Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
danitt wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Looks like I'll be sitting out another round of decisions…

Oh well

Shall we get drunk and commiserate about how sorry they'll be that they haven't accepted us yet?


I'll give admissions the stink-eye tomorrow for y'all. :?

Don't worry, they can take all the time they need, as long as they admit me!

(Well, I'd like to know before May…)

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
danitt wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Looks like I'll be sitting out another round of decisions…

Oh well

Shall we get drunk and commiserate about how sorry they'll be that they haven't accepted us yet?


I'll give admissions the stink-eye tomorrow for y'all. :?

Don't worry, they can take all the time they need, as long as they admit me!

(Well, I'd like to know before May…)


Don't worry, they will! and it better be before ASW so y'all can come party down.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby danitt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 pm

I just want to know sooner rather than later so I don't have to spend to much time on visa/passport changes.

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby risa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:20 am

az21833 wrote:alwayssunny your gif makes it difficult for me to visit the nu thread at work dawg


alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Don't TLS at work. You're stealing time from your employer. But in case you are going to, you can install AdBlock or something to block animated GIFs.


I've tried switching tars and the people clamor for her return. Sorry, bro.


You can just go to your User Control Panel --> Board Preferences --> Edit Display Options and then choose "no" for Display Avatars.

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby risa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:01 am

Aaaaaand in my third bonehead move of this cycle, I just realized that while I've been impatiently waiting to go complete since my interview one week ago, I somehow managed to fail until tonight to remember that I was supposed to report my interview date once it was set. I was able to submit it backdated so I'm hoping this won't hurt me beyond delaying my decision for a week.

Anyone else pull this same move and care to pipe up to make me feel better? (Admits especially welcome :))

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 am

franklyscarlet wrote:Don't worry, they will! and it better be before ASW so y'all can come party down.

Flights are pretty pricey around then. :(

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 am

risa wrote:Aaaaaand in my third bonehead move of this cycle, I just realized that while I've been impatiently waiting to go complete since my interview one week ago, I somehow managed to fail until tonight to remember that I was supposed to report my interview date once it was set. I was able to submit it backdated so I'm hoping this won't hurt me beyond delaying my decision for a week.

Anyone else pull this same move and care to pipe up to make me feel better? (Admits especially welcome :))

I definitely didn't report my interview date and I still went complete.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am

shntn wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Don't worry, they will! and it better be before ASW so y'all can come party down.

Flights are pretty pricey around then. :(

Flights here are pricey ALWAYS. You'd think it was some backwater island with a tiny airport served only by regional airlines.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
shntn wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Don't worry, they will! and it better be before ASW so y'all can come party down.

Flights are pretty pricey around then. :(

Flights here are pricey ALWAYS. You'd think it was some backwater island with a tiny airport served only by regional airlines.

I think they were pretty cheap when we came for interviews. Womp womp. I think I may just make a loooonnnnggg weekend of it (like Weds-Mon) to save money on the flight. Yup, I'm that cheap.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby teiswei » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
shntn wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Don't worry, they will! and it better be before ASW so y'all can come party down.

Flights are pretty pricey around then. :(

Flights here are pricey ALWAYS. You'd think it was some backwater island with a tiny airport served only by regional airlines.

Flying into Midway via Southwest aren't all that bad. I guess it really depends where you are coming from. Flights to Phoenix from Chicago are more expensive than flights from Los Angeles to Chicago. Also, try priceline and be flexible with your times and layovers.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:30 pm

teiswei wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
shntn wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Don't worry, they will! and it better be before ASW so y'all can come party down.

Flights are pretty pricey around then. :(

Flights here are pricey ALWAYS. You'd think it was some backwater island with a tiny airport served only by regional airlines.

Flying into Midway via Southwest aren't all that bad. I guess it really depends where you are coming from. Flights to Phoenix from Chicago are more expensive than flights from Los Angeles to Chicago. Also, try priceline and be flexible with your times and layovers.


Prices are changing fast too. They were 450+ coming from CA to Chi when I checked a couple weeks ago and now down to 300. Our ASW is around the same time as yours

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:33 pm

What are the dates of ASW this year?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:What are the dates of ASW this year?

April 5 and 6.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:37 pm

shntn wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:What are the dates of ASW this year?

April 5 and 6.

Thanks.

I haven't seen anything about it yet (not on the relevant committee), but I assume I'll be able to involve myself somehow.

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby onionz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

So I checked Johann's historical tweets today to check my sense that he had been tweeting less this year than last year. I didn't include all retweets or all answers to other people tweeting @ him, but roughly:

(The Jan # is through the 10th, as to be fair)
2011-2012
Nov 29
Dec 34
Jan 12
Total 75

2012-2013
Nov 12
Dec 14
Jan 3
Total 29


Current theories:

1) Absolutely meaningless.

2) He's just busy. In August one of the admissions staff members left NU and he tweeted:
She's also been my twitter conscience for the past two years. I fear for what might happen.
Maybe it had a big impact.

3) All the activity in the NU thread last year made them hyper-aware of being watched and wanting to communicate with those kids.

Anyway, just something I noticed. Maybe less applicants just means less questions overall for him, or more people are doing their research, or a personal preference on his part.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:01 pm

If it's 3, then I am all for ratcheting up the discourse ITT to get them to tell us if we should be expecting decisions this week. I AM IN SO MUCH WAIT PAIN.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If it's 3, then I am all for ratcheting up the discourse ITT to get them to tell us if we should be expecting decisions this week. I AM IN SO MUCH WAIT PAIN.


+10

A little part of me dies inside every time I see "@IbieHart patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer. "

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:03 pm

cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If it's 3, then I am all for ratcheting up the discourse ITT to get them to tell us if we should be expecting decisions this week. I AM IN SO MUCH WAIT PAIN.


+10

A little part of me dies inside every time I see "@IbieHart patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer. "

Haha! Same. I want to tweet back "HOW MUCH LONGER?!"

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Have you checked his Google+?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Have you checked his Google+?

Nothing since August, unless I have the wrong profile.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Have you checked his Google+?



yeah, I chuckled when I read the part about people submitting a "legal document" for their personal statement

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby onionz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If it's 3, then I am all for ratcheting up the discourse ITT to get them to tell us if we should be expecting decisions this week. I AM IN SO MUCH WAIT PAIN.


I suspect there will be a constant trickle of decisions every Friday from here on out, like last year. As an ED-er deferred to RD, I just hope to get reviewed/accepted in that Jan. time frame indicated in the decision letter, though am I splitter :(. I already live in Chicago with my fiance, I would love to be able to start planning for next year sooner than later...

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm

onionz wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If it's 3, then I am all for ratcheting up the discourse ITT to get them to tell us if we should be expecting decisions this week. I AM IN SO MUCH WAIT PAIN.


I suspect there will be a constant trickle of decisions every Friday from here on out, like last year. As an ED-er deferred to RD, I just hope to get reviewed/accepted in that Jan. time frame indicated in the decision letter, though am I splitter :(. I already live in Chicago with my fiance, I would love to be able to start planning for next year sooner than later...


Here's hoping that the scale for the December LSAT was particularly unforgiving 8)

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby shntn » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If it's 3, then I am all for ratcheting up the discourse ITT to get them to tell us if we should be expecting decisions this week. I AM IN SO MUCH WAIT PAIN.


+10

A little part of me dies inside every time I see "@IbieHart patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer. "

Haha! Same. I want to tweet back "HOW MUCH LONGER?!"

I'll do it. YOLO

Something seems to be rather amiss with my Twitter account. Ahem.

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Postby letitloose » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If it's 3, then I am all for ratcheting up the discourse ITT to get them to tell us if we should be expecting decisions this week. I AM IN SO MUCH WAIT PAIN.


+10

A little part of me dies inside every time I see "@IbieHart patience is very important. for some, this wraps up quickly. for most, it takes much longer. "

Haha! Same. I want to tweet back "HOW MUCH LONGER?!"

I'll do it. YOLO

Something seems to be rather amiss with my Twitter account. Ahem.

YOLO + Already Admitted. Appreciate the attempt, though.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Ferrisjso, kthrynf, neptunian and 5 guests