UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gisney » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Submitted today! Had a hidden fee waiver :D

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dsn32 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Has anyone heard about merit scholarships yet? Dean Schwartz had mentioned that they will begin being issued in late October/early November in my phone call (one of the mid-September admits) and I haven't heard back yet!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:36 pm

dsn32 wrote:Has anyone heard about merit scholarships yet? Dean Schwartz had mentioned that they will begin being issued in late October/early November in my phone call (one of the mid-September admits) and I haven't heard back yet!

Not yet. I expect we'll start getting offers sometime soon. And they seem keen to match other schools' offers, so whatever number they throw out is probably just a starting point.

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dsn32 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:00 pm

shntn wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Has anyone heard about merit scholarships yet? Dean Schwartz had mentioned that they will begin being issued in late October/early November in my phone call (one of the mid-September admits) and I haven't heard back yet!

Not yet. I expect we'll start getting offers sometime soon. And they seem keen to match other schools' offers, so whatever number they throw out is probably just a starting point.


Thanks for this, I wasn't exactly sure how UCLA's process worked!

bailey8078
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bailey8078 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Admitted monday. Scholarship offer given in the phone call/ confirmed in follow up letter

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Mdenis1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:45 pm

bailey8078 wrote:Admitted monday. Scholarship offer given in the phone call/ confirmed in follow up letter


Wow, congrats! Is it too personal to ask how much $ is their offer?

bailey8078
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bailey8078 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 am

Mdenis1 wrote:
bailey8078 wrote:Admitted monday. Scholarship offer given in the phone call/ confirmed in follow up letter


Wow, congrats! Is it too personal to ask how much $ is their offer?


Already posted it on LSN, so 20k per year

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 am

bailey8078 wrote:
Mdenis1 wrote:
bailey8078 wrote:Admitted monday. Scholarship offer given in the phone call/ confirmed in follow up letter


Wow, congrats! Is it too personal to ask how much $ is their offer?


Already posted it on LSN, so 20k per year


Congratulations! That's an awesome offer.

User avatar
bobr
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bobr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:04 pm

dsn32 wrote:
shntn wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Has anyone heard about merit scholarships yet? Dean Schwartz had mentioned that they will begin being issued in late October/early November in my phone call (one of the mid-September admits) and I haven't heard back yet!

Not yet. I expect we'll start getting offers sometime soon. And they seem keen to match other schools' offers, so whatever number they throw out is probably just a starting point.


Thanks for this, I wasn't exactly sure how UCLA's process worked!


I was called a few weeks back and then the following week received a letter in the mail about scholarship money. In the initial phone call there was no mention of scholarship money.

Is merit aid based solely on numbers or do we think UCLA factors in softs? Thanks.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Is anyone out there admitted and planning on attending UCLA at full price??? Am I the only one gravely concerned about the tremendous debt burden (of attending anywhere)?

User avatar
kaf5250
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby kaf5250 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:50 pm

checking in! applied/went complete today but no status checker email yet (prob because its sunday?) ahh the waiting game begins!

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby goden » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:11 pm

kaf5250 wrote:checking in! applied/went complete today but no status checker email yet (prob because its sunday?) ahh the waiting game begins!

Same. Submitted on Thursday but no status checker email yet.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby shntn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 pm

goden wrote:
kaf5250 wrote:checking in! applied/went complete today but no status checker email yet (prob because its sunday?) ahh the waiting game begins!

Same. Submitted on Thursday but no status checker email yet.

UCLA doesn't have a status tracker.

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby goden » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm

shntn wrote:UCLA doesn't have a status tracker.

Whoops. Thanks for the info. So they just notify you through email/phone call then? (Congrats on your acceptance btw!)

Ktin
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Ktin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 pm

shntn wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Has anyone heard about merit scholarships yet? Dean Schwartz had mentioned that they will begin being issued in late October/early November in my phone call (one of the mid-September admits) and I haven't heard back yet!

Not yet. I expect we'll start getting offers sometime soon. And they seem keen to match other schools' offers, so whatever number they throw out is probably just a starting point.


I got my scholarship offer a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember the exact name right now and am at work. But it was for $75,000 over three years.

WhiskeynCoke
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WhiskeynCoke » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 pm

IN via phone call! First one of the cycle. Woo!

User avatar
gate08
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gate08 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Just got in! I really appreciated the phone call and he said "further info" would be coming later this week.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helix23 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 pm

congrats new admits!

User avatar
laura2011
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby laura2011 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Just accepted - super happy :D

To all international applicants: they might not call you abroad so you just get an e-mail referring to an acceptance you never actually received, which sounds a bit like a mistake. I called the admissions office and they were very nice about it all and (most importantly of course) the e-mail was not sent by accident!!

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Sent my app around Monday 3 pm pacific time. Any idea on how long it typically takes them to send an email confirming that they have received your app? UCLA is near the top of my list, so I'm really hoping to get some great news!

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Sent in my futile attempt at admissions today.

Hopefully they take pity on me.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby digifly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Just submitted my app. Thank God for fee waivers.

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sanjola » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 am

Super reach, but checking in. :D

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sanjola » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:40 am

dproduct wrote:Sent in my futile attempt at admissions today.

Hopefully they take pity on me.



Same here! Love that avatar, too.

User avatar
maggielizer
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby maggielizer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Just submitted mine! :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, canafsa, curry4bfast, Google [Bot], hellohalo, NotAGolfer, TecumsehSherman, ThorB and 15 guests