UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
slowboat
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby slowboat » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Just now WL'd via email. Complete mid January sometime.

170/2.9. Non-urm. Undergrad alum (for whatever that's worth).

Three applications, three waitlists (LA, Irvine, Penn). Such is life for a splitter.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dmini7 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Waitlist here too. I can't believe they actually gave me a decision lol. 164/3.2 AA urm. Actually surprised its not a ding since being a URM for a UC can't really be "used" for admission purposes.

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cellar-door » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:12 pm

slowboat wrote:Just now WL'd via email. Complete mid January sometime.

170/2.9. Non-urm. Undergrad alum (for whatever that's worth).

Three applications, three waitlists (LA, Irvine, Penn). Such is life for a splitter.

.
Last edited by Cellar-door on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yupyup
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yupyup » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:13 pm

slowboat wrote:Just now WL'd via email. Complete mid January sometime.

170/2.9. Non-urm. Undergrad alum (for whatever that's worth).

Three applications, three waitlists (LA, Irvine, Penn). Such is life for a splitter.


Sorry to hear that. :-/ But you only applied to three schools? I know you're sub-3.0. So am I. But you have a really good lsat score. You should've been able to get in somewhere, even in the top 20.

User avatar
yupyup
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yupyup » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 pm

yupyup wrote:
slowboat wrote:Just now WL'd via email. Complete mid January sometime.

170/2.9. Non-urm. Undergrad alum (for whatever that's worth).

Three applications, three waitlists (LA, Irvine, Penn). Such is life for a splitter.


Sorry to hear that. :-/ But you only applied to three schools? I know you're sub-3.0. So am I. But you have a really good lsat score. You should've been able to get in somewhere, even in the top 20.


If you also submitted your other apps in Jan, that might've worked against you. Splitters especially should apply right when the cycle starts or as soon as possible afterwards. Good luck if you plan to apply again or ride out the waitlists.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby eyfl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Also just got the WL email. Withdrew.

User avatar
yupyup
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yupyup » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Looks like there's a lot of movement today. :shock:

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Would it be rude to call and ask if I can hope for merit aid? I'm a late applicant and thus was only accepted recently, but deadlines are coming up.. If it's not rude, who should I call?

Jonathk1
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jonathk1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:26 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Would it be rude to call and ask if I can hope for merit aid? I'm a late applicant and thus was only accepted recently, but deadlines are coming up.. If it's not rude, who should I call?


Generally, people email the financial aid office.

bruin91
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bruin91 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Would it be rude to call and ask if I can hope for merit aid? I'm a late applicant and thus was only accepted recently, but deadlines are coming up.. If it's not rude, who should I call?


Don't call. Email Dean Schwartz or financial aid

User avatar
b123
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby b123 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 am

Dmini7 wrote:Waitlist here too. I can't believe they actually gave me a decision lol. 164/3.2 AA urm. Actually surprised its not a ding since being a URM for a UC can't really be "used" for admission purposes.


Mind if I ask when you applied?

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:48 am

Finally in yesterday and with $$$ to boot. Just wish they'd gotten back to me sooner so I could've gone to the last ASW. Despite the dog-and-pony-show-ness of the events, I've found that talking to the faculties has been very helpful in assessing my fit with schools. Way to make this decision even harder UCLA...

vrmsoccer
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby vrmsoccer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 am

GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Finally in yesterday and with $$$ to boot. Just wish they'd gotten back to me sooner so I could've gone to the last ASW. Despite the dog-and-pony-show-ness of the events, I've found that talking to the faculties has been very helpful in assessing my fit with schools. Way to make this decision even harder UCLA...

How did they tell you about financial aid? I haven't heard anything from them about it, though I did just get accepted yesterday.

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:54 am

vrmsoccer wrote:
GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Finally in yesterday and with $$$ to boot. Just wish they'd gotten back to me sooner so I could've gone to the last ASW. Despite the dog-and-pony-show-ness of the events, I've found that talking to the faculties has been very helpful in assessing my fit with schools. Way to make this decision even harder UCLA...

How did they tell you about financial aid? I haven't heard anything from them about it, though I did just get accepted yesterday.


When the dean called me he immediately followed the news of my acceptance with the merit aid I had received.

bruin91
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bruin91 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 am

GoldHattedGatsby wrote:
vrmsoccer wrote:
GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Finally in yesterday and with $$$ to boot. Just wish they'd gotten back to me sooner so I could've gone to the last ASW. Despite the dog-and-pony-show-ness of the events, I've found that talking to the faculties has been very helpful in assessing my fit with schools. Way to make this decision even harder UCLA...

How did they tell you about financial aid? I haven't heard anything from them about it, though I did just get accepted yesterday.


When the dean called me he immediately followed the news of my acceptance with the merit aid I had received.



There's a reception in San Francisco on the 17th if you could go. I'm sure they'd love to have you.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ht2988 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 am

I think I'm ready to commit to UCLA!!! Unless a miracle happens and I get into Columbia or off the WL at Chicago, I'm pretty excited to say that I'll be in Westwood this fall :-) congrats to everyone who got in. And to those who didn't, I applied with a score of 161 in the 2010-2011 cycle and was not surprisingly rejected. I studied my ass off last summer and retook and scored 173 and now I'm in with $120k. Don't sell yourselves short - if u aren't getting into the schools you'd like to attend, change your study plan and retake!

User avatar
yodamiked
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yodamiked » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Does anyone know if the amount offered in a need-based grant will change from year to year assuming you still qualify for it in subsequent years?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:24 pm

I still haven't heard anything about money.. accepted last week.. =\

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby md22 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Still no word from UCLA yet. No clue what to think at this point.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Sent an email to financial aid.. got the generic financial info that came at the bottom of the acceptance letter (literally), followed by, "Email back if you have any questions".

...emailed back with same question. I feel like such a jerk ("ARE YOU GIVING ME MONEY?"). I'm too socially awkward for the law school application process. :?

User avatar
AKsnow
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby AKsnow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:26 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Sent an email to financial aid.. got the generic financial info that came at the bottom of the acceptance letter (literally), followed by, "Email back if you have any questions".

...emailed back with same question. I feel like such a jerk ("ARE YOU GIVING ME MONEY?"). I'm too socially awkward for the law school application process. :?


You should send an e-mail directly to Dean Schwartz.

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:41 pm

ht2988 wrote:I think I'm ready to commit to UCLA!!! Unless a miracle happens and I get into Columbia or off the WL at Chicago, I'm pretty excited to say that I'll be in Westwood this fall :-) congrats to everyone who got in. And to those who didn't, I applied with a score of 161 in the 2010-2011 cycle and was not surprisingly rejected. I studied my ass off last summer and retook and scored 173 and now I'm in with $120k. Don't sell yourselves short - if u aren't getting into the schools you'd like to attend, change your study plan and retake!


Congrats ht, thats a great scholly offer!

Also I have a question to others who have been waitlisted? Did you fax the form to remain on the WL or is there some way to fill out the pdf using a computer? It asks for a signature so are they expecting it through fax?

User avatar
AKsnow
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby AKsnow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 pm

chadbrochill wrote:
ht2988 wrote:I think I'm ready to commit to UCLA!!! Unless a miracle happens and I get into Columbia or off the WL at Chicago, I'm pretty excited to say that I'll be in Westwood this fall :-) congrats to everyone who got in. And to those who didn't, I applied with a score of 161 in the 2010-2011 cycle and was not surprisingly rejected. I studied my ass off last summer and retook and scored 173 and now I'm in with $120k. Don't sell yourselves short - if u aren't getting into the schools you'd like to attend, change your study plan and retake!


Congrats ht, thats a great scholly offer!

Also I have a question to others who have been waitlisted? Did you fax the form to remain on the WL or is there some way to fill out the pdf using a computer? It asks for a signature so are they expecting it through fax?


Could you sign it and scan it and e-mail it back as a PDF?

KingFish
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KingFish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 pm

chadbrochill wrote:
ht2988 wrote:I think I'm ready to commit to UCLA!!! Unless a miracle happens and I get into Columbia or off the WL at Chicago, I'm pretty excited to say that I'll be in Westwood this fall :-) congrats to everyone who got in. And to those who didn't, I applied with a score of 161 in the 2010-2011 cycle and was not surprisingly rejected. I studied my ass off last summer and retook and scored 173 and now I'm in with $120k. Don't sell yourselves short - if u aren't getting into the schools you'd like to attend, change your study plan and retake!


Congrats ht, thats a great scholly offer!

Also I have a question to others who have been waitlisted? Did you fax the form to remain on the WL or is there some way to fill out the pdf using a computer? It asks for a signature so are they expecting it through fax?

There's a way to "draw" your signature on a PDF. Click around the PDF viewer until you find it. That's what I did. And then for the other stuff use text boxes.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby clouded.memory » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 pm

I haven't checked this thread in awhile, so I don't know if this has already been mentioned (and my apologies, if it has), but after withdrawing yesterday, I received a call from the Admissions Office notifying me that my application was with the Scholarship Committee and under consideration for merit aid. They asked me how much I was looking for, but I turned them down. Anyways, I thought this information might be helpful to those of you admits who were admitted earlier, but haven't heard anything about merit aid yet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Assasindowntheavenue, azaleafire, carlos_danger, Christinabruin, Houzy, Imago Loop, jstans, Pugnax and 14 guests