Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Yukos

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Yukos » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:04 pm

tyler.durden wrote:
Yukos wrote:I'm consistently unable to log into my status check now. I'm on a Mac and Chrome and Safari don't work -- is there any alternative to downloading IE for Mac?

I have the same problem when I try to log in using the bookmark I made to the site in chrome, but when I click the link in the email they sent it works every time. I am on a Mac also and this is all through chrome. I don't understand it, but hope that helps!

I have no idea why this works but it does. Thanks!

tyler.durden

Postby tyler.durden » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Yukos wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:
Yukos wrote:I'm consistently unable to log into my status check now. I'm on a Mac and Chrome and Safari don't work -- is there any alternative to downloading IE for Mac?

I have the same problem when I try to log in using the bookmark I made to the site in chrome, but when I click the link in the email they sent it works every time. I am on a Mac also and this is all through chrome. I don't understand it, but hope that helps!

I have no idea why this works but it does. Thanks!

ha! so strange... glad it helped!

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm

If you right-click (or control-click for a mac) the link to the status checker, you can select "copy link address" or something similar. Use what ends up being copied when you make your bookmark, because it's different from the status checker address that shows up in your browser. (It has some codes in it that basically say what school you're trying to access, but as soon as the site loads it kicks you to another. When you just use the final site address for the bookmark you're missing that step where the status checker knows what school you're trying to get to.)

Complicated yeah, but hopefully it helps. Good luck!

tyler.durden

Postby tyler.durden » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:15 pm

trojandave wrote:If you right-click (or control-click for a mac) the link to the status checker, you can select "copy link address" or something similar. Use what ends up being copied when you make your bookmark, because it's different from the status checker address that shows up in your browser. (It has some codes in it that basically say what school you're trying to access, but as soon as the site loads it kicks you to another. When you just use the final site address for the bookmark you're missing that step where the status checker knows what school you're trying to get to.)

Complicated yeah, but hopefully it helps. Good luck!

Awesome, thanks!

sean21

Postby sean21 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am

checking in

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Finally throwing my hat in the Stanford ring. Barring any future changes of heart, this should be my last law school app. Best of luck to you all.

VasaVasori

Post removed.

Postby VasaVasori » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sun May 10, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:25 pm

How early can we expect to hear back this year?

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 pm

JedBartlett wrote:How early can we expect to hear back this year?

Early December? Certainly no earlier than that, but it could easily be later

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:31 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:How early can we expect to hear back this year?

Early December? Certainly no earlier than that, but it could easily be later

You, sir, have just popped my cherry.

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiger11

Postby tiger11 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 am

Class of 2016 by way of Deferral!! Checking in! If anyone has questions, feel free to ask me about my application process, yada yada.

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:07 pm

tiger11 wrote:Class of 2016 by way of Deferral!! Checking in! If anyone has questions, feel free to ask me about my application process, yada yada.

Congrats! I'm jelly. I recently visited despite being far from a sure thing and it was amazing. Ah, masochism. :mrgreen: Well, I submitted my app, so let the agonizing wait begin!

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:
tiger11 wrote:Class of 2016 by way of Deferral!! Checking in! If anyone has questions, feel free to ask me about my application process, yada yada.

Congrats! I'm jelly. I recently visited despite being far from a sure thing and it was amazing. Ah, masochism. :mrgreen: Well, I submitted my app, so let the agonizing wait begin!

I just want to say that I grew up near Palo Alto, and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of visiting, Stanford has arguably the most beautiful campus in the US and the most perfect weather you can imagine. If you were rating law schools from one to 10 based on location, Stanford would be at least a 14.

(slight edit for clarity)
Last edited by Yukos on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Yukos wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Congrats! I'm jelly. I recently visited despite being far from a sure thing and it was amazing. Ah, masochism. :mrgreen: Well, I submitted my app, so let the agonizing wait begin!

I just want to say that I grew up near Palo Alto, and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of visiting, Stanford has arguably the most beautiful campus in the US and the most perfect weather you can imagine. If you were ranking law schools from one to 10 based on location, Stanford would be at least a 14.

+1 to all this, except for growing up near Palo Alto. Unfortunately, I grew up here:
--ImageRemoved--
but that made the visit all the more amazing.

(Yes that's the Yeti from Rudolph)

tiger11

Postby tiger11 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:34 am

Eichörnchen wrote:
Yukos wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Congrats! I'm jelly. I recently visited despite being far from a sure thing and it was amazing. Ah, masochism. :mrgreen: Well, I submitted my app, so let the agonizing wait begin!

I just want to say that I grew up near Palo Alto, and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of visiting, Stanford has arguably the most beautiful campus in the US and the most perfect weather you can imagine. If you were ranking law schools from one to 10 based on location, Stanford would be at least a 14.

+1 to all this, except for growing up near Palo Alto. Unfortunately, I grew up here:
--ImageRemoved--
but that made the visit all the more amazing.

(Yes that's the Yeti from Rudolph)

Well I wish all of you guys awesome success in your law school process. Ultimately it came down to HLS and SLS for me and I'd have to say the overall culture of SLS is what sold it for me. My visit just made me feel so amazing, plus, as you guys all seem to have a grip on, Palo Alto is gorgeous. Don't let that sell you alone though, it's still law school :P. Like I said, I'm here to try and answer as many questions as possible. URM as well for anyone who's interested in that perspective.

neonx

Postby neonx » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:36 am

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm a 2L here, and SLS was the best decision I could have ever made. I was ultimately choosing between a lot really great options. It was a lot of risk turning down full ride scholarships and even job offers tied to other schools, but ultimately, I could not have asked for more: I have great friends, a beautiful, exciting social life, and will be working at my dream job this summer. Good-luck, applicants! I'll be here to greet you in April when you get Faye's magical call.

maxmartin

Postby maxmartin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:11 pm

complete 10/29
in review 10/30

I am auto-ding, just try the luck :mrgreen:

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:45 am

Yukos wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:

I just want to say that I grew up near Palo Alto, and for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of visiting, Stanford has arguably the most beautiful campus in the US and the most perfect weather you can imagine. If you were rating law schools from one to 10 based on location, Stanford would be at least a 14.

(slight edit for clarity)

+1, except i have grown up in freezing cold canada

Mdenis1

Postby Mdenis1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 am

neonx wrote:I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm a 2L here, and SLS was the best decision I could have ever made. I was ultimately choosing between a lot really great options. It was a lot of risk turning down full ride scholarships and even job offers tied to other schools, but ultimately, I could not have asked for more: I have great friends, a beautiful, exciting social life, and will be working at my dream job this summer. Good-luck, applicants! I'll be here to greet you in April when you get Faye's magical call.

Hi! Sorry if this is a dumb question... What do you mean by turning down job offers before you even had started law school?

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 pm

FINALLY complete thanks to my Dean's statement finally making it in. It only took months and multiple visits to my UG to make it happen. :roll:

CourtneyJoann

Postby CourtneyJoann » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:27 am

Checking in! Just to clarify, they do hold your dean's letter, correct? I submitted mine to my dean in September to ensure he wouldn't be lazy and cause my app to be delayed, but now I'm worried it was much too early considering I just submitted my app tonight. (I was waiting for my Oct LSAT)

spicyyoda17

Postby spicyyoda17 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 am

CourtneyJoann wrote:Checking in! Just to clarify, they do hold your dean's letter, correct? I submitted mine to my dean in September to ensure he wouldn't be lazy and cause my app to be delayed, but now I'm worried it was much too early considering I just submitted my app tonight. (I was waiting for my Oct LSAT)

Correct.

gate08

Postby gate08 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Finally officially checking in, went complete today thanks to my dean letter. This is a hail mary if there every was one!

bruwinning24

Postby bruwinning24 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:20 pm

My status checker has never worked. I've used Mozilla, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Anyone know what to do?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”