea what to write about :( Are any of yall flying up to NU for an interview? I hope the off campus one was enough cause I really can't afford it at this point.


everyone's writing both? for some reason I thought they recommended writing only one, but I could be completely off.


Depending on whether I can think of anything legitimate to write for that stupid achievement one, I may only submit one. That prompt is just really difficult for me for some reason. Perhaps its cause I majored in literally the most boring topic possible (accounting) and I really can't see myself achieving anything worthy of an essay outside of the legal profession. Sighh

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby snapdragon25 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:I was only going to write one too but people recommended doing both to portray my eagerness. I don't think I've read anywhere that only one is recommended.


I am working on both, although my spirit has been crushed by this class reduction plan. Will they take any of us off hold now? or put us on a wait list indefinitely?[/quote]

+1 to all of it arghhghgvghcfju

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:00 pm

helpplease wrote: Depending on whether I can think of anything legitimate to write for that stupid achievement one, I may only submit one. That prompt is just really difficult for me for some reason. Perhaps its cause I majored in literally the most boring topic possible (accounting) and I really can't see myself achieving anything worthy of an essay outside of the legal profession. Sighh


aahahahah this is so funny. I am a CPA and I have found it so easy to write on that prompt. The other one has been a struggle the whole way. Why do all accountants hate accounting? I really like it (a lot) :oops:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”