Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
letitloose

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by letitloose » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:42 pm

That turkey did not make me laugh. Snowman was much more predictable; I think that was the first and last Thanksgiving card I'll ever get.

chickpea

Bronze

Post by chickpea » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 pm

kuddlykoala wrote:also Nyc and also no interview after requesting one like 5 weeks ago. ugh maybe ill call as well after xmas :roll:
also in nyc and it took me 7 weeks to get an interviewer assigned – oh, and the interviewer isn't even located in nyc. i have to go to jersey. nothing against jersey but i'm definitely regretting my decision to request an interview.

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Damnit, not again!

I, Lawyer

New

Post by I, Lawyer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Why would you send me an e-card? Not cool

wisteria

Bronze

Post by wisteria » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:52 pm

cheerios16 wrote:
WaitingandHopeful wrote:How long did everyone have to wait for an off-campus interview assignment?

I submitted my request for one almost 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing. I don't want to call and pester them because I assume it is in the works, but now I'm not so sure. My app is sitting incomplete and I feel like the delay is going to start hurting my chances.

NYC, btw.

I've been waiting for a month now (D.C. area) and just called - they said that they are backed up but we should hear in the next few weeks. I would call - maybe it speeds up the process, who knows - but it seems likely that we might just be waiting for a while.
I was literally about to complain about the same thing when NU notified me that my interviewer has been scheduled. Exactly one month after requesting. I was starting to get anxious too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

moneyball026

Bronze

Post by moneyball026 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:56 pm

wisteria wrote:
cheerios16 wrote:
WaitingandHopeful wrote:How long did everyone have to wait for an off-campus interview assignment?

I submitted my request for one almost 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing. I don't want to call and pester them because I assume it is in the works, but now I'm not so sure. My app is sitting incomplete and I feel like the delay is going to start hurting my chances.

NYC, btw.

I've been waiting for a month now (D.C. area) and just called - they said that they are backed up but we should hear in the next few weeks. I would call - maybe it speeds up the process, who knows - but it seems likely that we might just be waiting for a while.
I was literally about to complain about the same thing when NU notified me that my interviewer has been scheduled. Exactly one month after requesting. I was starting to get anxious too.
They take so long to get interviews scheduled that I was accepted before my interview was scheduled. No, this is not a roast. This is actually the truth. (A truth I am very thankful for, Northwestern!)

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:57 pm

CLEARLY THIS HOLIDAY CARD MEANS THEY LIKE ME /overreaction

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
wisteria wrote:
cheerios16 wrote:

NYC, btw.

They take so long to get interviews scheduled that I was accepted before my interview was scheduled. No, this is not a roast. This is actually the truth. (A truth I am very thankful for, Northwestern!)
This is interesting. My status is still incomplete because I requested an interview, so I was under the impression that they weren't even going to put it in the queue until after the interview. Maybe this isn't the case.

chickpea

Bronze

Post by chickpea » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I was under the same impression.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blackie5

New

Post by blackie5 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:14 pm

What does it mean to be held? I applied ED and just got the decision of being held. What does that mean!?

feralinfant

Silver

Post by feralinfant » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:15 pm

blackie5 wrote:What does it mean to be held? I applied ED and just got the decision of being held. What does that mean!?
it basically means you've been rolled over to RD and you'll probably get a decision in jan.

CO2016YEAH

Silver

Post by CO2016YEAH » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:34 pm

moonman157 wrote:Damnit, not again!
+1

At least this time they put a disclaimer at the top :)

My heart only stopped for half a second this time.

Mdenis1

Bronze

Post by Mdenis1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:08 pm

+1

On another topic, I did my interview on Dec. 4rd (via Skype with an adcom member). My status file is still incomplete... is it normal, after almost 3 weeks? If I would have interviewed with an alumni like most people, I would have just assumed that the alumni took his time to get back to NU but ever since it was directly with them, it looks weird. But I don't want to annoy them with an email if it is normal. What do you think?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:CLEARLY THIS HOLIDAY CARD MEANS THEY LIKE ME /overreaction
It's obviously only future admits that get the holiday emails

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Mdenis1 wrote:
+1

On another topic, I did my interview on Dec. 4rd (via Skype with an adcom member). My status file is still incomplete... is it normal, after almost 3 weeks? If I would have interviewed with an alumni like most people, I would have just assumed that the alumni took his time to get back to NU but ever since it was directly with them, it looks weird. But I don't want to annoy them with an email if it is normal. What do you think?
I heard most people went complete the day after interview including myself, but got interviews through the interview portal. I am not sure how it worked with SKYPE, did you book the interview through the interview portal? It doesn't hurt to ask admission office, they are very friendly and get back to you extremely fast, at least that is my personal experience.

mattsantos

New

Post by mattsantos » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Held for ED.

At the end of that survey to see if you were still interested it says that we should send letters, recs, and more info for our file if we have been up to anything recently- could anyone give some advice about this or PM me with an example letter that has worked in the past? I have extras I could add but am not sure the way that it has been done in the past.

Thanks.

Mdenis1

Bronze

Post by Mdenis1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:03 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:
+1

I heard most people went complete the day after interview including myself, but got interviews through the interview portal. I am not sure how it worked with SKYPE, did you book the interview through the interview portal? It doesn't hurt to ask admission office, they are very friendly and get back to you extremely fast, at least that is my personal experience.
I know they don't usually conduct Skype interviews for the JD program (I am an international applicant and there were no alumnis near my location so they made an exception), so I'm not sure what is the usual delay. I just sent them a polite email asking if it was normal to still have an "Incomplete" status.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

florida1949

Bronze

Post by florida1949 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 pm

florida1949 wrote:Have my off-campus interview tomorrow, wish me luck.
Interview went pretty well (IMO). It was with a retired federal prosecutor and lasted a little over two hours. It was more like a conversation than an interview although he did ask a bunch of the questions in the OP. I think my answers were all decent except for the "what qualities make a good leader/what qualities do you have that make you a leader?" questions which I oddly drew a blank to and gave some weird, rambling answer.

"uhhh.... i think...uhhhh [staring off into space]... uhhh... TRUSTWORTHINESS"

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 pm

florida1949 wrote:
Interview went pretty well (IMO). It was with a retired federal prosecutor and lasted a little over two hours. It was more like a conversation than an interview although he did ask a bunch of the questions in the OP. I think my answers were all decent except for the "what qualities make a good leader/what qualities do you have that make you a leader?" questions which I oddly drew a blank to and gave some weird, rambling answer.

Two hours? JFC that's a bit much. Glad it went well, though!

florida1949

Bronze

Post by florida1949 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 pm

shntn wrote:
florida1949 wrote:

yeah haha probably because we had our interview over lunch + i had a lot of questions for him personally (i'm interested in prosecution)

oaken

Bronze

Post by oaken » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:56 pm

florida1949 wrote:
shntn wrote:
florida1949 wrote:

yeah haha probably because we had our interview over lunch + i had a lot of questions for him personally (i'm interested in prosecution)
Well whether it does or does not help you out with Northwestern sounds like it was probably a pretty great experience all the same.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

oaken

Bronze

Post by oaken » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:47 am

Had a dream that I was with a lot of other applicants. NU sent two boxes of acceptance letters to us. However one box also had scholarship offers for those students and the other box didn't. I was in the second box. I made a post on TLS about how I thought this was unprofessional of them. What is my life

CMHCLT

New

Post by CMHCLT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 am

oaken wrote:Had a dream that I was with a lot of other applicants. NU sent two boxes of acceptance letters to us. However one box also had scholarship offers for those students and the other box didn't. I was in the second box. I made a post on TLS about how I thought this was unprofessional of them. What is my life

I see these things with my waking eye. When an actual decision arrives it may take some time for me to believe it's real.

SpecterHewes&Mccoy

New

Post by SpecterHewes&Mccoy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 pm

"Decision availible withint 24 hours" posted as of the 19th. Still nothing...

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:08 pm

SpecterHewes&Mccoy wrote:"Decision availible withint 24 hours" posted as of the 19th. Still nothing...
GUH

click here

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”