Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm

LOL

gooble gooble

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DaRascal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:I wouldn't waste time with the interview unless you're extremely borderline, or obviously if you're EDing.


Would you recommend the interview for me? (3.61/161 URM, still in undergrad so no post-college WE)
I feel like I might really need it but it's taking forever to get my assignment. :?

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby danitt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:57 pm

DaRascal wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:I wouldn't waste time with the interview unless you're extremely borderline, or obviously if you're EDing.


Would you recommend the interview for me? (3.61/161 URM, still in undergrad so no post-college WE)
I feel like I might really need it but it's taking forever to get my assignment. :?

I think you should do it. If anything it lets them know you. It gives you a chance to make an impression outside of LSAT/GPA. It certainly couldn't hurt (unless you're aspie as fuck.)

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Seriously sitting here grinning reading this page. Glad to know I'm not the only one sweating over my inbox and routinely getting my hopes up after seeing the words "law school" or "admissions" in the address or subject of every email that comes my way.

Routinely getting requests to apply from schools I have zero intention on ever going to is somewhat irritating, followed by getting fee waivers from places I've already applied to, but this NU Thanksgiving one was indeed the most amusingly frustrating one so far.

I think they are teasing us on purpose. Lol :) Kind of sadistic, really. :wink:

User avatar
10miler
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby 10miler » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 pm

happy thxgiv'n ev'ry1- check'n in :-)

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby ssanonymous » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:39 pm

I just emailed admissions to cancel my interview request. It was taking ages, and I just wanted my app to be complete. Let's hope this wasn't a stupid decision.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:Seriously sitting here grinning reading this page. Glad to know I'm not the only one sweating over my inbox and routinely getting my hopes up after seeing the words "law school" or "admissions" in the address or subject of every email that comes my way.

Routinely getting requests to apply from schools I have zero intention on ever going to is somewhat irritating, followed by getting fee waivers from places I've already applied to, but this NU Thanksgiving one was indeed the most amusingly frustrating one so far.

I think they are teasing us on purpose. Lol :) Kind of sadistic, really. :wink:


You mean you don't want to go to Cooley?

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby 20141023 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:14 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby ssanonymous » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:23 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:I just emailed admissions to cancel my interview request. It was taking ages, and I just wanted my app to be complete. Let's hope this wasn't a stupid decision.


I know the feeling, but you should have stayed in and waited for the interview. It took them almost a month to finally get back to me with who my interviewer was, and when I tried to contact the assigned interviewer, they didn't answer their phone or respond to emails. It then took another month for Northwestern to reassign me to a different interviewer with whom I was able to contact and meet within a week.

I thought about giving up and just sending in my application without the interview many times, but as Northwestern mentions on their site, more then 80% of those who were accepted did the interview as part of the application process. I would recommend doing the interview unless your numbers are really good. :?


That process sounds painful! My stats aren't great, but, at this point, it's highly unlikely that I'll attend Northwestern. I don't want to withdraw my application, but I definitely don't want to wait two months before getting an interview. Especially when the interview location is about a three hour bus ride from my school. Maybe I'm being too shortsighted.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby 20141023 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby lgleye » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:31 pm

.
Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tonton
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:10 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby tonton » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Good to know! Off-campus interview in London in a week or so. Been preparing for hours


lgleye wrote:Guys……. I know that this will probably bring a lot of flak down upon me, but, in the interest of calming everyone down, I’ve concluded that the interview doesn’t mean squat.

I went through the interview process last year and totally f__ked it up.. To give you an idea, my brain went into neutral and in response to one of the interviewer’s question, I stupidly blurted it out that U Penn was my Early Decision choice.
Although the interviewer was nice, I figured that I had blown it, and, being a super-splitter, I figured that if UPenn dinged me, that I’d be going to Fordham or GW.
Six months afterthat disaster, NU called me off the waitlist, and now I’m a 1L prepping for my finals in a couple of weeks.

Point is……. Keep the faith…… don’t stress too much on minutae ‘cause it probably doesn’t matter. If you’re in, they’ll tell ya…. If not, then you were never meant to be.

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby moonman157 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can you change your application from RD to ED after you submit it? I was thinking of doing this. With no FT WE, I figure I don't have much of a chance, but NU with $150K would be the best I could do. Thanks!

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm

moonman157 wrote:Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can you change your application from RD to ED after you submit it? I was thinking of doing this. With no FT WE, I figure I don't have much of a chance, but NU with $150K would be the best I could do. Thanks!



I know I've heard of people who switch from ED to RD but I dunno about RD to ED. There won't be any harm in asking, but Northwestern requires ED applicants to interview on-campus in Chicago. I dunno if you'd have time to do that before decisions are made/released. There also might not be anymore slots left. (unless you've already done the on-campus interview)

criminaltheory
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby criminaltheory » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 pm

cusenation wrote:
moonman157 wrote:Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can you change your application from RD to ED after you submit it? I was thinking of doing this. With no FT WE, I figure I don't have much of a chance, but NU with $150K would be the best I could do. Thanks!



I know I've heard of people who switch from ED to RD but I dunno about RD to ED. There won't be any harm in asking, but Northwestern requires ED applicants to interview on-campus in Chicago. I dunno if you'd have time to do that before decisions are made/released. There also might not be anymore slots left. (unless you've already done the on-campus interview)


ED interview had to be before 11/15

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby moonman157 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:25 pm

criminaltheory wrote:
cusenation wrote:
moonman157 wrote:Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can you change your application from RD to ED after you submit it? I was thinking of doing this. With no FT WE, I figure I don't have much of a chance, but NU with $150K would be the best I could do. Thanks!



I know I've heard of people who switch from ED to RD but I dunno about RD to ED. There won't be any harm in asking, but Northwestern requires ED applicants to interview on-campus in Chicago. I dunno if you'd have time to do that before decisions are made/released. There also might not be anymore slots left. (unless you've already done the on-campus interview)


ED interview had to be before 11/15


Whoops, guess this isn't happening haha. It was just a thought anyway, thanks for the answer, and best of luck to everyone applying!

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:27 am

Sort of checking in...Applying to the JD/MBA program, and those admissions are through Kellogg. But if I don't get into that, I'll be rolled into NU Law!

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby danitt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:04 am

It's starting to get really irritating that I did my interview almost 6 weeks ago and I'm yet to go complete. Has my interviewer really not submitted a report in all this time?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 am

danitt wrote:It's starting to get really irritating that I did my interview almost 6 weeks ago and I'm yet to go complete. Has my interviewer really not submitted a report in all this time?

It doesn't look like there have been any decisions yet, so hopefully you go complete soon and they put you in line based on when you submitted.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 am

danitt wrote:It's starting to get really irritating that I did my interview almost 6 weeks ago and I'm yet to go complete. Has my interviewer really not submitted a report in all this time?
Have you called the admissions office to check in? Sometimes that seems to prompt them to check in with an interviewer, or check your file and realize they did get the interview report back.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby danitt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
danitt wrote:It's starting to get really irritating that I did my interview almost 6 weeks ago and I'm yet to go complete. Has my interviewer really not submitted a report in all this time?
Have you called the admissions office to check in? Sometimes that seems to prompt them to check in with an interviewer, or check your file and realize they did get the interview report back.

I"ll definitely do that today.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 pm

danitt wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
danitt wrote:It's starting to get really irritating that I did my interview almost 6 weeks ago and I'm yet to go complete. Has my interviewer really not submitted a report in all this time?
Have you called the admissions office to check in? Sometimes that seems to prompt them to check in with an interviewer, or check your file and realize they did get the interview report back.

I"ll definitely do that today.


We're supposed to inform the admissions committee once the date of our interview is scheduled on their interview portal. If you don't do that, they won't know to check-in with your interviewer even if you've done your interview.

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby ssanonymous » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Interview officially canceled. Rejection coming soon.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby danitt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 pm

cusenation wrote:
danitt wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
danitt wrote:It's starting to get really irritating that I did my interview almost 6 weeks ago and I'm yet to go complete. Has my interviewer really not submitted a report in all this time?
Have you called the admissions office to check in? Sometimes that seems to prompt them to check in with an interviewer, or check your file and realize they did get the interview report back.

I"ll definitely do that today.


We're supposed to inform the admissions committee once the date of our interview is scheduled on their interview portal. If you don't do that, they won't know to check-in with your interviewer even if you've done your interview.

Yeah I did that on the day I nailed it down.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby danitt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Update! The report was sent in they just forgot to change my status.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”