Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Jaqen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm

onionz wrote:From their old admissions blog:
--LinkRemoved--


TYFT

Though in my letter they said they plan to look at Hold candidates again in February (as opposed to April, which your link mentions). Which is odd, since it's the end of January, but I'm not complaining.

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby onionz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Reading the blog over just made me wanna check, for all the ED>RD people, were you notified/confirmed in any way after you filled out that dinky little form online? Automated email or anything?

p.s my Held letter said January, yours said February? I guess mine was for ED though..

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby onionz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 pm

feralinfant wrote:so i already answered one of the optional essays with my original application. Thoughts on sending in the other one now in a desperate attempt to tip the scales in my direction?


I think that's fine. They used to have a 3rd one that I wrote when I thought they still had it, and I've been considering that one in too.

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby letitloose » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm

onionz wrote:Reading the blog over just made me wanna check, for all the ED>RD people, were you notified/confirmed in any way after you filled out that dinky little form online? Automated email or anything?

p.s my Held letter said January, yours said February? I guess mine was for ED though..

I didn't receive any confirmation they received it -- I had a moment of paranoia a few days later but I'm sure they got it. My letter said January as well (maybe they say Jan. for ED to RD people?).

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

onionz wrote:
feralinfant wrote:so i already answered one of the optional essays with my original application. Thoughts on sending in the other one now in a desperate attempt to tip the scales in my direction?


I think that's fine. They used to have a 3rd one that I wrote when I thought they still had it, and I've been considering that one in too.


i just reread the hold letter and it didn't say anything about essays among the things they suggest updating your app with. I'm thinking maybe just a medium length (~1/2 page) LOCI reaffirming my NU love. I just get nervous about not paying attention to instructions.

:? Will not miss this whole part of the process. In a lot of ways the LSAT was better because you maintained some element of control over it.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby cookiejar1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Question for the auto-admits: was scholarship information included in your acceptance letter?! Or is that information coming out later?

I'm far from an auto-admit but I wonder if I'm going to get any money... if it's not in my acceptance letter probably not?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:Question for the auto-admits: was scholarship information included in your acceptance letter?! Or is that information coming out later?

I'm far from an auto-admit but I wonder if I'm going to get any money... if it's not in my acceptance letter probably not?

Not an auto-admit, but scholarship information comes later for standard RD folks. ED people get their scholarship, and people offered deferred enrollment basically get the same ED offer without having to ask for it, contingent on their gaining some work experience. For just normal JD admits, scholarship stuff comes in March-ish. The absence of a scholarship offer in your acceptance letter means nothing at all.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:Question for the auto-admits: was scholarship information included in your acceptance letter?! Or is that information coming out later?

I'm far from an auto-admit but I wonder if I'm going to get any money... if it's not in my acceptance letter probably not?

Only EDs and people asked to defer a year to get WE already have money. Everyone else has to apply for financial aid/scholarships separately.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby cookiejar1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 am

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

enjoyddyy
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby enjoyddyy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 am

I was waitlisted yesterday but today my decision letter changed to "hold". I'm wondering is this true for everyone? Anyone who got waitlisted remains so today? Thanks.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby trojandave » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Submitted back in November and still under review. I feel like NU is playing chicken with me and hoping I just withdraw...

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby goden » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm

enjoyddyy wrote:I was waitlisted yesterday but today my decision letter changed to "hold". I'm wondering is this true for everyone? Anyone who got waitlisted remains so today? Thanks.

Was WL and now hold as well. Weird.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Im hoping they will go by the schedule they published and release all the AJD decisions by 2/1...

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby letitloose » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm

goden wrote:
enjoyddyy wrote:I was waitlisted yesterday but today my decision letter changed to "hold". I'm wondering is this true for everyone? Anyone who got waitlisted remains so today? Thanks.

Was WL and now hold as well. Weird.

If you go back a page, and if you look at Johann's most recent tweet, it seems like the waitlist letter was a mixup/mistake. I think some people received a waitlist letter that was meant to be a hold in the first place.

User avatar
Bucketseat
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Bucketseat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I wonder if they'll put out any decisions today. Pleaaaaaaaaaase?

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby letitloose » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 pm

If anyone was still skeptical of the cold in Chicago: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/01/chicagos-freezing-fire/100445/

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Bucketseat wrote:I wonder if they'll put out any decisions today. Pleaaaaaaaaaase?


+1

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Bucketseat wrote:I wonder if they'll put out any decisions today. Pleaaaaaaaaaase?


Seems like they're sticking to one big day a week...

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Bucketseat wrote:I wonder if they'll put out any decisions today. Pleaaaaaaaaaase?

The past couple weeks, it's been Tuesday batches. The past few years before that, it's been Friday batches. So I think the threat level is pretty low for today. That being said, NU's self-imposed deadline of 6-8 weeks from Dec. 1 expires tomorrow (although I guess they've never been that diligent about that deadline in previous cycles :evil: ).

Frankly, I'd be happy if they abandoned the Tuesday releases altogether. Good stuff just doesn't happen on Tuesdays (see this week's bloodbath; see also 1929 stock market crash, 9/11, that one time I stubbed my toe really hard against the desk). The worst part about Tuesdays? It's not Friday. The next day isn't Friday. And the day after that doesn't look too great either.

...but if NU gives me an acceptance letter on a Tuesday, I take it all back.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:09 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Bucketseat wrote:I wonder if they'll put out any decisions today. Pleaaaaaaaaaase?

The past couple weeks, it's been Tuesday batches. The past few years before that, it's been Friday batches. So I think the threat level is pretty low for today. That being said, NU's self-imposed deadline of 6-8 weeks from Dec. 1 expires tomorrow (although I guess they've never been that diligent about that deadline in previous cycles :evil: ).

Frankly, I'd be happy if they abandoned the Tuesday releases altogether. Good stuff just doesn't happen on Tuesdays (see this week's bloodbath; see also 1929 stock market crash, 9/11, that one time I stubbed my toe really hard against the desk). The worst part about Tuesdays? It's not Friday. The next day isn't Friday. And the day after that doesn't look too great either.

...but if NU gives me an acceptance letter on a Tuesday, I take it all back.


+1

MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby MAHamlin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Checking in. 4.04/172 non-traditional student (30+, married with kids). Northwestern is one of my top schools. I have family in the Lincoln Park area, there are excellent career opportunities for my wife there, it's near my current home (Indianapolis), and the student body seems to be a bit closer to my age then many other campuses.

Submitted 12/19
Complete 12/20
Most recent update 1/14

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Cobretti » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm

MAHamlin wrote:Checking in. 4.04/172 non-traditional student (30+, married with kids). Northwestern is one of my top schools. I have family in the Lincoln Park area, there are excellent career opportunities for my wife there, it's near my current home (Indianapolis), and the student body seems to be a bit closer to my age then many other campuses.

Submitted 12/19
Complete 12/20
Most recent update 1/14

you should have applied ED if its really one of your top choices... Pretty sure you'd be a lock for it.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby teiswei » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

mrizza wrote:
MAHamlin wrote:Checking in. 4.04/172 non-traditional student (30+, married with kids). Northwestern is one of my top schools. I have family in the Lincoln Park area, there are excellent career opportunities for my wife there, it's near my current home (Indianapolis), and the student body seems to be a bit closer to my age then many other campuses.

Submitted 12/19
Complete 12/20
Most recent update 1/14

you should have applied ED if its really one of your top choices... Pretty sure you'd be a lock for it.

I'd agree... You should wait the year because with ED comes a full ride.

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby onionz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

teiswei wrote:
mrizza wrote:
MAHamlin wrote:Checking in. 4.04/172 non-traditional student (30+, married with kids). Northwestern is one of my top schools. I have family in the Lincoln Park area, there are excellent career opportunities for my wife there, it's near my current home (Indianapolis), and the student body seems to be a bit closer to my age then many other campuses.

Submitted 12/19
Complete 12/20
Most recent update 1/14

you should have applied ED if its really one of your top choices... Pretty sure you'd be a lock for it.

I'd agree... You should wait the year because with ED comes a full ride.


He might get money anyway.

User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby PBateman1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 pm

I just scheduled an on campus interview after indicating that I didn't intend to on my app. NU is quickly moving up to be my top choice school and I really want to up my chances of getting in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests