Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lt_universe
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby lt_universe » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:27 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Generally they mean post-grad work (or a proper career before entering UG, like the military or something), but if it was full-time work and self-supporting they'd probably at least consider it. They don't get to count you in their beloved "percentage of entering students with full-time post-grad work experience" number, though.

Part-time job slinging pizza or coffee for drinking money while in UG, while mom and dad or loans paid your tuition? No.


yeah, that's what i was thinking. i had a full-time medical technician position while i was in school, so I'm hoping that will count. By August I will have a full year's experience as a legal assistant, so I'm hoping that will fix any "we won't accept her because she will mess with our work experience numbers" deterrent.

edit: post-grad*** legal assistant experience

User avatar
benb1215
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby benb1215 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:40 pm

teiswei wrote:
benb1215 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
manti5 wrote:Forgive me if this is a repeat on this board, but has anybody held ED heard back RD yet?



No not that we know of, most RD applicants haven't heard back yet :|


I'm a bit confused. As far as you know, have any ED applicants heard back in the affirmative or negative yet?

All of them have


I just got off the phone with the admissions office, and some students are still in ED review (me included). The individual that I spoke with said that they should be issuing a final decision with 2 weeks. FWIW, I conducted my OCI at the deadline. Not sure if that bodes well for me or not, but I suppose limbo is still preferential to missing the first cut.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby teiswei » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

benb1215 wrote:I just got off the phone with the admissions office, and some students are still in ED review (me included). The individual that I spoke with said that they should be issuing a final decision with 2 weeks. FWIW, I conducted my OCI at the deadline. Not sure if that bodes well for me or not, but I suppose limbo is still preferential to missing the first cut.

I apologize, I was under the impression that all that EDed here were either admitted, deferred, and a small portion were flat out denied.

User avatar
benb1215
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby benb1215 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 pm

teiswei wrote:
benb1215 wrote:I just got off the phone with the admissions office, and some students are still in ED review (me included). The individual that I spoke with said that they should be issuing a final decision with 2 weeks. FWIW, I conducted my OCI at the deadline. Not sure if that bodes well for me or not, but I suppose limbo is still preferential to missing the first cut.

I apologize, I was under the impression that all that EDed here were either admitted, deferred, and a small portion were flat out denied.


No worries :D. Of course I had to call and confirm...else sleep would have been impossible.

NoChainz
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby NoChainz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 pm

I just had my interview late last week. How long should it take me to go complete? Also is it appropriate to send a why Northwestern now? I didn't write one with my application because I had very little to say beyond the fact that it's a great school, but after visiting I could write one that would be much more convincing. Should I just leave it? Or go ahead and send it in?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 pm

NoChainz wrote:I just had my interview late last week. How long should it take me to go complete? Also is it appropriate to send a why Northwestern now? I didn't write one with my application because I had very little to say beyond the fact that it's a great school, but after visiting I could write one that would be much more convincing. Should I just leave it? Or go ahead and send it in?

Your app isn't complete yet, and going to visit the campus is definitely a good opportunity to write about how excited you are to attend. I'd say write it and email it to them, I'm sure they can put it in the file for you.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 pm

NoChainz wrote:I just had my interview late last week. How long should it take me to go complete? Also is it appropriate to send a why Northwestern now? I didn't write one with my application because I had very little to say beyond the fact that it's a great school, but after visiting I could write one that would be much more convincing. Should I just leave it? Or go ahead and send it in?


I like your screen name

NoChainz
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby NoChainz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:31 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
NoChainz wrote:I just had my interview late last week. How long should it take me to go complete? Also is it appropriate to send a why Northwestern now? I didn't write one with my application because I had very little to say beyond the fact that it's a great school, but after visiting I could write one that would be much more convincing. Should I just leave it? Or go ahead and send it in?

Your app isn't complete yet, and going to visit the campus is definitely a good opportunity to write about how excited you are to attend. I'd say write it and email it to them, I'm sure they can put it in the file for you.


Thanks, I will and my app was submitted and complete sans interview Nov. 11...so I'm hoping I go complete quickly. I feel as though I've lost early app edge sadly.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:32 pm

NoChainz wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
NoChainz wrote:I just had my interview late last week. How long should it take me to go complete? Also is it appropriate to send a why Northwestern now? I didn't write one with my application because I had very little to say beyond the fact that it's a great school, but after visiting I could write one that would be much more convincing. Should I just leave it? Or go ahead and send it in?

Your app isn't complete yet, and going to visit the campus is definitely a good opportunity to write about how excited you are to attend. I'd say write it and email it to them, I'm sure they can put it in the file for you.


Thanks, I will and my app was submitted and complete sans interview Nov. 11...so I'm hoping I go complete quickly. I feel as though I've lost early app edge sadly.

They've made very, very few decisions so far. You're definitely not too late

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
NoChainz wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
NoChainz wrote:I just had my interview late last week. How long should it take me to go complete? Also is it appropriate to send a why Northwestern now? I didn't write one with my application because I had very little to say beyond the fact that it's a great school, but after visiting I could write one that would be much more convincing. Should I just leave it? Or go ahead and send it in?

Your app isn't complete yet, and going to visit the campus is definitely a good opportunity to write about how excited you are to attend. I'd say write it and email it to them, I'm sure they can put it in the file for you.


Thanks, I will and my app was submitted and complete sans interview Nov. 11...so I'm hoping I go complete quickly. I feel as though I've lost early app edge sadly.

They've made very, very few decisions so far. You're definitely not too late


i disagree. its definitely too late. should definitely withdraw your app. strongly advise anyone else, especially people with respectable gpas to do the same. :wink:

edited for typos
Last edited by feralinfant on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby oaken » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:50 pm

patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm

oaken wrote:patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer.


every time i look at his twitter account and see that tweet staring back at me i feel like i die a little on the inside.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

feralinfant wrote:
oaken wrote:patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer.


every time i look at his twitter account and see that tweet staring back at me i feel like i die a little on the inside.

That was pretty much the worst tweet ever.

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby bananasplit19 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:54 pm

oaken wrote:patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer.

:evil: Johann, why hast thou forsaken us?

User avatar
lt_universe
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby lt_universe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:55 pm

oaken wrote:patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm

lt_universe wrote:
oaken wrote:patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby PBateman1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:So evidently there are literally zero on-campus interview slots left for this cycle as of right now. I honestly couldn't believe this, but I called and the admissions office confirmed it. This is pretty upsetting, but I guess it's my fault for dragging my feet. :|


I'm a late applier as well. Are chances of admission severely hurt by not interviewing? NU is definitely one of my top choices.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby az21833 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm

PBateman1 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:So evidently there are literally zero on-campus interview slots left for this cycle as of right now. I honestly couldn't believe this, but I called and the admissions office confirmed it. This is pretty upsetting, but I guess it's my fault for dragging my feet. :|


I'm a late applier as well. Are chances of admission severely hurt by not interviewing? NU is definitely one of my top choices.


ppl will cancel/drop out. just keep checking it. i was in same boat before

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby risa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm

cusenation wrote:
risa wrote:
NoChainz wrote:How long does it usually take to go complete after having an on-campus interview?


+1 but make it an off-campus instead of an on-campus.

Mine was 1/3/13 and I am not yet complete. I am tempted to call the admissions office, but hesitant since I am afraid the delay might be my fault, since I forgot to report my interview date until last week.


It's harder to say for off-campus interviews because it will depend almost entirely on how quickly your interviewer submits their evaluation, which will depend on how busy they are


I caved and called admissions. They were very nice and he said it can take "a few weeks" especially because they're very busy right now with "other deadlines, like for our accelerated JD program." He looked me up and said "it looks like you have everything else... we might have the interview report too"... He also asked if I'd reported the interview date via the portal and I said yes, but after the fact. He said that might cause a small delay too. I got the impression that matching up my interviewer's report with my file and hitting the "complete" switch is manual and if they're busy, it's just not a priority. My suspicion was pretty much confirmed when I finally went complete less than an hour after I called.

nbj08
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:27 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby nbj08 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm

My current status date changed today - anyone else out there?

User avatar
lt_universe
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby lt_universe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:28 pm

nbj08 wrote:My current status date changed today - anyone else out there?

Nope. Mine still says 12/6/2012

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby feralinfant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:28 pm

nbj08 wrote:My current status date changed today - anyone else out there?


nope. still rocking the 12/19, decision letter w/in 24 hours thing from when i got held.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:31 pm

feralinfant wrote:
nbj08 wrote:My current status date changed today - anyone else out there?


nope. still rocking the 12/19, decision letter w/in 24 hours thing from when i got held.



Still 11/28

User avatar
mtrrw
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby mtrrw » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Still 9/24...

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby dsn32 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Johann tweets! Decisions coming! AHHHHHHHH!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”