Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby RSterling » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:48 pm

I think (hope) there's still hope. My guess is that there will be more acceptances tomorrow. I submitted in september, so I'm especially nervous now that nov/dec people are getting calls. Compared to previous cycles, there's been very little movement at this point. I know this cycle is different, but I'm thinking there will be more acceptances tomorrow for sept-dec folks and then some more next week. I'm going to wait until the end of next week to worry.

debater88
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby debater88 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm heading to Fla. for the holiday weekend. I'm sure Dean Deal will be taking the weekend off, but part of me wants to believe that I will get the call while lounging in a chair on the beach.

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby uconjak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm

RSterling wrote:I think (hope) there's still hope. My guess is that there will be more acceptances tomorrow. I submitted in september, so I'm especially nervous now that nov/dec people are getting calls. Compared to previous cycles, there's been very little movement at this point. I know this cycle is different, but I'm thinking there will be more acceptances tomorrow for sept-dec folks and then some more next week. I'm going to wait until the end of next week to worry.


You have at least a shot, i am trying to draw to an inside strait. Iam a jan applicant. I wll have to wait until june....at this rate

Good luck!

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Yukos » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Accepted, somehow, today. I was a late-September applicant so I figured I had been passed. Stanford has been my dream since I started UG, I really feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute...

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Yukos wrote:Accepted, somehow, today. I was a late-September applicant so I figured I had been passed. Stanford has been my dream since I started UG, I really feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute...


Wow congrats.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby TrustInMusic » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Yukos wrote:Accepted, somehow, today. I was a late-September applicant so I figured I had been passed. Stanford has been my dream since I started UG, I really feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute...


Wow! Congrats to all the new admits!
I'm still waiting to be complete... good to know they're making it into Nov now

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby helix23 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Yukos wrote:Accepted, somehow, today. I was a late-September applicant so I figured I had been passed. Stanford has been my dream since I started UG, I really feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute...


congrats!

WalkingPlato
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby WalkingPlato » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Still waiting for them to look at my app... Been sitting on late Nov complete date (might be UR1) for a while... I think everything on the app is good except the LSAT is just a tiny bit below 25th.. Crazy how one number can take you out of running. C'mon Stanford! I'd be a good fit. I promise.

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby spicyyoda17 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Yukos wrote:Accepted, somehow, today. I was a late-September applicant so I figured I had been passed. Stanford has been my dream since I started UG, I really feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute...


Yukos! That's awesome! Congrats!

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby sinfiery » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Yukos wrote:Accepted, somehow, today. I was a late-September applicant so I figured I had been passed. Stanford has been my dream since I started UG, I really feel like I'm gonna wake up any minute...

Gratz, that's awesome!

hannahk
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby hannahk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Shock and joy today! I got a lovely voicemail from Dean Deal at 1:50 east coast time.

Submitted 10/17, 175, 3.9, non-URM, but most importantly... Palo Alto native!!

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby dcg2120 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Congrats guys!

Inching toward December completes...

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby shakespeare » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Yukos' case gives me hope (which is good...or not...hope=poison?). Should October applicants give up hope now?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Yukos » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:00 pm

shakespeare wrote:Yukos' case gives me hope (which is good...or not...hope=poison?). Should October applicants give up hope now?


If they're still accepting September applicants like me no reason to assume October people are out.

User avatar
vividviolin
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby vividviolin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Reading these forums feels a lot like watching the proverbial pot boil...

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 pm

vividviolin wrote:Reading these forums feels a lot like watching the proverbial pot boil...


Actually, it's a lot like watching an actual pot boil, with the flame on really low. WHERE ARE THE FREAKING BUBBLES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am

Yukos wrote:
shakespeare wrote:Yukos' case gives me hope (which is good...or not...hope=poison?). Should October applicants give up hope now?


If they're still accepting September applicants like me no reason to assume October people are out.


Yayyyy congrats! And thanks for giving Oct people hope. ;)

footsie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby footsie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:52 am

cwid1391 wrote:
footsie wrote:Missed the call unfortunately, but just saw the email...I'm in! :D

(went complete in December)

Absolute best of luck to everyone still waiting!!


Wow, YLS and SLS! Congrats. Do you have some incredible softs?


Thank you! And I'd say I have pretty solid softs & likely very strong recs, though I wouldn't say my softs were "incredible" (e.g. I'm not an ex-Olympian purple heart recipient) --> so to everyone still waiting to hear back --stay positive/hopeful! There's no reason to think or assume you're out of the running at this point

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby yarsten » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:56 am

So I don't know if anybody has done this yet, but I made this depressing graph of last year's LSN cycle in my spare time:

Image

There are some green dots off to the right, but it looks like they basically made decisions based on completion date, with an offset for rejections. There were about 27 acceptances this time last year (out of 57 total) and we're at 14 so they are a little behind compared to last year. Keep in mind I clumped all waitlists together regardless of final outcome.

Have a nice day!

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Checking in. Just submitted the other day, because I really hadn't been considering moving to California, but...well, things have changed. Anyway, hoping I'm not too late to the party to be considered. Congrats to all the admits so far!

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby domino » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

yarsten wrote:
Have a nice day!


:lol: :| :(

ETA not complaining though, I am still really happy with how this cycle has gone so far!

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby dcg2120 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 pm

yarsten wrote:So I don't know if anybody has done this yet, but I made this depressing graph of last year's LSN cycle in my spare time:


Thanks for this! There was another spreadsheet floating around but using complete date instead of submit date is nice (I suspect they matter more because requiring the Dean's Certification probably slows down some applications).

elterrible78 wrote:...well, things have changed.


Lot of water under the bridge,
Lot of other stuff too...

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:36 pm

dcg2120 wrote:
yarsten wrote:So I don't know if anybody has done this yet, but I made this depressing graph of last year's LSN cycle in my spare time:


Thanks for this! There was another spreadsheet floating around but using complete date instead of submit date is nice (I suspect they matter more because requiring the Dean's Certification probably slows down some applications).

elterrible78 wrote:...well, things have changed.


Lot of water under the bridge,
Lot of other stuff too...


? You saying you think it's too late?

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby dcg2120 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
dcg2120 wrote:...
elterrible78 wrote:...well, things have changed.


Lot of water under the bridge,
Lot of other stuff too...


? You saying you think it's too late?


Sorry--you had a Dylan avatar before, right? That's from "Things Have Changed"... I definitely didn't mean to say anything about your application. Just reminded me of the song.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Stanford C/O 2016 Applicants Thread

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 pm

dcg2120 wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
dcg2120 wrote:...
elterrible78 wrote:...well, things have changed.


Lot of water under the bridge,
Lot of other stuff too...


? You saying you think it's too late?


Sorry--you had a Dylan avatar before, right? That's from "Things Have Changed"... I definitely didn't mean to say anything about your application. Just reminded me of the song.


Ha! Didn't even think of that, and yes, I had Time Out of Mind before. Nice catch!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, ashrice13, cephaschen, EvanWilliams2, Google [Bot], Kungfu Wontons, lawschool2017712, MSNbot Media, okf731, proteinshake, simplypara588, turkeyncheese, WamBam, wishywashy and 26 guests