Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cobretti

Gold

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Cobretti » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm

ssanonymous wrote:Soooo apparently I went from the waitlist to a hold, but I withdrew when I was waitlisted because I knew there was no chance for financial aid. Now that I'm on hold, I wouldn't mind being on hold BUT I'm afraid because I previously withdrew, the law school will think I'm not interested. Should I send them an email explaining as much?
I'd explain it exactly as you have here.

ssanonymous

Silver

Post by ssanonymous » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:18 pm

mrizza wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:Soooo apparently I went from the waitlist to a hold, but I withdrew when I was waitlisted because I knew there was no chance for financial aid. Now that I'm on hold, I wouldn't mind being on hold BUT I'm afraid because I previously withdrew, the law school will think I'm not interested. Should I send them an email explaining as much?
Thanks guys! I'll send something on Monday. And cusenation, I don't get it either. I guess I was supposed to be held from the beginning, but they accidentally sent a bunch of us waitlist decisions instead. I only figured out that I was on hold when they sent the hold update email earlier this week.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
mrizza wrote:
Thanks guys! I'll send something on Monday. And cusenation, I don't get it either. I guess I was supposed to be held from the beginning, but they accidentally sent a bunch of us waitlist decisions instead. I only figured out that I was on hold when they sent the hold update email earlier this week.
Johann recently explained (LinkRemoved) the hold/waitlist situation in case anyone still has questions.

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
mrizza wrote:
Yep.

Gotta check the thread more. :P

ssanonymous

Silver

Post by ssanonymous » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Jaqen wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:
mrizza wrote:
Yep.

Gotta check the thread more. :P
haha, I checked out as soon as I got the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

emaliefaythe

New

Post by emaliefaythe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm wondering how many ED-RD holds are still out there waiting for a decisions letter? Do any of you think we will be lumped in the RD holds and not receive decisions until much later??

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 pm

emaliefaythe wrote:I'm wondering how many ED-RD holds are still out there waiting for a decisions letter? Do any of you think we will be lumped in the RD holds and not receive decisions until much later??
It would depend on the wording of the original letter...did it specifically say that you guys were put on hold? or were you guys deferred into the RD pool...I think there were a few ED-to-RD people ITT that heard back a few weeks ago. My guess would be that you guys are just part of the normal RD pool for now, I would be shocked if your decisions weren't delivered within the next two weeks..

oaken

Bronze

Post by oaken » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:17 pm

HOLY SHIT why did i put off needaccess for this long

emaliefaythe

New

Post by emaliefaythe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Our letters said we were just put on hold and that they were shooting to review us at the end of Jan, it does sound like a lot of ED--RD's have heard though a few of us have not. At the beginning of every week I find myself saying: This is it, it's going to be this week. And then it isn't.
I feel like us ED--RD holds really are in a unique situation because obviously NU is our first choice, since ED is binding.

Hope can be such a odd thing, and its giving me anxiety. Ha.
I just want to know.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm

emaliefaythe wrote:Our letters said we were just put on hold and that they were shooting to review us at the end of Jan, it does sound like a lot of ED--RD's have heard though a few of us have not. At the beginning of every week I find myself saying: This is it, it's going to be this week. And then it isn't.
I feel like us ED--RD holds really are in a unique situation because obviously NU is our first choice, since ED is binding.

Hope can be such a odd thing, and its giving me anxiety. Ha.
I just want to know.
+1

I think everyone ITT can sympathize with any anxiety caused by NU's long wait-time :? but on the bright side, you haven't been dinged yet! They must like something about you! NU is running out of time anyway, it's almost March. Here's hoping there's lots of good news in this week!

pedestrian

Bronze

Post by pedestrian » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:04 pm

oaken wrote:HOLY SHIT why did i put off needaccess for this long
+1

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Johann recently explained the hold/waitlist situation in case anyone still has questions.
Thanks for the link! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Was going to call them this week. But now I don't. So according to Johann, those of us on hold still have a chance!

Best of luck to everyone else who is also on hold.

Dr. Filth

Silver

Post by Dr. Filth » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:21 pm

So I have a really important question unlike all of this hold stuff.

I'm going to go up for an interview. Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay and, more importantly, what bars I should go to? I've only been to Chicago for concerts, so I've never even come close to exploring.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:25 pm

pedestrian wrote:
+1
PayPal wasn't working for me a few days ago. I really need to get it submitted tonight :-|

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:43 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
pedestrian wrote:
+1
PayPal wasn't working for me a few days ago. I really need to get it submitted tonight :-|
Yes Shifty get it done! Hound your parents, stay up late, fill it out. You'll feel better once that paperwork is over and you can sit back and let the schollies roll in. Or not, but whatever just make sure you do it!

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Completely random question, but is it bad form to use the really nice NU portfolio for work if I don't end up attending?

Mostly trying to avoid looking like a complete douche, but it is a legitimately nice portfolio and I'd like to use it at work regardless of my lasting affiliation to the school.

tcliff

New

Post by tcliff » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:So I have a really important question unlike all of this hold stuff.

I'm going to go up for an interview. Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay and, more importantly, what bars I should go to? I've only been to Chicago for concerts, so I've never even come close to exploring.
The heart of Chicago is in the neighborhoods -- not really the one around NU law, although most hotels are in the area. Rough breakdown of the areas:

Wicker Park: Kind of a mixed yuppie/hipster area, if you're into that, head to the area around north and Milwaukee -- you'll find an interesting bar to check out.
Lincoln park: More preppy bars -- less rough around the edges than Wicker Park, still a good nightlife.
Wrigleyville: Fratty bars, can be fun, but usually are relatively straightforward.

I'm a native who hasn't lived there in years, but returns frequently.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
pedestrian wrote:
+1
Yes Shifty get it done! Hound your parents, stay up late, fill it out. You'll feel better once that paperwork is over and you can sit back and let the schollies roll in. Or not, but whatever just make sure you do it!
I don't even need their info for NU. The problem is that i still can't get PayPal to load!!!!! I'm going to try on another computer/different wifi network tomorrow. :(

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 am

these essays are killing me.

i'm half-expecting for there to be an essay requirement with the seat deposit, too :roll:

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:these essays are killing me.

i'm half-expecting for there to be an essay requirement with the seat deposit, too :roll:
"If you could donate your seat deposit to one underdog character in a fictional book, television show, opera or movie, who would it be, and why?"

az21833

Silver

Post by az21833 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 am

what essays are these?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 am

az21833 wrote:

what essays are these?
Essays to be considered for scholarships.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 am

BigZuck wrote:
az21833 wrote:

what essays are these?
+1
I'm running out of ways to rephrase "I'm broke"

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 am

cusenation wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
az21833 wrote:

what essays are these?
+1

+1 what do they want exactly? do they want to know how much is in my checking account? they're getting needaccess so they'll be able to see everything in #s so not sure what I need to do in word format for it...

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
+1

+1 what do they want exactly? do they want to know how much is in my checking account? they're getting needaccess so they'll be able to see everything in #s so not sure what I need to do in word format for it...
It's all about who can make the best kool-aid :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”