UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
meggylou
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby meggylou » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:46 pm

I got a call from Dean Schwartz this morning too! UCLA has been my top choice this entire time so I am soooooo excited. Literally still shaking. I didn't personalize my ps to UCLA but I wrote a programmatic contribution re their street law clinic. LSAT: 170 GPA: 3.42 (upward trend). I AM SO EXCITED! And good luck to all those waiting to hear. PM me if you want any more info

User avatar
Omnivalc
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Omnivalc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Submitted on Friday night, it seems like there's a pretty good turn-around with applications this year. Exciting!

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gisney » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Got the call from Dean Schwartz over an hour ago! Also told me I will be getting a merit scholarship :)

I did not write a programmatic contribution essay. I left that section blank and my PS was a general one that I sent to everyone.

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nsideirish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Anyone know if they provide any kind of stipend for admitted students to visit?

WhiskeynCoke
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiskeynCoke » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Congrats all new admits!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:32 pm

WhiskeynCoke wrote:Congrats all new admits!


+1

hattrick87
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hattrick87 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Recently accepted students: when were your applications complete? Trying to get an idea of how fast they're going through them...

husker2012
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby husker2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm

hattrick87 wrote:Recently accepted students: when were your applications complete? Trying to get an idea of how fast they're going through them...


Applied 10/25
Application Complete 10/26

User avatar
meggylou
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby meggylou » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Applied: 10/30
Complete: 11/2

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gisney » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Applied: 11/1
Complete: 11/06
Accepted: 11/19

hattrick87
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hattrick87 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Anyone apply ED and receive any scholarship money? Just curious how that affects the likelihood of getting $.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Applied: 10/30
Received: 10/31
Complete: 11/02

BlackadderIn
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BlackadderIn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Congrats lucky ones! :-)

One quick question: did you guys submit a separate Why UCLA essay? Especially if you are not CA residents? I just submitted today and did write something as program contribution but did not attach a Why UCLA. Not sure if I should add it.

thanks!

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:04 pm

BlackadderIn wrote:Congrats lucky ones! :-)

One quick question: did you guys submit a separate Why UCLA essay? Especially if you are not CA residents? I just submitted today and did write something as program contribution but did not attach a Why UCLA. Not sure if I should add it.

thanks!


I didn't. I'm from Los Angeles, though, so it might have been clear. I don't think it's necessary to send them a Why UCLA if you wrote a programmatic contribution essay - it'll show you did your research already. Maybe save the Why UCLA for your LOCI or if you feel that you're a borderline candidate, send it in.

BlackadderIn
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BlackadderIn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks Comeonletsgo!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Got a call from UCLA today. :shock: :shock:

Was the Almuni Association looking for donations. :cry: :cry:

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:31 pm

dproduct wrote:Got a call from UCLA today. :shock: :shock:

Was the Almuni Association looking for donations. :cry: :cry:

My undergrad does the same thing so I kind of tune it out. If an acceptance ever comes, I doubt I'll even realize it.

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm

dproduct wrote:Got a call from UCLA today. :shock: :shock:

Was the Almuni Association looking for donations. :cry: :cry:


Oh no! Haha :(

But congrats newly admits!

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Gisney wrote:Got the call from Dean Schwartz over an hour ago! Also told me I will be getting a merit scholarship :)

I did not write a programmatic contribution essay. I left that section blank and my PS was a general one that I sent to everyone.



What are your numbers if it's not too personnal? :)

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 pm

I have been complete since Oct 17th (168 3.92) ... Is it a bad sign that people that applied agter me are already in while I haven't heard anything?

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby tyler.durden » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Mdenis1 wrote:I have been complete since Oct 17th (168 3.92) ... Is it a bad sign that people that applied agter me are already in while I haven't heard anything?


Same here, 172/3.6... makes me worried.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 06102016 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 pm

..

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm

slack_academic wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:I have been complete since Oct 17th (168 3.92) ... Is it a bad sign that people that applied agter me are already in while I haven't heard anything?


Same here, 172/3.6... makes me worried.


same... and similar stat. Also worried.


If it helps... last year they were all over the place with acceptances. My friend 173/3.4 got in after two weeks in December, while others who applied in October/early November were still waiting (some with superior numbers). UCLA is a bit random in its acceptances. Don't worry too much guys.

With those numbers, I can't see why either of you wouldn't get accepted.

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby tyler.durden » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 pm

dproduct wrote:
slack_academic wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:I have been complete since Oct 17th (168 3.92) ... Is it a bad sign that people that applied agter me are already in while I haven't heard anything?


Same here, 172/3.6... makes me worried.


same... and similar stat. Also worried.


If it helps... last year they were all over the place with acceptances. My friend 173/3.4 got in after two weeks in December, while others who applied in October/early November were still waiting (some with superior numbers). UCLA is a bit random in its acceptances. Don't worry too much guys.

With those numbers, I can't see why either of you wouldn't get accepted.


Thank you, that helps :)

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Thank you, it is indeed reassuring :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcapace, hellohalo, Houzy, pandaaa, theothercat, WarriorPoet and 18 guests