Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 am

shakespeare wrote:I couldn't download the decision letter.



Still....

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby tyler.durden » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 am

Any admits from yesterday able to download the decision letter? I got the email saying I'm in, but I'd still like to see the letter. It asks for a username/password that i apparently don't have. (I tried the status checker login info).

BigZuck
Posts: 10859
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:10 am

Sounds like they don't usually email but they emailed you all this time, maybe they did that because they knew they were having issues with the decision letter system and they wanted people to chillax and know they were definitely in?

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby tyler.durden » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 am

BigZuck wrote:Sounds like they don't usually email but they emailed you all this time, maybe they did that because they knew they were having issues with the decision letter system and they wanted people to chillax and know they were definitely in?


Good call, thanks man.

cgw
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby cgw » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:35 am

BigZuck wrote:Sounds like they don't usually email but they emailed you all this time, maybe they did that because they knew they were having issues with the decision letter system and they wanted people to chillax and know they were definitely in?


Maybe, but the acceptance email I got (assuming everyone got the same thing here) specifically mentioned checking the decision letter and that it would be available after 6PM 1/15. It's funny, just the other day I was wondering why more schools don't save on paper and mail and just send PDF letters/brochures. So much for that wish.

manti5
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby manti5 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am

Have we found that guy on twitter yet who is going to ask if any of the held apps from early decision were reviewed? Dibs on not being that guy!


I'm also ED held to RD. Have not heard anything either. Waiting to hear if any held apps were reviewed.
Last edited by manti5 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
titansfan
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby titansfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 am

tyler.durden wrote:Any admits from yesterday able to download the decision letter? I got the email saying I'm in, but I'd still like to see the letter. It asks for a username/password that i apparently don't have. (I tried the status checker login info).


Same issue here. Glad there are a few of us -- at least we know we're not just incompetent!

sergeantundershirt
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby sergeantundershirt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 am

Did anyone else get notified by status checker to check for a decision letter but not get an email saying you were admitted? I'm a K-JD, so Northwestern's kind of a long shot, but I'd still like to know whats going on...

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:54 am

FYI I can finally download my letter

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby letitloose » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 am

titansfan wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:Any admits from yesterday able to download the decision letter? I got the email saying I'm in, but I'd still like to see the letter. It asks for a username/password that i apparently don't have. (I tried the status checker login info).


Same issue here. Glad there are a few of us -- at least we know we're not just incompetent!

The login/password for decision letters is the same as for the status checker. Even when the system is working properly, your login/password doesn't work for several minutes (possibly even several hours) when you try to retrieve your decision letter. That happens to everyone. It sounds like yesterday they had some problem with the system and it was going to take even longer for people to be able to login to download their letter, so they sent out emails instead.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am

Just so you all know, this whole "OMG I GOT ADMITTED BUT CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE LETTER" conversation garners absolutely no sympathy from me.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:FYI I can finally download my letter

Johann just tweeted that it's fixed.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am

shntn wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:FYI I can finally download my letter

Johann just tweeted that it's fixed.


Oh Johann

User avatar
titansfan
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby titansfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Just so you all know, this whole "OMG I GOT ADMITTED BUT CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE LETTER" conversation garners absolutely no sympathy from me.


sorry. good luck to everyone waiting on a decision, and sorry we hijacked the thread for a bit!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 pm

titansfan wrote:sorry. good luck to everyone waiting on a decision, and sorry we hijacked the thread for a bit!

I mean, that's what it's here for.

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby dsn32 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Mine finally worked too! I wonder if their admitting more K-JDs this time around due to the decrease in applicants, or if I'm one of the lucky ones. Either way, very excited and hope to meet some of y'all in Chicago for ASW!

User avatar
benb1215
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby benb1215 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Just so you all know, this whole "OMG I GOT ADMITTED BUT CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE LETTER" conversation garners absolutely no sympathy from me.


+1

User avatar
benb1215
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby benb1215 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm

dsn32 wrote:Mine finally worked too! I wonder if their admitting more K-JDs this time around due to the decrease in applicants, or if I'm one of the lucky ones. Either way, very excited and hope to meet some of y'all in Chicago for ASW!


Does K-JD refer to Kellogg MBA joint degree?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm

benb1215 wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Mine finally worked too! I wonder if their admitting more K-JDs this time around due to the decrease in applicants, or if I'm one of the lucky ones. Either way, very excited and hope to meet some of y'all in Chicago for ASW!


Does K-JD refer to Kellogg MBA joint degree?

It means a person who didn't work before law school. Kindergarten through JD student.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm

benb1215 wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Mine finally worked too! I wonder if their admitting more K-JDs this time around due to the decrease in applicants, or if I'm one of the lucky ones. Either way, very excited and hope to meet some of y'all in Chicago for ASW!


Does K-JD refer to Kellogg MBA joint degree?


It'd be nice if they let in more JD/MBAs this year :D I have to wait til March for a decision.....grosssss

User avatar
benb1215
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby benb1215 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
benb1215 wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Mine finally worked too! I wonder if their admitting more K-JDs this time around due to the decrease in applicants, or if I'm one of the lucky ones. Either way, very excited and hope to meet some of y'all in Chicago for ASW!


Does K-JD refer to Kellogg MBA joint degree?

It means a person who didn't work before law school. Kindergarten through JD student.


Thanks for the clarification.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I randomly checked flights just now and found the perfect one, and well within budget. ASW lulz now imminent. 8)

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

I never got an email but checked my status checker just because I saw some action in this thread and my decision letter was available, so for those of you who haven't received and email it may be worth it to log on. I got the 50k/year with a one year deferral offer.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:54 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:I never got an email but checked my status checker just because I saw some action in this thread and my decision letter was available, so for those of you who haven't received and email it may be worth it to log on. I got the 50k/year with a one year deferral offer.

Eek! A one-year deferral sounds awful. I'd just withdraw if I were you.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:56 pm

shntn wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:I never got an email but checked my status checker just because I saw some action in this thread and my decision letter was available, so for those of you who haven't received and email it may be worth it to log on. I got the 50k/year with a one year deferral offer.

Eek! A one-year deferral sounds awful. I'd just withdraw if I were you.
Are you insane? He gets paid, in effect, $150,000 for that year.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, christinaxcarrie, dojodawg, elcamino4, genjustice, Google Adsense [Bot], Guyver, JaxBeachLaw, Keilz, Leliana, lvlaw3, mccracal, patrickkpaul, ray.bee, sonyco, stewhan, thg1870 and 45 guests