UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
diesel115
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby diesel115 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 pm

For those that have successfully negotiated scholly $$ - did you email or call? Suggestions?

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby VeeD101 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:40 pm

diesel115 wrote:For those that have successfully negotiated scholly $$ - did you email or call? Suggestions?


Emailed. Dean Schwartz is really friendly, send him an open ended email expressing your interest and tell him that financial considerations are a big factor. He'll guide you from there depending on your situation.

I would personally not call since an email allows you to take the time to say precisely what you want. I also think I would feel really awkward asking for more money on the phone and would therefore not do a good job at it. Good Luck :)

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Has anyone been given the Epstein scholarship?

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby risa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 pm

ssanonymous wrote:Has anyone been given the Epstein scholarship?

Not sure exactly what you're asking about, since Epstein doesn't actually have a scholarship tied to it (but two Epstein admits a year get the Stache scholarship). I was at ASW Monday and met someone who had already been accepted to Epstein, but was told that additional decisions are forthcoming (the admit I met had applied and been accepted months before me). I don't know if anyone's gotten the Stache Scholarship yet. I don't think so, since the info online about that scholarship seems to say that a committee and the Stache trust consider all of the Epstein admits for the scholarships.

Golden Bear 11
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Golden Bear 11 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

zman wrote:
yodamiked wrote:Confused. According to USNEWS, out of state tuition at UCLA is $51,715 per year. According to UCLA's site, it is $53,958 per year. Is USNEWS stating next year's tuition, or are they just on drugs?


yeah I noticed that too. weird. ucla's website is probably right though.


Tuition for 2012-2013 is $51,715 for out of state.

$53,958 - $51,715 = UC student health insurance (which can be waived if you have health insurance already)

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:35 pm

risa wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:Has anyone been given the Epstein scholarship?

Not sure exactly what you're asking about, since Epstein doesn't actually have a scholarship tied to it (but two Epstein admits a year get the Stache scholarship). I was at ASW Monday and met someone who had already been accepted to Epstein, but was told that additional decisions are forthcoming (the admit I met had applied and been accepted months before me). I don't know if anyone's gotten the Stache Scholarship yet. I don't think so, since the info online about that scholarship seems to say that a committee and the Stache trust consider all of the Epstein admits for the scholarships.


oh, I thought Epstein came with a scholarship. Interesting. Thanks!

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nsideirish » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Submitted FAFSA/NeedAccess on Tuesday. Received an offer for a $10,000/yr need-based grant in addition to my merit scholarship.

Makes things a bit more interesting...

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby teiswei » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Imminent dings today? It's been a while.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby md22 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

teiswei wrote:Imminent dings today? It's been a while.


Perhaps...I've been complete since 1/7 with no word. Assuming a big ole dingalingding is coming my way :?

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Lighthouseman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:20 pm

1/7 complete here too. Starting to lose hope lol

elcee1987
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby elcee1987 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:46 pm

I've been complete since january too. I just want to know now!! Its prob a ding, but what if I accept at u of arizona (deadline is beginning of april, fml) and then get into ucla??

Yumizzz
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Yumizzz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:55 pm

same here, haven't heard a word since complete in mid-Jan.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby teiswei » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 pm

elcee1987 wrote:I've been complete since january too. I just want to know now!! Its prob a ding, but what if I accept at u of arizona (deadline is beginning of april, fml) and then get into ucla??

You can pay the deposit and if you get in you can eat the $500

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby BigZuck » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:06 pm

teiswei wrote:
elcee1987 wrote:I've been complete since january too. I just want to know now!! Its prob a ding, but what if I accept at u of arizona (deadline is beginning of april, fml) and then get into ucla??

You can pay the deposit and if you get in, you can eat the $500


This. Also for most schools if you want to get in early you have to apply early. Applying in January is risky if you want to know by March or April.

*Does not apply to Stanford, Columbia, NYU, USC, and a bunch of other schools that like to watch you squirm for months before waitlisting you.

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby andy261 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:14 pm

WL :(

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:22 pm

andy261 wrote:WL :(


Welcome brother.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby teiswei » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 pm

andy261 wrote:WL :(

No WL = ding :/ expected

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mcs268 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Wow, UCLA's rejection letter was definitely the worst i've gotten so far. At least Berkeley was nice about it..

KingFish
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby KingFish » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 pm

No email yet. My palms are sweaty.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dmini7 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm

mcs268 wrote:Wow, UCLA's rejection letter was definitely the worst i've gotten so far. At least Berkeley was nice about it..


care to post the basic structure of it? I assume I will be getting a ding soon, It has been a long time since I heard from them.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby teiswei » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 pm

mcs268 wrote:Wow, UCLA's rejection letter was definitely the worst i've gotten so far. At least Berkeley was nice about it..

Mind sharing when you were complete?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
mcs268 wrote:Wow, UCLA's rejection letter was definitely the worst i've gotten so far. At least Berkeley was nice about it..


care to post the basic structure of it? I assume I will be getting a ding soon, It has been a long time since I heard from them.


PM'd last years.

Raymond112909
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:59 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Raymond112909 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm

UCLA you are killing me let me know please!!! I am praying that I will have to make the rather difficult decision of being a Bruin or a Trojan.

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby zman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Raymond112909 wrote:UCLA you are killing me let me know please!!! I am praying that I will have to make the rather difficult decision of being a Bruin or a Trojan.


what are your stats?

Raymond112909
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:59 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Raymond112909 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:30 pm

lets just say that my stats are not the greatest but I am a URM and law school predicator has me as a weak consider for UCLA but it had me as a deny for USC and I got in!! haha sorry Im just a little shy with the stats because I know UCLA has top notch applicants.

hows your cycle going??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], whodareswins, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests