UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:00 am

maggielizer wrote:Just submitted mine! :)


Good luck!!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:01 am

sanjola wrote:
dproduct wrote:Sent in my futile attempt at admissions today.

Hopefully they take pity on me.



Same here! Love that avatar, too.


Haha thanks! We're in a few threads together. I hope we both end up with a lot of acceptances. Good luck to you!

User avatar
gate08
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gate08 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:19 am

There seem to be mixed responses to this question, so for people who have been accepted with money, did your offer come with your acceptance letter, and if not, when/how did it arrive? Thanks!

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sanjola » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 am

dproduct wrote:
sanjola wrote:
dproduct wrote:Sent in my futile attempt at admissions today.

Hopefully they take pity on me.



Same here! Love that avatar, too.


Haha thanks! We're in a few threads together. I hope we both end up with a lot of acceptances. Good luck to you!


Thanks! Best of luck to you too. :)

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 am

CO2016YEAH wrote:Is anyone out there admitted and planning on attending UCLA at full price??? Am I the only one gravely concerned about the tremendous debt burden (of attending anywhere)?


It is indeed really expensive if you're not a resident!

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 am

laura2011 wrote:Just accepted - super happy :D

To all international applicants: they might not call you abroad so you just get an e-mail referring to an acceptance you never actually received, which sounds a bit like a mistake. I called the admissions office and they were very nice about it all and (most importantly of course) the e-mail was not sent by accident!!


Oohh thank you for sharing that info! I am international as well and was wondering if they would call me. Congrats on your acceptance, may I ask you where are you from?

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 am

sanjola wrote:
dproduct wrote:
sanjola wrote:
dproduct wrote:Sent in my futile attempt at admissions today.

Hopefully they take pity on me.



Same here! Love that avatar, too.


Haha thanks! We're in a few threads together. I hope we both end up with a lot of acceptances. Good luck to you!


Thanks! Best of luck to you too. :)


Good luck guys :)

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Mdenis1 wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:Is anyone out there admitted and planning on attending UCLA at full price??? Am I the only one gravely concerned about the tremendous debt burden (of attending anywhere)?


It is indeed really expensive if you're not a resident!


It is indeed expensive if you are! :shock:

Nevertheless, I'm in. If I get in, that is.

Good luck, guys.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby digifly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Does UCLA send out emails when apps are "complete"? I only aks because I'm trying to keep track of all the emails coming in and they are conspicuously absent so far. Maybe I just have to wait longer, though.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 pm

digifly wrote:Does UCLA send out emails when apps are "complete"? I only aks because I'm trying to keep track of all the emails coming in and they are conspicuously absent so far. Maybe I just have to wait longer, though.


Yes. It took them longer than other schools when I sent out my batch of applications.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby digifly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:
digifly wrote:Does UCLA send out emails when apps are "complete"? I only aks because I'm trying to keep track of all the emails coming in and they are conspicuously absent so far. Maybe I just have to wait longer, though.


Yes. It took them longer than other schools when I sent out my batch of applications.


Awesome, thank you for letting me know!

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 am

digifly wrote:
JohnMarshall17 wrote:
digifly wrote:Does UCLA send out emails when apps are "complete"? I only aks because I'm trying to keep track of all the emails coming in and they are conspicuously absent so far. Maybe I just have to wait longer, though.


Yes. It took them longer than other schools when I sent out my batch of applications.


Awesome, thank you for letting me know!


Of course! Just to let you know, it took 4 business days if you're curious (I know I was)! Good luck!

User avatar
laura2011
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby laura2011 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 am

does anyone know how long it takes them to reply to e-mails regarding financial aid? i sent them one on the weekend asking what international students are eligible for and i'm starting to wonder if my e-mails gotten lost or sth ...

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 am

laura2011 wrote:does anyone know how long it takes them to reply to e-mails regarding financial aid? i sent them one on the weekend asking what international students are eligible for and i'm starting to wonder if my e-mails gotten lost or sth ...


I asked them the same question and got a answer fast! We're not eligible to have as much finincial aid as US citizens/residents but they can stii give you some need-based aid, you need to complete the Need Access application. It'snot enough to cover the tuition for international students though so make sure you have something else.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby digifly » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:28 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:Of course! Just to let you know, it took 4 business days if you're curious (I know I was)! Good luck!


Got my email this morning. Took about 5 business days!

User avatar
laura2011
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby laura2011 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Mdenis1 wrote:
laura2011 wrote:does anyone know how long it takes them to reply to e-mails regarding financial aid? i sent them one on the weekend asking what international students are eligible for and i'm starting to wonder if my e-mails gotten lost or sth ...


I asked them the same question and got a answer fast! We're not eligible to have as much finincial aid as US citizens/residents but they can stii give you some need-based aid, you need to complete the Need Access application. It'snot enough to cover the tuition for international students though so make sure you have something else.



thank you for the info!!

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 pm

When do we think the next batch of acceptances are going to come? I know it's not good to speculate, but...........

User avatar
levinelove
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby levinelove » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:When do we think the next batch of acceptances are going to come? I know it's not good to speculate, but...........



For our sanity, I'm really hoping this will happen soon

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm

levinelove wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:When do we think the next batch of acceptances are going to come? I know it's not good to speculate, but...........



For our sanity, I'm really hoping this will happen soon


Agreed. I got an email yesterday about the school's Law and Philosophy specialization and jumped. My phone is on extra loud, too.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Acceptances seem to trickle in at random, no real "batches" or anything. Their admissions standards are also bizarre and hard to predict (from what little research I have done on them). I suggest relaxing and having a beer or something and not worrying about it.

User avatar
kaf5250
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kaf5250 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
levinelove wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:When do we think the next batch of acceptances are going to come? I know it's not good to speculate, but...........



For our sanity, I'm really hoping this will happen soon


Agreed. I got an email yesterday about the school's Law and Philosophy specialization and jumped. My phone is on extra loud, too.


I got that email too! I got so excited than realized what it was, but hopefully if they're sending us info about stuff that has to do with our major it means they're reviewing our files!

User avatar
FallingHigher
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby FallingHigher » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 pm

BigZuck wrote:Acceptances seem to trickle in at random, no real "batches" or anything. Their admissions standards are also bizarre and hard to predict (from what little research I have done on them). I suggest relaxing and having a beer or something and not worrying about it.


Ill drink to that.

User avatar
emzizzle
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby emzizzle » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi, just checking in now (late, I know). Congrats to everyone who's been admitted already!!

I saw someone brought this up earlier, but no one responded--is it necessary/recommended to fill out the Programmatic Contribution section of the application? Any advice would be appreciated!

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 pm

emzizzle wrote:Hi, just checking in now (late, I know). Congrats to everyone who's been admitted already!!

I saw someone brought this up earlier, but no one responded--is it necessary/recommended to fill out the Programmatic Contribution section of the application? Any advice would be appreciated!


Considering they thought enough of the question to make it its own section on the application, what makes you think it would be optional?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm

emzizzle wrote:Hi, just checking in now (late, I know). Congrats to everyone who's been admitted already!!

I saw someone brought this up earlier, but no one responded--is it necessary/recommended to fill out the Programmatic Contribution section of the application? Any advice would be appreciated!


IMO, If you have nothing to say, it may be best to leave it be.

I know plenty of people who have been admitted and did not answer it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, hellohalo, Houzy, Rio123, shotgunheist and 14 guests