Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
djlmjs22

New

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by djlmjs22 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

pedestrian

Bronze

Post by pedestrian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:05 pm

I only went complete 1/17 and they took off the deadline for me. Everything but my interview was in months ago, though.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 pm

pedestrian wrote:I only went complete 1/17 and they took off the deadline for me. Everything but my interview was in months ago, though.
I'm the opposite. On campus interview in Oct, didn't submit til Jan, so complete Jan 4; and mine changed

T20hopeful89

Bronze

Post by T20hopeful89 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 pm

mrizza wrote:
pedestrian wrote:I only went complete 1/17 and they took off the deadline for me. Everything but my interview was in months ago, though.
I'm the opposite. On campus interview in Oct, didn't submit til Jan, so complete Jan 4; and mine changed

Oh well. was totally just speculation anyhow.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:
mrizza wrote:

Well it could just be people that were in the system in one way or another before 1Dec

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

orbotop

New

Post by orbotop » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

i got the change too (no more 6-8 weeks)...hopefully that means a decision soon, i really like NU. i went complete in early November only after politely inquiring w the admissions office why my file still read incomplete after submitting in october and interviewing on-campus. apparently my file improperly was marked as "off-campus interview pending", twice, which caused the delay. suppose that can happen when you are reviewing thousands of files and interviewing hundreds of candidates.
Last edited by orbotop on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racrfish

Bronze

Post by racrfish » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:13 pm

mrizza wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:
mrizza wrote:

Well it could just be people that were in the system in one way or another before 1Dec

I submitted and went complete 1/11. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, or maybe it's coming to everyone today but it's a gradual rollout.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

I went complete 1/17. But yeah, I agree--maybe they're changing them all eventually.

iteachtenthgrade

Bronze

Post by iteachtenthgrade » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Is anyone else here applying for the J.D./Ph.D program?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pedestrian

Bronze

Post by pedestrian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:20 pm

We should write an existentialist play in which the characters are all stuck together in a big empty room, and some of them are one thing but the others are another, and they spend the entire time trying to figure out which is which on the basis of clues that turn out to be meaningless.

Audiences should have to suffer as we do.

itown

New

Post by itown » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:22 pm

pedestrian wrote:We should write an existentialist play in which the characters are all stuck together in a big empty room, and some of them are one thing but the others are another, and they spend the entire time trying to figure out which is which on the basis of clues that turn out to be meaningless.

That sounds more like absurdism, but I think you're on to something. I've been complete since 11/7.

benb1215

New

Post by benb1215 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:23 pm

pedestrian wrote:We should write an existentialist play in which the characters are all stuck together in a big empty room, and some of them are one thing but the others are another, and they spend the entire time trying to figure out which is which on the basis of clues that turn out to be meaningless.

Can I play the fish?

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:23 pm

If anything at least this time in limbo is bolstering your creativity. I guess that can sort of be the "doggy bag" take away from this experience .

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hhockberger

Bronze

Post by hhockberger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm

[quote="StillIll"][quote="pedestrian"]We should write an existentialist play in which the characters are all stuck together in a big empty room, and some of them are one thing but the others are another, and they spend the entire time trying to figure out which is which on the basis of clues that turn out to be meaningless.

Audiences should have to suffer as we do.[/quote]

They would pay the same $121 we did for the honor of this torture.

And ditto on the 11/7

talesofyore

Bronze

Post by talesofyore » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:15 pm

pedestrian wrote:App Alerts DO_NOT_REPLY Change in Northwestern University Application Status

:shock:

Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision.

:evil:

I guess they probably came across the memes on here complaining about the perfidy of the 6-8 weeks after December 1st promise.

I got really excited when status checker emailed me stating that there had been movement in my Northwestern app. I actually thought someone had picked up my file and blew off the dust that has gathered on it since I submitted it in November 2012. Silly me.

wisteria

Bronze

Post by wisteria » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:20 pm

talesofyore wrote:
pedestrian wrote:App Alerts DO_NOT_REPLY Change in Northwestern University Application Status

:shock:

Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision.

:evil:

I guess they probably came across the memes on here complaining about the perfidy of the 6-8 weeks after December 1st promise.

I got really excited when status checker emailed me stating that there had been movement in my Northwestern app. I actually thought someone had picked up my file and blew off the dust that has gathered on it since I submitted it in November 2012. Silly me.
My northwestern status checker also updated today, but only in the header. It says your application is now complete and is being reviewed. But I've been complete and under review since 12/26. Odd.

racrfish

Bronze

Post by racrfish » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:22 pm

wisteria wrote:
My northwestern status checker also updated today, but only in the header. It says your application is now complete and is being reviewed. But I've been complete and under review since 12/26. Odd.

Yes. We've been discussing that for two pages.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wisteria

Bronze

Post by wisteria » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:25 pm

well, at least there is SOME movement. :wink:

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Maybe it's just me but I wish they were more concerned with our pending apps than the wording of our status checker.

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:43 pm

BigZuck wrote:Maybe it's just me but I wish they were more concerned with our pending apps than the wording of our status checker.
Yea. How long did it take them to change the status checker?

Would have rather them spent the time sending out another round of decisions but hey I am procrastinating with scholarship essays right now by changing fonts and headers so I guess I understand.

uconjak

Bronze

Post by uconjak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:06 pm

I think a significant amount of schools are "on the fence" to what to do about this admitance cycle. Nwestern, Virgina, Cornell, Berkely, chicago, and Nyu. they seem a little slow or are putting a lot of people on waitlists. Some schools are forging ahead. USC is throwing money to 167's this year that is shocking. GW the same way (for Me). they look to have drawn a line in the sand.
with the 20+% reduction in applications. They, Law schools in general have to decide to throw some money at folks, lower class sizes, or lower standards a little.
I should be almost an auto ding at several schools, I expected it like a return email...., Columbia and Stanford, NYU and Chicago........not a word from them.
Duke had a letter out on the amount of applicants(they were not down). I think this is a load of BS. or they are putting some spin on it. WHy would they send me an unsolicited fee waiver less than a week from the close for applications? Had the same out of Michigan. they are out trolling for reverse splitters......trying to average out their stats for this cycle and keep their rankings.

I smell fear and see Blood in the water.

Example;
At first, UCLA sent me a 50K scholly total for 3 years...then a few days later, USC 120K. UCLA told me, when i called to tour campus they would probably get me more money....around 100-105K. that is about equal because after the first year you get in-state tuition. I know this might be a case of cross town rivalry also....I really don't care, i don't live in california and both are good schools, have enough good things to get me to attend for that type of money.

I would love Gtown, but haven't seen the money yet. IF they get close i will probably go....the only two schools I will pay sticker at is Stanford, and Columbia. from t-5 on down--NO MON, NO FUN.
no matter how much I like the school.
sorry about grammer ect. writing on lunch hour.......

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 pm

-
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheerios16

New

Post by cheerios16 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:33 pm

uconjak wrote:I think a significant amount of schools are "on the fence" to what to do about this admitance cycle. Nwestern, Virgina, Cornell, Berkely, chicago, and Nyu. they seem a little slow or are putting a lot of people on waitlists. Some schools are forging ahead. USC is throwing money to 167's this year that is shocking. GW the same way (for Me). they look to have drawn a line in the sand.
with the 20+% reduction in applications. They, Law schools in general have to decide to throw some money at folks, lower class sizes, or lower standards a little.
I should be almost an auto ding at several schools, I expected it like a return email...., Columbia and Stanford, NYU and Chicago........not a word from them.
Duke had a letter out on the amount of applicants(they were not down). I think this is a load of BS. or they are putting some spin on it. WHy would they send me an unsolicited fee waiver less than a week from the close for applications? Had the same out of Michigan. they are out trolling for reverse splitters......trying to average out their stats for this cycle and keep their rankings.

Example;
At first, UCLA sent me a 50K scholly total for 3 years...then a few days later, USC 120K. UCLA told me, when i called to tour campus they would probably get me more money....around 100-105K. that is about equal because after the first year you get in-state tuition. I know this might be a case of cross town rivalry also....I really don't care, i don't live in california and both are good schools, have enough good things to get me to attend for that type of money.

I would love Gtown, but haven't seen the money yet. IF they get close i will probably go....the only two schools I will pay sticker at is Stanford, and Columbia. from t-5 on down--NO MON, NO FUN.
Where/how did you see the Duke and Michigan letters you mentioned. Were they sent to alumni?

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm

uconjak wrote:I think a significant amount of schools are "on the fence" to what to do about this admitance cycle. Nwestern, Virgina, Cornell, Berkely, chicago, and Nyu. they seem a little slow or are putting a lot of people on waitlists. Some schools are forging ahead. USC is throwing money to 167's this year that is shocking. GW the same way (for Me). they look to have drawn a line in the sand.

Example;

Meh, if Michigan cared about maintaining their medians they would have accepted me months ago... J/k

In general I agree. Digging what USC is doing this cycle, I hope every school both lowers their standards and/or start throwing around tons of cash.

uconjak

Bronze

Post by uconjak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:37 pm

cheerios16 wrote:

Example;

Where/how did you see the Duke and Michigan letters you mentioned. Were they sent to alumni?
I saw the Duke letter on one of the TLS blogs, they had a link....

I did get Mich and Duke Fee waivers in the mail a few days before the close of the cycle.....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”